Discussion of microbrand watches
R@cerx
Name: David

Re: New Member introduction

Post by R@cerx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:30 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:36 am
This is going so well.
It's good to see DWC is being kept free shills, entrepreneurs and new members.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:37 am

Panerai7 wrote:
This is going so well.

Seriously though as Matt and Zack have already asked, there are more micros than rats at a city dump. Everyone thinks they can order a 100 watches from China, call it something like Spine Cracker Deep Cavity and call themselves a watch company.
Ironically, Spine Cracker Deep Cavity is the name of my chiropractor. Every time I go there I leave with my back feeling wonderful, but my ass is strangely sore....

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:41 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:37 am
Panerai7 wrote:
This is going so well.

Seriously though as Matt and Zack have already asked, there are more micros than rats at a city dump. Everyone thinks they can order a 100 watches from China, call it something like Spine Cracker Deep Cavity and call themselves a watch company.
Ironically, Spine Cracker Deep Cavity is the name of my chiropractor. Every time I go there I leave with my back feeling wonderful, but my ass is strangely sore....
Ha, I think I've been to one of those doctors :)

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:44 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:41 am
Ryeguy wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
This is going so well.

Doctors don’t work out of men’s public bathrooms.

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:44 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:41 am
Ryeguy wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
This is going so well.

Doctors don’t work out of men’s public bathrooms.
Looked legit, he even asked for my co-pay

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:33 am

Man, it must be something in the air. Here, a few of the Facebook groups I belong to; the wackos coming out of hibernation I guess.

On another note, I have no idea what the OP’s watch looks like or who he is, but if you are going to to start a watch brand, either brush up on your grammar and spelling asap, or get yourself someone to write your campaign and do your marketing and PR. You type like a 7 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:37 am

Champagne InHand wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:48 pm
Watchpassion wrote:yeah a botched up grand entrance that don't go down well, apologies, but would like to start afresh.
And he should be able to.

Who else is going to introduce you product for free.

I can’t find the exact movement that you use in the watch though.

If you could elaborate this would be very helpful.

How about an intro thread new (old) guy?

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 am

someone please reset my memory: was Yamahaki a Medic?
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:27 am

justsellbrgs wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:03 am
someone please reset my memory: was Yamahaki a Medic?
There's definitely something familiar about Mr. Medic-Turned-Vintner's style, right? :scratch:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:40 am

Everyone seems on edge. I blame the Tudor Black Bay P01.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:46 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:40 am
Everyone seems on edge. I blame the Tudor Black Bay P01.
Maybe this will help ease the tension...

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:47 am

It only took 5 minutes and a Google search of your name, to reveal that you are more than just interested in "watch making" on the replica watch forums. You speak of several replica watches that you own...

24/02/19

Just got a Tag Heurer DLC Aquaracer in just to compare it side by side with a PVD Glycine Combat Sub on British Khaki NATO.
The Tag is very well done. The bag engraving could be deeper and the lume, while fantastic initially fades way too quickly but it’s almost a 1:1 rep. The Glycine is a better by with a Sellita movement that’s adjusted very well, but the Heuer is impressive especially the strap. It looks like sail cloth but is a tight canvas padded with leather and a very nice DLC clasp. I wish the lume lasted much longer and then it would be incredible. The ceramic insert is held by DLC steel which allows you a better grasp. I’m sure if this was a gen and truly depth rather these tabs would help you grasp the bezel in gloves.
I’ve been looking at a few micro brands and of course the very nice and thin Glycine Combat subs.
I’ve got a Tudor Pelagos with blue dial and bezel on the way. I decided against a H2 Hamtun Kraken because they are going with a wonky clasp.
Breaking in the bracelet takes a bit of fine and some saddle soap/mink oil combo. But this would look great on an Alphashark seatbelt NATO just as easily.
Good NATOs that are buy 2 get one free and a veterans/first responder discount. New customers get 10% too. They all add up to $45US with 3 premium NATOs.

They are a bit hard to get used to as a deep diver, but after a full weeks wear you won't notice a thing. They are a bit pricey these days. A really good replica with full sapphire Crystal and SWISS ETA is available from BKWatches, but made by the Noob factory out of Guangzhou China. It runs about $600, versus the Rolex version, not a clone at about $9000. It's not a difficult decision as the Noob factory has the ceramic bezel and makes an almost 1:1 clone minus the caliber 3135 Rolex in-house movement. I rarely put these on the wrist but find myself feeling blue when I think of selling them. However I've gotta make room and free some funds with the new Helson Blackbeard on its way.

Did you figure out the issues with the clone movement in your "Omega Aqua Terra " ???

You are a liar.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:59 am

That's an even worse look.
- Todd

Selym

Post by Selym » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:04 am

JDC222 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:47 am
It only took 5 minutes and a Google search of your name, to reveal that you are more than just interested in "watch making" on the replica watch forums. You speak of several replica watches that you own...

24/02/19

Just got a Tag Heurer DLC Aquaracer in just to compare it side by side with a PVD Glycine Combat Sub on British Khaki NATO.
The Tag is very well done. The bag engraving could be deeper and the lume, while fantastic initially fades way too quickly but it’s almost a 1:1 rep. The Glycine is a better by with a Sellita movement that’s adjusted very well, but the Heuer is impressive especially the strap. It looks like sail cloth but is a tight canvas padded with leather and a very nice DLC clasp. I wish the lume lasted much longer and then it would be incredible. The ceramic insert is held by DLC steel which allows you a better grasp. I’m sure if this was a gen and truly depth rather these tabs would help you grasp the bezel in gloves.
I’ve been looking at a few micro brands and of course the very nice and thin Glycine Combat subs.
I’ve got a Tudor Pelagos with blue dial and bezel on the way. I decided against a H2 Hamtun Kraken because they are going with a wonky clasp.
Breaking in the bracelet takes a bit of fine and some saddle soap/mink oil combo. But this would look great on an Alphashark seatbelt NATO just as easily.
Good NATOs that are buy 2 get one free and a veterans/first responder discount. New customers get 10% too. They all add up to $45US with 3 premium NATOs.

They are a bit hard to get used to as a deep diver, but after a full weeks wear you won't notice a thing. They are a bit pricey these days. A really good replica with full sapphire Crystal and SWISS ETA is available from BKWatches, but made by the Noob factory out of Guangzhou China. It runs about $600, versus the Rolex version, not a clone at about $9000. It's not a difficult decision as the Noob factory has the ceramic bezel and makes an almost 1:1 clone minus the caliber 3135 Rolex in-house movement. I rarely put these on the wrist but find myself feeling blue when I think of selling them. However I've gotta make room and free some funds with the new Helson Blackbeard on its way.

Did you figure out the issues with the clone movement in your "Omega Aqua Terra " ???

You are a liar.
I have to own up to something. I bought a fake Movado Museum Watch. When I was 14. :shrug: :lol:

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am

wow...
Fake this, fake that, fake Pelagos "...I’ve got a Tudor Pelagos with blue dial and bezel on the way."

I never understood the appeal of a fake watch. Who are you fooling? No one cares what watch you wear except yourself. But you, yourself, know it's a fake. I don't get it.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am
wow...
Fake this, fake that, fake Pelagos "...I’ve got a Tudor Pelagos with blue dial and bezel on the way."

I never understood the appeal of a fake watch. Who are you fooling? No one cares what watch you wear except yourself. But you, yourself, know it's a fake. I don't get it.
Great profit margin if you can sell your fake as real :tap: ... I always look at forum memberships when buying to see if the seller might be one of the dbags who might do this. I've never believed anybody (including the current mouthpiece in this thread) who tries to play the whole "but but but there's good information about REAL watches there too! I'm just trying to learn!". Give it a rest.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 am

hidden by leaves wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 am
Panerai7 wrote:
wow...

Great profit margin if you can sell your fake as real :tap: ... I always look at forum memberships when buying to see if the seller might be one of the dbags who might do this. I've never believed anybody (including the current mouthpiece in this thread) who tries to play the whole "but but but there's good information about REAL watches there too! I'm just trying to learn!". Give it a rest.
Have you seen Sour Grapes? Maybe Champagne IH is a fake wine connoisseur as well?

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:49 am

james80 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 am
hidden by leaves wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
wow...

Have you seen Sour Grapes? Maybe Champagne IH is a fake wine connoisseur as well?
The story of Rudy Kurniawan is one of the most fascinating true-life tales of fraud I have ever heard about.
- Todd

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:55 am

Ok, so just checking. Are we still a bunch of meanie heads.

Selym

Post by Selym » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:16 am

james80 wrote:
Is champagne produced outside of the Champagne region (e.g. Upstate NY) replica champagne?

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:25 am

Chocodove wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:49 am
james80 wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
wow...

The story of Rudy Kurniawan is one of the most fascinating true-life tales of fraud I have ever heard about.
I agree 100%. i've watched that documentary several times.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:27 am

Chocodove wrote:
james80 wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
wow...

Sounds interesting. I've been on a documentary kick lately - I'll have to check it out.

Chocodove

New Member introduction

Post by Chocodove » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:31 am

JBZ wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
james80 wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
wow...

Sounds interesting. I've been on a documentary kick lately - I'll have to check it out.
At the time this was happening, I was a lurker on the main forum (Winebeserkers) where the whole thing was uncovered. The interaction between those who wouldn’t believe it was true and had a financial vested interest in it NOT being true versus the whistleblowers/amateur detectives was truly gripping reading. A bunch of millionaires and billionaires arguing about ridiculous amounts of money in invested wine and a possible fraudster amongst their midst.

I still consider that epic thread to be the best I’ve ever read on any forum.

Edit: here’s the thread. Great reading if you have a free month :)

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=61172

- Todd

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:02 am

Chocodove wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:31 am
JBZ wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
james80 wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
wow...

At the time this was happening, I was a lurker on the main forum (Winebeserkers) where the whole thing was uncovered. The interaction between those who wouldn’t believe it was true and had a financial vested interest in it NOT being true versus the whistleblowers/amateur detectives was truly gripping reading. A bunch of millionaires and billionaires arguing about ridiculous amounts of money in invested wine and a possible fraudster amongst their midst.

I still consider that epic thread to be the best I’ve ever read on any forum.

Edit: here’s the thread. Great reading if you have a free month :)

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=61172
It reminds me of Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos (I just watched Out for Blood on HBO). Even though it became clear she was completely full of it, she snowed a ton of respectable people who backed her up until the bitter end (including former Secretary of State George Schultz, who took her word over that of his own grandson, even though his grandson had worked for Theranos and told his grandfather that it was a massive fraud).

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:17 am

Champagne InHand wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
Champagne InHand wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:43 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Champagne InHand wrote:
Watchpassion wrote:yeah a botched up grand entrance that don't go down well, apologies, but would like to start afresh.
And he should be able to.

Who else is going to introduce you product for free.

I can’t find the exact movement that you use in the watch though.

If you could elaborate this would be very helpful.

Not a good look when the four watch forums you follow on Tapatalk are WUS and three sites for counterfeits.
The rep sites have good watchmaking information. You don’t know me. I am an Eagle Scout. A Veteran Combat Medic that served in war and peace in the US Army. I’m medically retired and grow wine grapes.

What’s your resume/background.

Is this forum not open to various opinions and hobbies. That’s a real bad attitude to presume you know somebody to look up their tapatalk sites. You didn’t mention I have 4-5 Jeep sites, a puff cigar/pipe forum.

I’ll bet I could stand in a courtroom or pass any government background check that you could.

Don’t be so presumptive.

I’m just saying the guy should have the same ability to introduce his Microbrand hopefully as much as anybody else.

If you have a problem with that, you best go look in the mirror and see what’s inside you that makes you so able to judge with very little knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, if I joined your wine grape forum and started spouting off about how your grapes were grown, the poor quality and taste and how mine were better etc....but, I apologized and asked for a do-over...cool?

As Ed has mentioned, there is nothing "above board" about a fake watch forum and anything to do with fake watches is not welcomed here.

With only 28 posts in almost 2 years, all we can do is presume, as your limited participation has not allowed us to know otherwise.

All opinions are welcomed here but when you say "as he should be able to" and "who else is going to introduce you product for free", when he tried to sneak in an advertisement, pretending that he was a fan, not the owner of the Kickstarter project.

I hope this clarifies the reaction to your comments.
Presume is to assume. I’m just saying hit the guy with real questions rather than group think and run him off when we put all the other microbrands up.

Yes, I only subscribe to the microbrand section. I don’t participate tins on any forums. I read anywhere I can build a knowledge base.

Acting like a snobby clique isn’t any way for positive communication nor is going after the first person that says okay, you screwed the pick on your first couple of posts. Badly.

He apologized and asked for a redo.

Is that so bad? How many others admit their screw up and actually try to come back for the tar and feathering, just to try to clarify?

Very few.

I see sir high and mighty from WA state believes he is above it all. I’m just curious as to what part of WA State do you call home. I lived twice in the Puget Sound area next to sub base Bangor but worked mostly in the hospitals of Seattle. A beautiful place for diving or many water sports.

Well our NZ based friend clearly messed up and found out the ugly side of Internet forums.

It will be interesting if he tries to come back and supply any answers to the legit questions asked.

But let’s not be ugly American stereotypes. I fought too hard against this for the better part of my life. Within the states and outside North America.

I know I was young and ignorant once upon a time and botched a few things. I just think after an apology or two we give him benefit of doubt as a person and grill him on the specifics rather than beat the dead horse as admin quickly removed his pitch.

Quoted for reference.