Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Discussion of microbrand watches
User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8263
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:53 pm
nweash wrote:
Joeprez wrote:I think that was Strider.

But yeah, the IG comments are very funny. One guy was pissed because he took a vacation day for the preorder.
hoppyjr wrote:Yea, Strider. Thanks

Anyone got a paraphrased version of that story? Anything I ever tried to read was really long and drawn out.
Claimed he was a ranger and combat veteran. Came out that he went to jail for stealing a car or something like during the period he said he was deployed. Dates don’t add up and the admin of bladeforums really hates him for some reason, so he dug up a lot of dirt that doesn’t make him look the greatest.

I don’t particularly like it, but he has done and continues to do a lot of work with veterans, etc. and I don’t think anyone could doubt his love and support of the military and veterans. He also happens to make a very good knife.
I agree that they make a nice knife, but their customer service could use some polishing. They provide virtually no communication on repairs.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10372
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Joeprez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:51 pm

nweash wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:14 pm
Chocodove wrote:
nweash wrote:
Joeprez wrote:I think that was Strider.

But yeah, the IG comments are very funny. One guy was pissed because he took a vacation day for the preorder.
hoppyjr wrote:Yea, Strider. Thanks

Anyone got a paraphrased version of that story? Anything I ever tried to read was really long and drawn out.
Claimed he was a ranger and combat veteran. Came out that he went to jail for stealing a car or something like during the period he said he was deployed. Dates don’t add up and the admin of bladeforums really hates him for some reason, so he dug up a lot of dirt that doesn’t make him look the greatest.

I don’t particularly like it, but he has done and continues to do a lot of work with veterans, etc. and I don’t think anyone could doubt his love and support of the military and veterans. He also happens to make a very good knife.

Thanks. I guess I knew the gist of it. I sure wouldn’t mind finding a used PT.
I do like the look pf those and would like compare one to my Hinderer.
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm

I get a definite tweaker vibe from the strider crew.

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8263
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm
I get a definite tweaker vibe from the strider crew.
Same. I suspect lots of Cali green in the workplace.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm
I get a definite tweaker vibe from the strider crew.
Same. I suspect lots of Cali green in the workplace.
I'm seeing more "smoking speed out of a lightbulb".

User avatar
manitoujoe
Posts: 2960
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by manitoujoe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Hahaha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11234
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by fastward » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:23 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:28 pm
I get a definite tweaker vibe from the strider crew.
Same. I suspect lots of Cali green in the workplace.
I'm seeing more "smoking speed out of a lightbulb".

:roll:

giosdad
Posts: 4990
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: New York

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 am

10:57 already receiving an error. I feel bad for Jason
Regards
Barry

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5482
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 am

Yep, down again.
- Todd

User avatar
zepp21
Posts: 5022
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by zepp21 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:02 am

At what point can someone learn basics of running an online business? Servers shouldn't crash this easily.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk


User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5482
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:03 am

At this point it may just be better to sell them via a lottery type system.
- Todd

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 2619
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by tmw » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:05 am

Im watching this shit show. It really is a cluster fuck.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

User avatar
manitoujoe
Posts: 2960
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by manitoujoe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:08 am

He makes watches. Not servers. I feel bad for him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

User avatar
tmw
Posts: 2619
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by tmw » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:08 am

Its too bad. Jason is a good guy, and makes some good watches.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

Abmw
Posts: 414
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Abmw » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:09 am

Chocodove wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:03 am
At this point it may just be better to sell them via a lottery type system.
Yup lottery would be simpler. Since I know nothing about e-commerce, is the crash at a service provider he's using? Or does he have a server at home with the software and thats crashing?
"My balls was hot" - Derrick Lewis

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30859
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:15 am

He should just sell them here.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5482
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:17 am

Shut down again.
- Todd

User avatar
james80
Posts: 3075
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by james80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:18 am

manitoujoe wrote:He makes watches. Not servers. I feel bad for him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can’t see how you get this wrong twice. Is he using a home server? I would think any cloud based service could Up capacity as needed very quickly, I know I can with ALS.

User avatar
james80
Posts: 3075
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by james80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:19 am

Chocodove wrote:At this point it may just be better to sell them via a lottery type system.
With this kind of demand he should adopt the MKii Model. PAYPAL doesn’t crash and just deliver whenever.

giosdad
Posts: 4990
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: New York

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by giosdad » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:30 am

Too bad. I wonder when the next date will be. This weekend and the next week will be bad as I will probably not be at a computer or be able to set aside the time. I am wearing a Gen 1 now and was hoping to add another with summer colors and the ETA movement.
Regards
Barry

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 6555
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by gwells » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:35 am

sounds like some bots crashing things.
halioswatches Guys, go to sleep and back to work. It's happening again and I'm shutting it down the site again until further notice. One question, if any of you can answer it: how does ONE individual place an order for 30 watches in 3 minutes, especially when the cart is set to a max of 3 watches? I suspect it's a buy bot that is crashing the site.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by logan2z » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 am

gwells wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:35 am
sounds like some bots crashing things.
halioswatches Guys, go to sleep and back to work. It's happening again and I'm shutting it down the site again until further notice. One question, if any of you can answer it: how does ONE individual place an order for 30 watches in 3 minutes, especially when the cart is set to a max of 3 watches? I suspect it's a buy bot that is crashing the site.
He's asking his customers to explain why his site is crashing? Ugh, this is getting embarrassing.

Jason's a good guy, I hope he can work this out quickly.

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11234
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by fastward » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:40 am

He needs to go back to the secret list. A knock under the stall is all that was needed.

User avatar
Danny_T
The T is for Tacky
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:15 am
Name: Danny

Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Danny_T » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:20 am

Why even bother with a limited run this go around. just take all the orders first and submit the work order to the factory afterwards. That would make EVERYONE happy. It's quite obvious the MOQ's will be met. So I don't understand why make it more complicated than it should be?
Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:30 am

Post them on Ebay with BIN price equal to MSRP plus fees. This isn't a hard problem to solve.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bpax and 4 guests