Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Discussion of microbrand watches
User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by gonzomantis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:29 am

Some people (on Instagram)...
I have to buy this for the husband, otherwise the relationship breaks. Please DM me as soon as it's back up.

User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 1327
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by pbj204 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 am
Still can’t decide between blue or yellow dive bezel?
I saw them in person at Worn & Wound NYC.

The yellow is VERY yellow, and glossy. If you wouldn't buy a Doxa Orange then you wouldn't buy the Seaforth Yellow.

The Blue can be worn with anything.

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25178
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 am

pbj204 wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 am
Still can’t decide between blue or yellow dive bezel?
I saw them in person at Worn & Wound NYC.

The yellow is VERY yellow, and glossy. If you wouldn't buy a Doxa Orange then you wouldn't buy the Seaforth Yellow.

The Blue can be worn with anything.
The yellow looks awesome in photos. Not a Doxa Yellow, seems to have some orange hue to it.
Love these shots.
I do like Doxa orange but not Doxa yellow.
Image

Image

I’d do the dive bezel though.

Or Abyss shapphire blue bezel or fixed.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5372
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Chocodove » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
pbj204 wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 am
Still can’t decide between blue or yellow dive bezel?
I saw them in person at Worn & Wound NYC.

The yellow is VERY yellow, and glossy. If you wouldn't buy a Doxa Orange then you wouldn't buy the Seaforth Yellow.

The Blue can be worn with anything.
The yellow looks awesome in photos. Not a Doxa Yellow, seems to have some orange hue to it.
Love these shots.
I do like Doxa orange but not Doxa yellow.
Image

Image

I’d do the dive bezel though.

Or Abyss shapphire blue bezel or fixed.
Yellow was cool. I took this shot at Wind Up.

Pastel with five bezel is my choice.

Image
- Todd

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25178
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:42 am

Chocodove wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
pbj204 wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 am
Still can’t decide between blue or yellow dive bezel?
I saw them in person at Worn & Wound NYC.

The yellow is VERY yellow, and glossy. If you wouldn't buy a Doxa Orange then you wouldn't buy the Seaforth Yellow.

The Blue can be worn with anything.
The yellow looks awesome in photos. Not a Doxa Yellow, seems to have some orange hue to it.
Love these shots.
I do like Doxa orange but not Doxa yellow.
Image

Image

I’d do the dive bezel though.

Or Abyss shapphire blue bezel or fixed.
Yellow was cool. I took this shot at Wind Up.

Pastel with five bezel is my choice.

Image
It’s a bit more true Yellow in your shot it seems.
Not sure it goes well with the sapphire bezel tho. I prefer it with dive or fixed bezel.

Maybe I’ll try ordering both yellow and blue, then déicide which to keep since I can’t really afford both
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 1327
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by pbj204 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 am

Pre-order cancelled until tomorrow

User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 2540
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by gonzomantis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:49 am

I'll be on a plane. Oh well...

User avatar
zepp21
Posts: 5009
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by zepp21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:54 am

So many butthurt nerds. Gotta love the comments.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk


User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5372
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Chocodove » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 am

Guess i will give it another try tomorrow.
- Todd

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9748
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by logan2z » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:56 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 am
Jason really needs to rethink his ordering process
Seems like he needs to upgrade his web site's infrastructure. I get that his watches are popular but, in reality, how many people are accessing his site trying to pre-order? A few thousand at most? Any reasonable web server should be able to handle a load like that.

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 6453
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by gwells » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 am

Image

I feel bad for Jason and whoever wasn’t able to get in and can’t try tomorrow. Hopefully he had convos with his host before today about the expected heavy traffic. And they’ve figured something out for tomorrow. This is a growing pain he has not handled as well.

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25178
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:20 am

logan2z wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 am
Jason really needs to rethink his ordering process
Seems like he needs to upgrade his web site's infrastructure. I get that his watches are popular but, in reality, how many people are accessing his site trying to pre-order? A few thousand at most? Any reasonable web server should be able to handle a load like that.
I agree. It’s non-sense imo that as a business, they can’t handle that. But it’s not a big deal to me in the end. I wish him the best
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30726
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 am

This used to happen with Hinderer all the time.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15007
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:07 am
This used to happen with Hinderer all the time.
It's true. Then they expanded production, produced a bunch of ugly shit, and the problem went away.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30688
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:29 am

Wasn’t Hinderer the stolen valor guy?

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10261
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Joeprez » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am

I think that was Strider.

But yeah, the IG comments are very funny. One guy was pissed because he took a vacation day for the preorder.
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30688
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:34 am

Yea, Strider. Thanks

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by BacoNoir » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:01 am

From the pre-order webpage...

"DUE TO A SERVER CRASH, THE PRE-ORDER HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR 8 AM PACiFIC ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 19TH. SINCERE APOLOGIES TO ALL WHO TOOK TIME OUT OF THEIR SCHEDULE TODAY BUT WERE UNABLE TO PLACE AN ORDER! "
Image

Abmw
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Abmw » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:06 am

Yes...I totally forgot about the preorder this morning. Now I got a second chance at it. Has anyone ordered from Helios pre-order before? I want to get two but i wonder how the cart system is gonna work. If you can add one should you check out right away or add two then checkout?
"My balls was hot" - Derrick Lewis

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8225
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am
I think that was Strider.

But yeah, the IG comments are very funny. One guy was pissed because he took a vacation day for the preorder.
What an idiot. No $800 watch is worth a day of leave.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 4721
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by jtbenson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 pm

probably took a day off from surfing the web in a coffee shop :raised:
Image

User avatar
streetracer101
Posts: 8225
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 pm
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:42 pm

jtbenson wrote:probably took a day off from surfing the web in a coffee shop :raised:
On the Mac his dad bought for him :-)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2858
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by nweash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Joeprez wrote:I think that was Strider.

But yeah, the IG comments are very funny. One guy was pissed because he took a vacation day for the preorder.
hoppyjr wrote:Yea, Strider. Thanks

Anyone got a paraphrased version of that story? Anything I ever tried to read was really long and drawn out.
Image

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5372
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by Chocodove » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:53 pm

nweash wrote:
Joeprez wrote:I think that was Strider.

But yeah, the IG comments are very funny. One guy was pissed because he took a vacation day for the preorder.
hoppyjr wrote:Yea, Strider. Thanks

Anyone got a paraphrased version of that story? Anything I ever tried to read was really long and drawn out.
Claimed he was a ranger and combat veteran. Came out that he went to jail for stealing a car or something like during the period he said he was deployed. Dates don’t add up and the admin of bladeforums really hates him for some reason, so he dug up a lot of dirt that doesn’t make him look the greatest.

I don’t particularly like it, but he has done and continues to do a lot of work with veterans, etc. and I don’t think anyone could doubt his love and support of the military and veterans. He also happens to make a very good knife.
- Todd

User avatar
nweash
Posts: 2858
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Alta Loma, CA

Re: Seaforth preorders tomorrow 1/18

Post by nweash » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:14 pm

Chocodove wrote:
nweash wrote:
Joeprez wrote:I think that was Strider.

But yeah, the IG comments are very funny. One guy was pissed because he took a vacation day for the preorder.
hoppyjr wrote:Yea, Strider. Thanks

Anyone got a paraphrased version of that story? Anything I ever tried to read was really long and drawn out.
Claimed he was a ranger and combat veteran. Came out that he went to jail for stealing a car or something like during the period he said he was deployed. Dates don’t add up and the admin of bladeforums really hates him for some reason, so he dug up a lot of dirt that doesn’t make him look the greatest.

I don’t particularly like it, but he has done and continues to do a lot of work with veterans, etc. and I don’t think anyone could doubt his love and support of the military and veterans. He also happens to make a very good knife.

Thanks. I guess I knew the gist of it. I sure wouldn’t mind finding a used PT.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ryeguy and 1 guest