AtomicTom wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:51 am
sealswatches wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:49 pm
AtomicTom wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 am
dnslater wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:17 pm
Hopefully this is a prototype and the dial lume will match the hands in the final?
manitoujoe wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 pm
How do springbars work on lugs like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty awesome right guys?! :thumbsup:

Nick, think you are right. This is probably a prototype. ..Don't know though if the hand's lume
is, or are meant to be different than the dial's though. We'll have to wait, and see I guess. :)

Mark, not sure how spring bars would work with this one either. Sorry. :oops:

So glad everyone is liking this one. ..Thanks just for looking !!!
This is Michael from Seals Watch Company. Thanks fellas for the feedback and discussion about the new Model C. If you don’t mind my jumping in I’ll touch on the dial and hand lume. Yes, obviously not identical, just a situation that tends to occur in prototypes. In this case the dial maker and hands maker used a different recipe to create that color you see. Apparently we’re not on the same page. Since then I have spoke with each maker, and the solution is to utilize an existing SuperLumi-Nova that is of the same color. This way the code is identical. Prior to full production, a final prototype will be made to confirm this. Hope this helps, and am happy to chat about anything else. Oh, and if I drill the lugs you’ll end up with a pocket watch :)
Wow, welcome Michael, so great to talk with you. :thumbsup: Thank YOU for building such a nice watch ! :salute:

Really is the best hearing what it's like to actually create a watch, and get a feel for everything.
Just all of the planning, checking, and double checking, prototypes, and perfecting things is
incredible imho. ..Actually like the way this one is right now, but can imagine liking the finished
watch just as much ! :grin:

So so cool that you took the time to drop in DWC to talk with us like this. :clap:

Thanks so much ! Will be ridiculously fun seeing more of this beauty. All the best to you !
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, It would be a privilege to share more about how the watch came to fruition and the path to get here today. I’m about to board a flight home but I’ll put something together and share here if it’s alright with you?
You got it Michael. Can't wait ! :) Hope you have a great trip.
Took a bit longer to make it back around but between then and now I took on a couple more projects which turned out to be nearly more than manageable. The launch of another collection, a sport watch and participation in Worn and Wounds Windup event in May.

However during that time I managed to compile a fair amount of photos, those are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rdwrbxgzoxmj ... 3C87a?dl=0

Is there anyone in the San Francisco area or that will be attending Windup next month?

-Michael

Oh wow Michael, sounds like you have been really busy there ! ..Very cool !!! :headbang:

Glad you had a safe trip, and were able to take a few more pictures of these
beauties. Honestly swear they look nicer, and nicer every time seeing them ! :o
The combination of the crazy cool cases, and dials feels 100% new, but then
timeless to tell the truth. Really is terrific ! :)

P.S. That Windup sounds like it will really be terrific too !

Thanks very much for the update here !
Hey Tom, yeah, it’s been a wild couple of months. Exciting but exhausting, thankful it’s what I enjoy most.

The watch is a blast to shoot, tons of small details combined with the case design ensure plenty to capture.

I think Windup will be a good opportunity to meet a lot of like minded folks and enjoy a few days to talk shop, have a couple beers then head home!

You got it!

sealswatches
Name: Michael

Re: Seals Watch Co.'s Model C Field Explorer

Post by sealswatches » Tue May 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:Good to see you here Mike.
I like that new diver you’ve been posting ImageImage
Happy to be here, thanks, working on a few minor dial tweaks and completing the 3rd iteration then it will be completely, 100% done

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Wed May 02, 2018 10:55 am

sealswatches wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 12:55 pm
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:44 pm
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 pm
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
dnslater wrote:
Hopefully this is a prototype and the dial lume will match the hands in the final?
manitoujoe wrote:

Nick, think you are right. This is probably a prototype. ..Don't know though if the hand's lume
is, or are meant to be different than the dial's though. We'll have to wait, and see I guess. :)

This is Michael from Seals Watch Company. Thanks fellas for the feedback and discussion about the new Model C. If you don’t mind my jumping in I’ll touch on the dial and hand lume. Yes, obviously not identical, just a situation that tends to occur in prototypes. In this case the dial maker and hands maker used a different recipe to create that color you see. Apparently we’re not on the same page. Since then I have spoke with each maker, and the solution is to utilize an existing SuperLumi-Nova that is of the same color. This way the code is identical. Prior to full production, a final prototype will be made to confirm this. Hope this helps, and am happy to chat about anything else. Oh, and if I drill the lugs you’ll end up with a pocket watch :)
Wow, welcome Michael, so great to talk with you. :thumbsup: Thank YOU for building such a nice watch ! :salute:

Really is the best hearing what it's like to actually create a watch, and get a feel for everything.
Just all of the planning, checking, and double checking, prototypes, and perfecting things is
incredible imho. ..Actually like the way this one is right now, but can imagine liking the finished

So so cool that you took the time to drop in DWC to talk with us like this. :clap:

Thanks so much ! Will be ridiculously fun seeing more of this beauty. All the best to you !
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, It would be a privilege to share more about how the watch came to fruition and the path to get here today. I’m about to board a flight home but I’ll put something together and share here if it’s alright with you?
Took a bit longer to make it back around but between then and now I took on a couple more projects which turned out to be nearly more than manageable. The launch of another collection, a sport watch and participation in Worn and Wounds Windup event in May.

However during that time I managed to compile a fair amount of photos, those are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rdwrbxgzoxmj ... 3C87a?dl=0

Is there anyone in the San Francisco area or that will be attending Windup next month?

-Michael

Oh wow Michael, sounds like you have been really busy there ! ..Very cool !!! :headbang:

Hey Tom, yeah, it’s been a wild couple of months. Exciting but exhausting, thankful it’s what I enjoy most.

The watch is a blast to shoot, tons of small details combined with the case design ensure plenty to capture.

I think Windup will be a good opportunity to meet a lot of like minded folks and enjoy a few days to talk shop, have a couple beers then head home!

You got it!

Sounds like it's all been worth it Michael. ..Definitely looks like it on this end ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Think you really hit a home run, or actually grand slam on all levels with the
watch, and wow, the fantastic pics really capture the feel of this beauty
perfectly ! Can imagine everyone really going crazy for this in person at
Windup, and enjoying every second there. :salute:

Going to be so cool for you, and everyone. Enjoy, and thanks again for all
of the insight, along with info !

sealswatches
Name: Michael

Post by sealswatches » Thu May 03, 2018 10:27 am

AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
dnslater wrote:
manitoujoe wrote:

-Michael

You got it!

Sounds like it's all been worth it Michael. ..Definitely looks like it on this end ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Much appreciated and I thank you for the feedback and kind words. It’s taken a ton of time to develop and there will be subtle enhancements made in production which I feel will really bring the design together.

Windup should be fun, exhausting but mostly a good time. I can’t wait!

I’ll have much more coming soon so I hope to share more in the near future!

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Fri May 04, 2018 9:54 am

sealswatches wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:27 am
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
sealswatches wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
[quote=dnslater post_id=1231095 time=1521487070 user_id=5532]
manitoujoe wrote:

-Michael

You got it!

Much appreciated and I thank you for the feedback and kind words. It’s taken a ton of time to develop and there will be subtle enhancements made in production which I feel will really bring the design together.

Windup should be fun, exhausting but mostly a good time. I can’t wait!

I’ll have much more coming soon so I hope to share more in the near future!

[/quote]

Don't mention it Michael. :) Thank YOU for creating such great watches for us to enjoy, and also
for giving us a feel for what it's all like behind the scenes !

Going to be ridiculously fun following along, and seeing how this beauty turns out. Looking forward
to your updates down the road. Hope you enjoy, and have a great time out at Windup ! :thumbsup: