Re: 40mm Caribbean homage by Timefactors

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:40 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:27 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:46 am
Ryeguy wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:51 am
As for Eddie's reputation, at least he doesn't have a Helson situation on his record. For those not following on WUS, Helson released an Omega PloProf 600 homage that apparently leaks like a sieve. They are being recalled for repair, but I'm not certain how well Helson's brand reputation will survive.

From what I've read (and my very limited personal experience) Eddie at least releases a well made product. Also, just to give Eddie his due, if I had to deal with some of the buyer horror stories we've all read about, I might become a bit of a dickwad too. He might've been a very pleasant person 10 years ago!
Chris, I haven't heard of the Helson debacle. No one has posted it here yet. At least they are recalling them.

Some don't recall but when TF released the first Everest the crystals were falling out of the watches. Yes literally falling out of the watches. Eddie basically told everyone they were idiots over it and he deleted people's post on his forum asking for warranty work. The micro world wasn't under the microscope as it is now, so it seems micrbrands get away with less. Eddie is still doing dumb shit, here is a recent one https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/commen ... s_into_my/

Like I mention previously Eddie makes good watches, but is a dick wad. You can slice it anyway you want.
Wow. Just read that reddit article. I'm sure there are two sides to the story, but Eddie does not come off well in that situation.
This is a common occurrence with him and it has been going on for a long time.

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:52 pm

In what world is it appropriate to publish a customer's email address?

redhed18
Name: redhed18

Post by redhed18 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:40 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Eddie is still doing dumb shit, here is a recent one...
Oh yes “recent” as in two or more years ago... I clicked the link and ... Oh God it’s the Smiths Radio O-ring guy chestnut again!

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 pm

redhed18 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:40 pm
Oh yes “recent” as in two or more years ago... I clicked the link and ... Oh God it’s the Smiths Radio O-ring guy chestnut again!
WTF are you talking about? I am saying this is a constant tread. Not a one time thing.

If you have some info then please share.

redhed18
Name: redhed18

Post by redhed18 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:29 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
redhed18 wrote:
WTF are you talking about? I am saying this is a constant trend. Not a one time thing. (...)
Fail to see why the WTF was necessary.

You simply said here’s a *recent* example ... of Eddie issues and shared a closed / archived Reddit post from 2 years ago.

I’m aware people find him a grumpy Gus... but I haven’t run into any other recent posts of specific problems / issues. The closest was one guy at the time of the COSC who deleted his TZ-UK account over...something ... but I never saw the story.
Regards

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:39 pm

redhed18 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:29 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
redhed18 wrote:
WTF are you talking about? I am saying this is a constant trend. Not a one time thing. (...)
Fail to see why the WTF was necessary.

You simply said here’s a *recent* example ... of Eddie issues and shared a closed / archived Reddit post from 2 years ago.

I’m aware people find him a grumpy Gus... but I haven’t run into any other recent posts of specific problems / issues. The closest was one guy at the time of the COSC who deleted his TZ-UK account over...something ... but I never saw the story.
Regards
If WTF offends you then I recall it and say "WTH". :salute:

The whole point of the conversation was to say it has happened over the years repeatedly. I only posted one to reflect some of his comments. That is not to say it is the only one. There are a bunch out there. Not to mention 2 years isn't that long ago when he has been in the business as long as he has. No one is perfect by any means, but there is a line that should not be crossed. Some tend to cross it frequently.

TZ moderates and delete's anything that he doesn't agree with. Hell our buddy Heuerville (Stewart) is proof of that.

Feel free to post any info you have. :thumbsup:

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:18 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:02 pm
I prefer the look to the original, especially the hands.

40 x 14.5 is Sea-Dweller size, no?

I like that he used standard 20mm lug width too.
Yeah I was thinking that too, but the SD has a thin case profile and the caseback is much the thickness. This is much more slab sided, with a flat case back. Doubt it will wear the same.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:38 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:38 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:54 am
I couldn’t imagine being so fragile that having someone put my name and email address on a watch forum caused me to shit my pants.
I think the dude was a little sensitive. I do believe Eddie telling the guy it wasn't a warranty issue is part of the problem also.
I get that, but the guy is still a huge pussy.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:54 am

Meh.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen