Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Discussion of microbrand watches
User avatar
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm
Name: Don

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:58 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
DEMO wrote:• No bronze please. I've never been a bronze guy and never understood patina on a watch. What happens when that patina starts creeping under the gaskets? I've never liked the look of patina on the case / bezel either. Keep bronze for boat hardware, not watches. And I especially don't like the idea of a bronze bezel with a SS case. I have never liked the look of mixed metals on a watch. Especially a rugged "tool" watch that I believe Todd is trying to target with this one.
See above. He back-burnered the project
Pretty sure he Back-burnered the Capeland project Danny was asking about, not this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25451
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:02 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
DEMO wrote:• No bronze please. I've never been a bronze guy and never understood patina on a watch. What happens when that patina starts creeping under the gaskets? I've never liked the look of patina on the case / bezel either. Keep bronze for boat hardware, not watches. And I especially don't like the idea of a bronze bezel with a SS case. I have never liked the look of mixed metals on a watch. Especially a rugged "tool" watch that I believe Todd is trying to target with this one.
See above. He back-burnered the project
Pretty sure he Back-burnered the Capeland project Danny was asking about, not this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my bad. I’m getting old. Image
Never mind me ...ImageImage
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
DEMO
Posts: 4337
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: The Blue Planet

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by DEMO » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:53 am

Yeah, I thought Todd was saying he back-burnered the B+M capeland xxl project. Not this Antarctic.
Image

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25451
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 am

DEMO wrote:Yeah, I thought Todd was saying he back-burnered the B+M capeland xxl project. Not this Antarctic.
I am an idiot
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm
Name: Don

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
DEMO wrote:Yeah, I thought Todd was saying he back-burnered the B+M capeland xxl project. Not this Antarctic.
I am an idiot
We know! But we still love you Frenchie!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25451
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
DEMO wrote:Yeah, I thought Todd was saying he back-burnered the B+M capeland xxl project. Not this Antarctic.
I am an idiot
We know! But we still love you Frenchie!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Shorty ImageImage
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
watches503
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:45 am
Name: Luis

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by watches503 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:21 pm

Would love to see it with a blue on dial like the Orcas have.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 13742
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by andrema » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm

I can't wait to buy one of these preowned. It'll be a good Friday watch.
Image

KLR_Redux
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:21 am
Name: Karl

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by KLR_Redux » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:56 pm

My preference is always for an auto.

alis_aquilae
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:08 am
Name: linus88

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by alis_aquilae » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:41 am

Image

I'm going to go ahead and put my plug in for this shade of ice-Aqua-blue not necessarily sunburst though

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30955
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:56 am

alis_aquilae wrote:Image

I'm going to go ahead and put my plug in for this shade of ice-Aqua-blue not necessarily sunburst though
That’s not a very accurate color in that photo.

Image
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

alis_aquilae
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:08 am
Name: linus88

Re: Karlskrona Antarctic - First Renderings

Post by alis_aquilae » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:04 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
alis_aquilae wrote:Image

I'm going to go ahead and put my plug in for this shade of ice-Aqua-blue not necessarily sunburst though
That’s not a very accurate color in that photo.

Image
I'll take that one too! Thanks for the insight!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests