Vertex Watches M100

Discussion of microbrand watches
hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Vertex Watches M100

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:14 pm

streetracer101 wrote:It is attractive, but I am still not convinced it'll work at the current price point. The casework is pretty basic, albeit well done based on the pics. I won't be surprised to see a Monta style price reduction along with a public offering in a couple months. Personally, a Monta Triumph seems like a way better value proposition from a financial and aesthetic point.
They have apparently sold out of the allocated watches for the USA.

Don did tell me there would be upcoming models that would be available for purchase, without the limited/referral thing. The M100 was done this way and made “special” as it’s the first watch and a tribute of sorts to the original.

I think the M100 is a great looking piece and I’d gladly own one. Let’s hope the future models are designed as well.

Cue RiverRat reply saying that vintage is better.
Last edited by hoppyjr on Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoppyjr
HJ

Re: Vertex Watches M100

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:25 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:14 pm
streetracer101 wrote:It is attractive, but I am still not convinced it'll work at the current price point. The casework is pretty basic, albeit well done based on the pics. I won't be surprised to see a Monta style price reduction along with a public offering in a couple months. Personally, a Monta Triumph seems like a way better value proposition from a financial and aesthetic point.
They have apparently sold out of the allocated watches for the USA.

Don did tell me there would be upcoming models that would be available for purchase, without the limited/referral thing. The M100 was done this way and made “special” as it’s the first watch and a tribute of sorts to the original.

I think the M100 is a great looking piece and I’d gladly own one. Let’s hope the future models are designed as well.

Cue RiverRat reply saying that vintage is better.
I hope they proved me wrong, but who knows what selling out the US allocation means. They might have only allocated 5 watches for us yanks.
You should buy one. I'd love to watch the flip go down a couple weeks later.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 pm

Some additional photos. It just looks better to me each time I see it. I hope to have one soon.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:57 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:52 pm
The casework is pretty basic, albeit well done based on the pics.
This is the impression when I saw the Oak and Oscar offerings in person. It was a $400 watch case for me. :scratch: