Name: Hoppy

Re: New Member introduction

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 am

Champagne InHand wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Champagne InHand wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Champagne InHand wrote:
Watchpassion wrote:yeah a botched up grand entrance that don't go down well, apologies, but would like to start afresh.
And he should be able to.

Who else is going to introduce you product for free.

I can’t find the exact movement that you use in the watch though.

If you could elaborate this would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a good look when the four watch forums you follow on Tapatalk are WUS and three sites for counterfeits.
The rep sites have good watchmaking information. You don’t know me. I am an Eagle Scout. A Veteran Combat Medic that served in war and peace in the US Army. I’m medically retired and grow wine grapes.

What’s your resume/background.

Is this forum not open to various opinions and hobbies. That’s a real bad attitude to presume you know somebody to look up their tapatalk sites. You didn’t mention I have 4-5 Jeep sites, a puff cigar/pipe forum.

I’ll bet I could stand in a courtroom or pass any government background check that you could.

Don’t be so presumptive.

I’m just saying the guy should have the same ability to introduce his Microbrand hopefully as much as anybody else.

If you have a problem with that, you best go look in the mirror and see what’s inside you that makes you so able to judge with very little knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We speak freely here and a resume isn’t a prerequisite.

“You’re awfully arrogant “

for someone who doesn’t participate or contribute to the forum.

I’ll be a presumptive as I choose. Watchmaking information can be found in places other than forums that cater to counterfeit goods.

Don’t bother to reply, I just don’t care enough to debate you.

That’s the pot calling the kettle black. It’s easy to feel defensive when attacked for asking that we try to give a guy a chance to explain himself.

Lastly strap makers are also easier to contact via rep sites besides the watchmaking. They do actually have Gen forums and trade and are quite interested in Legitimate micro brands because most of the reps are rubbish and cost more than a decent Seiko.

But if you are fine with ignoring something you dislike, well let’s just be glad you aren’t a leader or military strategist.

It’s funny that in America it was okay to steal and publicly use all of the Cuban cigar marcas, with little debate, minus those of us who actually enjoy good cigars. It’s a double edged sword and looking st it from only one perspective in silly.

If you are buying old wine or watches, provenance is everything as counterfeiting is everywhere and not only are the Chinese very good at it. Best to know from those who tear apart fakes every little detail.

Frankly we have done this multiple times at the Jewelry shop my best buds family owns. His dad is a young 82 and was born into a watchmaking family. He was trained in both Italy and France, but he and his watchmaking father fled post war Italy and spent 3 years in Venezuela. When Jerry, the watchmaker, got his chance to come to the states, he took it, over the objection of his father who wanted him to do more training in post way West Germany.

This was a project we did this week for a buddy of mine in NYC.

Restoring a 1999 Datejust to full COSC chronometer status.

It’s always fun to spend time with a master watchmaker. His skills are brilliant.

Quoted for reference.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 am

JDC222 wrote:It only took 5 minutes and a Google search of your name, to reveal that you are more than just interested in "watch making" on the replica watch forums. You speak of several replica watches that you own...

24/02/19

Just got a Tag Heurer DLC Aquaracer in just to compare it side by side with a PVD Glycine Combat Sub on British Khaki NATO.
The Tag is very well done. The bag engraving could be deeper and the lume, while fantastic initially fades way too quickly but it’s almost a 1:1 rep. The Glycine is a better by with a Sellita movement that’s adjusted very well, but the Heuer is impressive especially the strap. It looks like sail cloth but is a tight canvas padded with leather and a very nice DLC clasp. I wish the lume lasted much longer and then it would be incredible. The ceramic insert is held by DLC steel which allows you a better grasp. I’m sure if this was a gen and truly depth rather these tabs would help you grasp the bezel in gloves.
I’ve been looking at a few micro brands and of course the very nice and thin Glycine Combat subs.
I’ve got a Tudor Pelagos with blue dial and bezel on the way. I decided against a H2 Hamtun Kraken because they are going with a wonky clasp.
Breaking in the bracelet takes a bit of fine and some saddle soap/mink oil combo. But this would look great on an Alphashark seatbelt NATO just as easily.
Good NATOs that are buy 2 get one free and a veterans/first responder discount. New customers get 10% too. They all add up to $45US with 3 premium NATOs.

They are a bit hard to get used to as a deep diver, but after a full weeks wear you won't notice a thing. They are a bit pricey these days. A really good replica with full sapphire Crystal and SWISS ETA is available from BKWatches, but made by the Noob factory out of Guangzhou China. It runs about $600, versus the Rolex version, not a clone at about $9000. It's not a difficult decision as the Noob factory has the ceramic bezel and makes an almost 1:1 clone minus the caliber 3135 Rolex in-house movement. I rarely put these on the wrist but find myself feeling blue when I think of selling them. However I've gotta make room and free some funds with the new Helson Blackbeard on its way.

Did you figure out the issues with the clone movement in your "Omega Aqua Terra " ???

You are a liar.

Maybe he owns those counterfeit watches to practice his watchmaking skills.

:lol:

He has a large set to try and preach to us, but he’ll never be accepted here.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:22 am

Chocodove wrote:
JBZ wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:49 am
james80 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 am
hidden by leaves wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am
wow...
Fake this, fake that, fake Pelagos "...I’ve got a Tudor Pelagos with blue dial and bezel on the way."

I never understood the appeal of a fake watch. Who are you fooling? No one cares what watch you wear except yourself. But you, yourself, know it's a fake. I don't get it.
Great profit margin if you can sell your fake as real :tap: ... I always look at forum memberships when buying to see if the seller might be one of the dbags who might do this. I've never believed anybody (including the current mouthpiece in this thread) who tries to play the whole "but but but there's good information about REAL watches there too! I'm just trying to learn!". Give it a rest.
Have you seen Sour Grapes? Maybe Champagne IH is a fake wine connoisseur as well?
The story of Rudy Kurniawan is one of the most fascinating true-life tales of fraud I have ever heard about.
Sounds interesting. I've been on a documentary kick lately - I'll have to check it out.
At the time this was happening, I was a lurker on the main forum (Winebeserkers) where the whole thing was uncovered. The interaction between those who wouldn’t believe it was true and had a financial vested interest in it NOT being true versus the whistleblowers/amateur detectives was truly gripping reading. A bunch of millionaires and billionaires arguing about ridiculous amounts of money in invested wine and a possible fraudster amongst their midst.

I still consider that epic thread to be the best I’ve ever read on any forum.

Edit: here’s the thread. Great reading if you have a free month :)

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=61172

:(
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:29 am

r.palace wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
JBZ wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:49 am
james80 wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am
wow...
Fake this, fake that, fake Pelagos "...I’ve got a Tudor Pelagos with blue dial and bezel on the way."

I never understood the appeal of a fake watch. Who are you fooling? No one cares what watch you wear except yourself. But you, yourself, know it's a fake. I don't get it.
Great profit margin if you can sell your fake as real :tap: ... I always look at forum memberships when buying to see if the seller might be one of the dbags who might do this. I've never believed anybody (including the current mouthpiece in this thread) who tries to play the whole "but but but there's good information about REAL watches there too! I'm just trying to learn!". Give it a rest.
Have you seen Sour Grapes? Maybe Champagne IH is a fake wine connoisseur as well?
The story of Rudy Kurniawan is one of the most fascinating true-life tales of fraud I have ever heard about.
Sounds interesting. I've been on a documentary kick lately - I'll have to check it out.
At the time this was happening, I was a lurker on the main forum (Winebeserkers) where the whole thing was uncovered. The interaction between those who wouldn’t believe it was true and had a financial vested interest in it NOT being true versus the whistleblowers/amateur detectives was truly gripping reading. A bunch of millionaires and billionaires arguing about ridiculous amounts of money in invested wine and a possible fraudster amongst their midst.

I still consider that epic thread to be the best I’ve ever read on any forum.

Edit: here’s the thread. Great reading if you have a free month :)

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=61172

:(
Weird. Just google “Rudy Kurniawan” and “winebeserkers” and it will come right up.
- Todd

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:33 am

(further) OT, but does anyone else find it weird that "The World's Largest and Most Active Online Wine Community" is called "Wine Berserkers"???

"Beer Berserkers" I can see maybe, but wine?

Nah...
Send lawyers, guns and money...

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:48 am

Ok checking back here.
Due to the rep watch buying - eat him alive!

But I don’t have a problem with OP except he did it wrong. I don’t know how to do it right. He wants to come tell us about his new watch company, who cares? Let him.

But I agree no fake watch people around here. All it takes is for some of them to make it into a trade by PMs and then I could be wearing one and not know it.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:00 am

[youtube]https://youtu.be/sglyFwTjfDU[/youtube]

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by four20 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

CGSshorty
Admin

New Member introduction

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:07 am

BBK357 wrote: But I don’t have a problem with OP except he did it wrong. I don’t know how to do it right. He wants to come tell us about his new watch company, who cares? Let him.
The right way is “I’m Joe Blow from Joe Blow Watches. Please check out our new watches on Kickstarter”.
I’d still delete it, but at least it’s honest.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:17 am

Seppia wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:03 am
How was Out For Blood?
I have been waiting for it for a while and will watch it when I’m back home in a week or so
I liked it a lot. When Holmes and Theranos were getting mentioned as the next big thing all over the place, I wasn't really paying attention to what they were doing other than some sort of new blood test using much less blood than conventional tests. But, even for a layperson, it should have been obvious that they were marketing a pipe dream. "We've invented a way to do hundreds of blood tests using a 12" cubed machine and only a couple drops of blood. You'll be able to take the test and get the results (that you won't understand) at Walgreens."

But they got a lot of heavy hitters to be on their board - Schultz, Henry Kissinger, Sam Nunn, James Mattis. All of whom are very well respected, but none of whom have a professional science or medical background. That gave them serious cred. I don't know if Elizabeth Holmes set out to defraud people, but it's pretty clear that when things started to go bad, she just doubled down. She's a fascinating train wreck.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:23 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:17 am
Seppia wrote:
How was Out For Blood?
I have been waiting for it for a while and will watch it when I’m back home in a week or so
I liked it a lot. When Holmes and Theranos were getting mentioned as the next big thing all over the place, I wasn't really paying attention to what they were doing other than some sort of new blood test using much less blood than conventional tests. But, even for a layperson, it should have been obvious that they were marketing a pipe dream. "We've invented a way to do hundreds of blood tests using a 12" cubed machine and only a couple drops of blood. You'll be able to take the test and get the results (that you won't understand) at Walgreens."

But they got a lot of heavy hitters to be on their board - Schultz, Henry Kissinger, Sam Nunn, James Mattis. All of whom are very well respected, but none of whom have a professional science or medical background. That gave them serious cred. I don't know if Elizabeth Holmes set out to defraud people, but it's pretty clear that when things started to go bad, she just doubled down. She's a fascinating train wreck.
I was paying attention at that time. As soon as I heard "Stanford sophomore left school and magically created a technological marvel that nobody had ever even thought of", I knew it was total bullshit.

I knew absolute geniuses at Berkeley. People who were killing PhD level math classes at 12. Not a single one of them were able to do even a tenth of what Holmes was purported to have done.

I'm almost 100% sure that she was the pretty face, either knowing or unknowing, for a completely orchastrated tech scam. I don't think this is a "things went wrong" story. I think it's a "someone made a plan and then implemented it". She's probably just a dumb college kid who got in over her head and now gets to pay the price for everyone else.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:30 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:23 am
JBZ wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:17 am
Seppia wrote:
How was Out For Blood?

I was paying attention at that time. As soon as I heard "Stanford sophomore left school and magically created a technological marvel that nobody had ever even thought of", I knew it was total bullshit.

I knew absolute geniuses at Berkeley. People who were killing PhD level math classes at 12. Not a single one of them were able to do even a tenth of what Holmes was purported to have done.

I'm almost 100% sure that she was the pretty face, either knowing or unknowing, for a completely orchastrated tech scam. I don't think this is a "things went wrong" story. I think it's a "someone made a plan and then implemented it". She's probably just a dumb college kid who got in over her head and now gets to pay the price for everyone else.
You may be right, although I think she was most likely pretty intelligent, but either not grounded in reality or an out and out sociopath (or both). And she was clearly charming, particularly to older men who most likely enjoyed the combination of good looks and "tech speak." Further, looking at her board gives credence to the thought that Theranos was really just trying to get government/military contracts. She even told George Schultz the her blood test machine had already been deployed for use on the battlefield when it hadn't.

One of her biggest critics is a Stanford professor/physician who told her that her ideas wouldn't work from the very beginning (her first idea was a skin patch that could detect disease and then release antibiotics to combat it - the professor explained to her that antibiotics don't work that way). And she was personally very odd - the Steve Jobs turtlenecks, the deliberate lowering of her speaking voice, and the affair she was having with the number 2 corporate guy, who was 19 years older than her. Apparently, toward the end, she was bringing her dog into work and letting it defecate around the office.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 am

To be fair, when I had a corporate job there were days that I wished my dog could come in and take a shit in someone's office.

four20

Post by four20 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 am
To be fair, when I had a corporate job there were days that I wished my dog could come in and take a shit in someone's office.
sorry :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E55t0lnp_8M[/youtube]

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:49 am

JDC222 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 pm
Another welcoming DWC thread

IMHO, these are not the people that deserve a welcome.
Oh, they deserve a welcome all right! Image
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:58 am

jeckyll wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 pm
Another welcoming DWC thread

IMHO, these are not the people that deserve a welcome.
Oh, they deserve a welcome all right! Image
Champagne Douche has some nerve sticking around.

Champagne InHand

Post by Champagne InHand » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Selym wrote:
james80 wrote:
Is champagne produced outside of the Champagne region (e.g. Upstate NY) replica champagne?

Champagne, can only be called champagne on the label if it is from the champagne region of France. 3 principle grapes, and 3 more rare grape varieties allowed. The same bubbles from anywhere else is cremant and may use any grape juice. It’s usually 4 bar of pressure vs. 6 bar.

Traverse City, the Finger Lakes and Niagara regions of NY/Ontario, Canada as well as the West Coast above the Bay Area through WA state make very good sparkling wines from the same grapes.

Even an area in the hills of NM make a good blend. Gruet.

I grow mostly Riesling but some Chardonnay.
I don’t make any sparklers but I do enjoy them. Image
That rack furthest to the left is all vintage champagne.

JDC222. Image

Prove one thing I lied about even with your half assed googling and investigating.

You sir are a nob. In the end we are all flawed.

hoppyjr, I would love to meet you personally. Maybe one day.

I don’t go on forums to gain a following or pretend friends.

You want to Google me or research me? Fine. Nothing to hide but check your sources.

I told you we have got some reps to see what’s underneath. The Aquaracer is a pathetic watch because it nothing unique. It has less than a microbrand.

Yes the clone movement of the 8500 co-axial are a complete lie. They have pieces of A7750 and A2824/2836 and some strangely put together quirks with no-co-axial escapement. Lubricsted by what looks to be used motor oil.

I happened to watch “Out for Blood,” last night as well.

Too bad she was so pig-headed about the machines size. But we all knew capillary blood couldn’t be used for much because it’s mixed with both used and pre-used blood supplying tissues and therefore not full with waste or with food like you get in veins or arteries.

Good documentary.

So most of you with no lives continue on with your massive circle jerk and dog-pile on the rabbit. I’ve dealt with bullies who hide behind anonymity my whole life.

I’m glad that something actually gives your life a bit of fulfillment as pathetic as it sounds.

I’ll continue to just read on and comment when I feel it appropriate.

Wine berserkers is a fine site. They at least make you give you real name for transparency purposes as it tends to get a little rough in some sections. But those sections carry warnings.

I do have a big set. I’ve earned them too.
What’s your excuse. Youth, misery, unfriendly personalities.

Most of you are quite a collective. You all probably drive below the speed limits, never jaywalk, or at least claim to, when it suits you, with you collective fan base.

If you don’t like microbrand watches, why don’t you see if the sites owners will remove the sub-forum?

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:13 pm

Somebody ban this guy.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Doesn’t always work. I’ve been banned here twice.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:44 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:21 pm
Doesn’t always work. I’ve been banned here twice.

Then clearly those were replica bans. :hand:
Send lawyers, guns and money...

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:50 pm

The story is changing already.
- Todd

four20

Post by four20 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:58 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Somebody ban this guy.
Owning reps is enough reasonImage

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Champagne InHand wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:34 pm
Selym wrote:
james80 wrote:
Is champagne produced outside of the Champagne region (e.g. Upstate NY) replica champagne?

Champagne, can only be called champagne on the label if it is from the champagne region of France. 3 principle grapes, and 3 more rare grape varieties allowed. The same bubbles from anywhere else is cremant and may use any grape juice. It’s usually 4 bar of pressure vs. 6 bar.

Traverse City, the Finger Lakes and Niagara regions of NY/Ontario, Canada as well as the West Coast above the Bay Area through WA state make very good sparkling wines from the same grapes.

Even an area in the hills of NM make a good blend. Gruet.

I grow mostly Riesling but some Chardonnay.
I don’t make any sparklers but I do enjoy them. Image
That rack furthest to the left is all vintage champagne.

JDC222. Image

Prove one thing I lied about even with your half assed googling and investigating.

You sir are a nob. In the end we are all flawed.

hoppyjr, I would love to meet you personally. Maybe one day.

I don’t go on forums to gain a following or pretend friends.

You want to Google me or research me? Fine. Nothing to hide but check your sources.

I told you we have got some reps to see what’s underneath. The Aquaracer is a pathetic watch because it nothing unique. It has less than a microbrand.

Yes the clone movement of the 8500 co-axial are a complete lie. They have pieces of A7750 and A2824/2836 and some strangely put together quirks with no-co-axial escapement. Lubricsted by what looks to be used motor oil.

I happened to watch “Out for Blood,” last night as well.

Too bad she was so pig-headed about the machines size. But we all knew capillary blood couldn’t be used for much because it’s mixed with both used and pre-used blood supplying tissues and therefore not full with waste or with food like you get in veins or arteries.

Good documentary.

So most of you with no lives continue on with your massive circle jerk and dog-pile on the rabbit. I’ve dealt with bullies who hide behind anonymity my whole life.

I’m glad that something actually gives your life a bit of fulfillment as pathetic as it sounds.

I’ll continue to just read on and comment when I feel it appropriate.

Wine berserkers is a fine site. They at least make you give you real name for transparency purposes as it tends to get a little rough in some sections. But those sections carry warnings.

I do have a big set. I’ve earned them too.
What’s your excuse. Youth, misery, unfriendly personalities.

Most of you are quite a collective. You all probably drive below the speed limits, never jaywalk, or at least claim to, when it suits you, with you collective fan base.

If you don’t like microbrand watches, why don’t you see if the sites owners will remove the sub-forum?

Give it up, you are a liar...nothing more needs to be said. :banplz:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:41 pm

I love how this guy is still here.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:56 pm

Champagne Douche obviously joined here not knowing our collective position on the counterfeit/replica community.

When revealed, C.D. initially claimed his interest in the “rep” forums was for the purpose of obtaining watchmaking information.

It has subsequently been shown that he also owns and participates in that community. His own posts show a knowledge of different replica brands, clearly not something a casual observer would know.

When his affiliation with said community was revealed, C.D. attempted to justify or deflect by providing his resume and other forum participation.

Bottom line is that he’s a liar. Regardless of his vineyard or his military history, anyone who supports counterfeit goods is also ethically challenged. That should be all we need to know when considering whether or not he be accepted into our forum community.