Hamtum new release March 1st 2019

Discussion of microbrand watches
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Hamtum new release March 1st 2019

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:35 am

https://microsite.hamtun.co/?fbclid=IwA ... cLZS__cYj0
Case: 41mm diameter, 47.8mm lug-to-lug. Made from our game-changing new scratch-resistant titanium

Bracelet: 22mm, tapering to 20mm at the clasp. Made from the same scratch-resistant titanium as the case

Movement: Choice between a Seiko NH35 or a Sellita SW200 elaboré automatic movement

Lume: BGW9 Super-LumiNova

Crystal: Sapphire with internal anti-reflective coating

Price: Starting at £199/~$250 with the Seiko movement. Add £100/~$130 to upgrade to Sellita SW200

Availability: Launches early March, exact time and date will be confirmed soon

I asked about the scratch resistance statement. The watch is using a clear coating like pvd to limit some of the wear marks from happening as easily.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ruggs
Name: Andrew

Re: Hamtum new release March 1st 2019

Post by Ruggs » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:09 am

I like that they did black hands and indices on the white.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 am

Interesting, been looking for a white-dialed diver, like the look of this one!

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:19 am

I've been looking for a white dial diver for awhile, and for $250 plus Titanium this is worth a try. Could have done without that turquoise tipped second hand though

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:41 pm

I think he might do a blue version also. I might have to pick one up. It looks like a homage to an older citizen diver imo.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:38 pm

Um, release the Kraken! Sorry, someone had to say it.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

Honeybadger

Post by Honeybadger » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:10 am

Really like the white dialed version. Be interested to see the blue version too. Is that a ceramic bezel insert? Looked through the specs on the website and don’t see that addressed anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:21 am

Hey cool Terry, haven't seen these beauties before ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..They have a
really eye-catching look, and seem to almost have an SKXness to them ! :excited:

Not to mention overall classic dive spirit, and cool movements to back up
the outstanding style. ..Can't believe the price for it being titanium either !
Pretty amazing sir ! THX a lot for the news about them !!!

Champagne InHand

Post by Champagne InHand » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:09 pm

I like it. Minus that blue dot on the seconds hand, but I can swap out hands anytime I feel like it. I’m curious about the bezel insert. A lume shot would be good too. I did sign up on the link.

It’s a good price. But I just bought a Glycine DLC Combat Sub. The Costco price was a no brainer even with the Sellita at $279.99.

Still I don’t have a Ti diver because of how easily Ti rubs and gets marred or scratches. I’ve owned a few in the past.

This watch has a lot of potential if you like to mod, which I do. Now which movement? It’s hard to say no to the basic Seiko made time keeper as parts like hands are so inexpensive. I think I would change out only the seconds hand as the hour and minute are quite acceptable.

Besides the Bulova shape it has some older Seikoness to the hour indices.

Champagne InHand

Post by Champagne InHand » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:51 am

Honeybadger wrote:Really like the white dialed version. Be interested to see the blue version too. Is that a ceramic bezel insert? Looked through the specs on the website and don’t see that addressed anywhere.

I checked the specs out and the H2 has a ceramic bezel on ball bearings for easy/professional movement as well as lumed markers.

It sounds great. I’ll be curious to see their next watch which is supposed to be a full spec dive watch with some angles and brushed, matte and polished finished with a heavy stamped back. It will be their most expensive watch to date, but priced a bit under other micro brands that have watches with similar specs. The base movement will be the Elaborated Sellita with Top as an option.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:33 am

Nice, comprehensive review here. This one is moving to the top of my list for an affordable summer watch!

https://www.watchitallabout.com/hamtun- ... ch-review/

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:03 pm

I really like this watch a lot. I can see myself getting on. My only issue is the clasp they are talking about using. If this is one of those long/sliding adjustment clasp they suck. They take up way to much wrist real estate imo. A regular fold over clasp would be perfect.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:05 pm

djh1201 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:33 am
Nice, comprehensive review here. This one is moving to the top of my list for an affordable summer watch!

https://www.watchitallabout.com/hamtun- ... ch-review/

Champagne InHand

Post by Champagne InHand » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 am

toxicavenger wrote:I really like this watch a lot. I can see myself getting on. My only issue is the clasp they are talking about using. If this is one of those long/sliding adjustment clasp they suck. They take up way to much wrist real estate imo. A regular fold over clasp would be perfect.

I agree 1000%. I bought a strapcode Miltat 3D oyster for my Turtle. It dresses up the watch too much, which if I had the black/gold would be a bad thing but I hate the divers extension and how bulky it makes the clasp. 4 buttons, and with it extended it’s not enjoyable to wear.

I’m selling it or I’ll buy a Turtle specifically for wet suits, which I rarely use these days.

If they go to this, it may effect whether I order or not. Just because I have too many damned watches overall. I’ve enjoyed Ti but don’t have one currently. The coating will be the big plus.

But I’m not paying £100 extra if I get to the Kickstarter form and am not in the top 100. Steel isn’t too heavy for me. I like PVC/DLC. I really wanted an Akrone-K02 but didn’t make the time. I just wasn’t aware of it. I didn’t mind paying more for an ETA-2892-2.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Champagne InHand wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 am
toxicavenger wrote:I really like this watch a lot. I can see myself getting on. My only issue is the clasp they are talking about using. If this is one of those long/sliding adjustment clasp they suck. They take up way to much wrist real estate imo. A regular fold over clasp would be perfect.

I agree 1000%. I bought a strapcode Miltat 3D oyster for my Turtle. It dresses up the watch too much, which if I had the black/gold would be a bad thing but I hate the divers extension and how bulky it makes the clasp. 4 buttons, and with it extended it’s not enjoyable to wear.

I’m selling it or I’ll buy a Turtle specifically for wet suits, which I rarely use these days.

If they go to this, it may effect whether I order or not. Just because I have too many damned watches overall. I’ve enjoyed Ti but don’t have one currently. The coating will be the big plus.

But I’m not paying £100 extra if I get to the Kickstarter form and am not in the top 100. Steel isn’t too heavy for me. I like PVC/DLC. I really wanted an Akrone-K02 but didn’t make the time. I just wasn’t aware of it. I didn’t mind paying more for an ETA-2892-2.

I handle some NTH watches with this clasp. They are fucking huge and uncomfortable.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Champagne InHand wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:31 am
I found out that they have a ton of the basic clasp. So they might offer them with the watch. The bigger clasp is a stretch goal, so if they do not meet it then the stamped clasp will be on the watch. Either way if you buy the watch you can ask them about the regular clasp also.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:39 pm