toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Pelton Nickel Silver

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:35 am

This guy is doing some great work imo. :cheers:
https://www.peltonusa.com/product-page/ ... _source=so
Sector Nickel Silver
This is a pre order. The watches will ship by the end of January.
Price$1,749.00

Description
We are pleased to introduce the Sector Nickel Silver Limited Edition Watch. This special edition of our Sector model features an in-house handcrafted dial. The dial is made from Nickel Silver, also known as German Silver - an alloy consisting of Copper, Nickel, and Zinc. This is our first in-house dial and marks a step toward bringing in-house dial manufacturing to all future models. The dial is manufactured using an extensive process that involves CNC machining, bead blasting, heat treatment, laser etching, and a hand applied brushed finish. The process takes around 6 hours per dial. “Rather than making a typical galvanized and pad printed dial, I wanted to make something truly unique. This dial really ties together all the various processes that we can employ in our shop.”-Deni Mesanovic. This release is limited to a total of 20 pieces.

Like all of our watches, this model is entirely made by company founder Deni Mesanovic. All of the cases and dials are machined and finished by Deni. He also assembles the watches and regulates the movements. The watch features an in-house thermally colored second hand that gives it a golden amber like appearance. The case is fully brushed and features our signature decagonal screw down crown in a bead blasted finish. It also features 100 meters of water resistance like all of our watches. Inside is a top grade ETA 2824-2 movement that can be seen through the exhibition case back. The stock ETA movement is modified in-house to a time only display. There are only 2 positions (winding, time adjust) rather than the normal 3 positions found in a normal 2824-2. The movement is also regulated in six positions to a chronometer accuracy of +/- 4 sec/day. The watch comes with our signature hidden style deployment clasp and a choice of hand made leather straps in various colors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Re: Pelton Nickel Silver

Post by ericf4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:38 am

cool idea but not for my tastes. Reminds me of those watches with a Silver dollar etc as a dial....
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:47 am

I agree, the look is interesting. I'm just surprised some watch maker would engrave "Made in the USA" on the case back given all the previous uproar on this topic.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:00 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:47 am
I agree, the look is interesting. I'm just surprised some watch maker would engrave "Made in the USA" on the case back given all the previous uproar on this topic.
He is quite aware https://www.mesanovicmicrophones.com/about-us

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:04 am

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:38 am
cool idea but not for my tastes. Reminds me of those watches with a Silver dollar etc as a dial....
Really? This dial is actually cut from silver and machined by him. I don't see how that would remotely resemble a silver dollar that just has a hole drilled in the middle? Is the same as any dial that is machined. :shrug:

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 am

Ryeguy wrote:I agree, the look is interesting. I'm just surprised some watch maker would engrave "Made in the USA" on the case back given all the previous uproar on this topic.
Why?
He makes his own cases in Detroit. What’s the issue ?
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:04 am
ericf4 wrote:
Really? This dial is actually cut from silver and machined by him. I don't see how that would remotely resemble a silver dollar that just has a hole drilled in the middle? Is the same as any dial that is machined. :shrug:
lol not sure....how about i just dont like it, is that suitable? :) its just sort of the relief of the dial IMO that im not digging.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:12 am

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:11 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:04 am
ericf4 wrote:
lol not sure....how about i just dont like it, is that suitable? :)
totally better. i just didn't see the correlation. :mrgreen:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:09 am
Ryeguy wrote:I agree, the look is interesting. I'm just surprised some watch maker would engrave "Made in the USA" on the case back given all the previous uproar on this topic.
Why?
in-house manufactured cases, bezels, screws, crowns, and bracelets

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 am
Jeep99dad wrote:
Why?
Not me - but some people get hung up on the legal definition on what "Made in the USA" means. Per the FTC, no meaningful part of the product can be made offshore. Our legal standard for the term is much more strict than the "Swiss Made" definition. Details can be found here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busines ... in%20U.S.A.

The fact Pelton uses an in-house modified ETA 2824-2 movement clearly puts him in violation of the "Made in the USA" standard. If someone wanted to bust their chops, they could. Legally, they should state "Made in the USA from US and Swiss Parts".

All this said, I firmly believe this Pelton is a hell of a lot more "Made in the USA" than the Hamilton I'm wearing is actually "Swiss Made", but that's the rule. I'll not bust Pelton's chops about it. I'm actually happy to see watch making return to the USA as much as possible!

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:13 am

BTW- what is with the trend toward quick release spring bars in straps? I think this is the third or forth micro released with these type of bars.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 am

Ryeguy wrote:BTW- what is with the trend toward quick release spring bars in straps? I think this is the third or forth micro released with these type of bars.
I think the thought is to try and appeal to non watch nerds like us and a lot of regular folk don’t want to or know how to remove a strap. At least that’s what I’ve heard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:53 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 am
Ryeguy wrote:BTW- what is with the trend toward quick release spring bars in straps? I think this is the third or forth micro released with these type of bars.
I think the thought is to try and appeal to non watch nerds like us and a lot of regular folk don’t want to or know how to remove a strap. At least that’s what I’ve heard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exactly right the non-watch guys see this as a positive. it is definitely not a positive at all.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:54 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 am
Jeep99dad wrote:
Why?
Not me - but some people get hung up on the legal definition on what "Made in the USA" means. Per the FTC, no meaningful part of the product can be made offshore. Our legal standard for the term is much more strict than the "Swiss Made" definition. Details can be found here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busines ... in%20U.S.A.

The fact Pelton uses an in-house modified ETA 2824-2 movement clearly puts him in violation of the "Made in the USA" standard. If someone wanted to bust their chops, they could. Legally, they should state "Made in the USA from US and Swiss Parts".

All this said, I firmly believe this Pelton is a hell of a lot more "Made in the USA" than the Hamilton I'm wearing is actually "Swiss Made", but that's the rule. I'll not bust Pelton's chops about it. I'm actually happy to see watch making return to the USA as much as possible!
I mentioned that to Pelton back when they first started. He said it wasn't a big deal and he was compliant. So I left it be.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:41 pm

I think it looks pretty cool, multi level CNC and all. No worries about quick release spring bars. Just pull them out and use what you prefer.
The Hapa