BoldR Odyssey

Discussion of microbrand watches
DEMO

BoldR Odyssey

Post by DEMO » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:36 am

I thought some of you guys might like to see this one.

Travis at BoldR sent me the Blue Stainless version of the prototype to take a closer look at.

It is a very interesting watch with a lot of well executed details. Seeing the watch in person is much more impressive than the current photos I have seen on the web. The angular "architecture" of the case and the chunky machined scalloped cutouts on the bezel are very eye catching in person. And even though this is a prototype, the domed crystal is gorgeous. It is very optically clear and has a beautiful subtle blue interior AR coating. This watch looks really good from all angles of viewing. The dial on this one is the dark blue version which is a perfect blue color IMO for a dive watch. I would have really liked to have seen a classic black dial offered in the product lineup though. I also would have liked to have seen a version with a bezel insert with traditional number markers. I have a 7 1/4" wrist and the watch sits very stable and wears very comfortably due to the flat caseback. BTW, the caseback will be changing for the production version, it will be a threaded screw-in caseback and not the individual screws as shown on this prototype.

Here are several pics to help you guys get a better view of this good looking diver.

-Cheers.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Re: BoldR Odyssey

Post by ericf4 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 am

great pics as usual. I don't know anything about this brand but seems like a nice knock around watch. Not a fan of the DSSD rip off chapter ring though...seems contrived when other brands do that.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:21 am

I like it but the thread title made me think:

DEMO

Post by DEMO » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:22 am

I agree, they could have ditched the wording on the chapter ring. Not necessary and detracts from the overall design.

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 am

Well, I like the van. Might convince mrs gamecock to get another if it looks like that. After a couple of weeks of vacation, even with my xt-5, you can't beat a mini for all our shit

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:33 am

DEMO wrote:I agree, they could have ditched the wording on the chapter ring. Not necessary and detracts from the overall design.
I told them that months ago when they were introducing it but I got backlash from them and others. It would be much better without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:25 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:33 am
DEMO wrote:I agree, they could have ditched the wording on the chapter ring. Not necessary and detracts from the overall design.
I told them that months ago when they were introducing it but I got backlash from them and others. It would be much better without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you should have sent them a pic of all your rings! :mrgreen: