Re: Oak & Oscar HUMBOLDT

Post by Joeprez » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 am

3migo wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 am
Axelay2003 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:26 pm
3migo wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:23 pm
Put my order in for the blue on bracelet...the Owners pricing offer he sent out was a lot more competitive. At the list price I'm not sure I'd be a buyer, but I'm looking forward to it.
Would you mind sharing the Owners pricing?

Thanks.
Owners price on bracelet was $1575
toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:42 pm
tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:28 am
but the finishing and details are not indicative of their prices. It just looks like a $700 watch not a $1650 watch.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have felt this way about everything I have seen from the brand. And yes this is after seeking them in person.

Monta is in the same price range and it is on a whole different level imo.
I don't disagree. Monta is at a much higher overall quality than O&O at a similar price. However, I think that Monta is severely underpricing themselves for the quality they're providing. And, since this is watches, we have to remember that marketing is extremely effective, and O&O has great marketing, whereas Monta's is real bad.

O&O has built a whole cult of personality, and spent a lot of time on branding himself and the company. I think that definitely has allowed him to price his stuff higher and still see sales.

I'll post up pics and a review of my Humboldt when it arrives and try to compare it to my Skyquest as well.
This is very interesting. I like the first two O&O watches and talked a couple of times with Chase during the Sanford release (unfortunately, no funds available at that time to pick one up for me). In pictures, O&O looks better than Monta, a little surprised to learn that its the other way around (maybe is because the Monta watches don't speak to me, plus I hate the name :lol: ).

Although I don't like the HUMBOLDT, I wish Chase the best, hope he sells them all... and hope he brings the Sanford GMT back :grin:

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:16 am

Joeprez wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 am
3migo wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 am
Axelay2003 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:26 pm
3migo wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:23 pm
Put my order in for the blue on bracelet...the Owners pricing offer he sent out was a lot more competitive. At the list price I'm not sure I'd be a buyer, but I'm looking forward to it.
Would you mind sharing the Owners pricing?

Thanks.
Owners price on bracelet was $1575
toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:42 pm
tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:28 am
but the finishing and details are not indicative of their prices. It just looks like a $700 watch not a $1650 watch.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have felt this way about everything I have seen from the brand. And yes this is after seeking them in person.

Monta is in the same price range and it is on a whole different level imo.
I don't disagree. Monta is at a much higher overall quality than O&O at a similar price. However, I think that Monta is severely underpricing themselves for the quality they're providing. And, since this is watches, we have to remember that marketing is extremely effective, and O&O has great marketing, whereas Monta's is real bad.

O&O has built a whole cult of personality, and spent a lot of time on branding himself and the company. I think that definitely has allowed him to price his stuff higher and still see sales.

I'll post up pics and a review of my Humboldt when it arrives and try to compare it to my Skyquest as well.
This is very interesting. I like the first two O&O watches and talked a couple of times with Chase during the Sanford release (unfortunately, no funds available at that time to pick one up for me). In pictures, O&O looks better than Monta, a little surprised to learn that its the other way around (maybe is because the Monta watches don't speak to me, plus I hate the name :lol: ).

Although I don't like the HUMBOLDT, I wish Chase the best, hope he sells them all... and hope he brings the Sanford GMT back :grin:
Joe the finish level of everything on the O&O can't touch the Monta. Except for maybe the movement :shrug:

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:08 am

Thanks Terry and Russell! That's why I like DWC, straight answers and no BS feedback.

Hope to be able to see a Monta in the flesh someday.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko