Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Discussion of microbrand watches
Post Reply
User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 7758
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/the-new-no ... ust-6-8mm/

The watch is built around a Swiss Ronda 1062 Slimtec Quartz module, which has been chosen to provide excellent reliability in the most crucial situations. Additionally, the use of a quartz movement makes the Trident a grab-and-go option for any collection.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Hapa

User avatar
stonehead887
Posts: 1139
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am
Name: Jeremy
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Contact:

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by stonehead887 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:37 am

This is a really interesting looking watch. Love the ratchet mechanism for dive bezel. This is genuinely something different and cool looking

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 4936
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by Seppia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 am

Case size: 46mm
I would have guessed people who appreciate thinness would also have appreciated a non-gigantic watch.

Great stuff though, something refreshing.

I would buy it on principle if not for the huge diameter.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5922
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by Torrid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 am

I love the bezel mechanism.

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5679
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by dnslater » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Seppia wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 am
Case size: 46mm
I would have guessed people who appreciate thinness would also have appreciated a non-gigantic watch.

Great stuff though, something refreshing.

I would buy it on principle if not for the huge diameter.
I have mixed feelings about the design, but it may still wear ok as the Lug to Lug appears to also be 46mm. Essentially it is the same diameter as a quartz Tuna, and less than half the thickness. I have more of a problem with the thickness of large watches than the diameter.

This is the watch in silver. I'm guessing they had to get rid of the second hand to keep it thin.
Image

User avatar
andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Posts: 13834
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:04 pm
Name: William Drayton, Jr.
Location: Gone

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by andrema » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:02 pm

Sand will never get in that bezel, like never ever.
Image

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 6981
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by gwells » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:11 pm

dnslater wrote: This is the watch in silver. I'm guessing they had to get rid of the second hand to keep it thin.
Image
Ugh. These look so “fashion watch” to me.

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5679
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by dnslater » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:36 pm

gwells wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:11 pm
dnslater wrote: This is the watch in silver. I'm guessing they had to get rid of the second hand to keep it thin.
Image
Ugh. These look so “fashion watch” to me.
What, lack of any lume on dial, lack of second hand, and only text being "Swiss Made' in large letters doesn't scream tool watch to you?

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15901
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Sometimes I think all good watch ideas are already taken, and everyone doing something different is forced to suck.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 43753
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:40 pm

andrema wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:02 pm
Sand will never get in that bezel, like never ever.
With it exposed you can clean it with a leaf blower :mrgreen:

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11188
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by Joeprez » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:46 pm

dnslater wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:36 pm
gwells wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:11 pm
dnslater wrote: This is the watch in silver. I'm guessing they had to get rid of the second hand to keep it thin.
Image
Ugh. These look so “fashion watch” to me.
What, lack of any lume on dial, lack of second hand, and only text being "Swiss Made' in large letters doesn't scream tool watch to you?
:lol:
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11188
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by Joeprez » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm
Sometimes I think all good watch ideas are already taken, and everyone doing something different is forced to suck.
I've thought about that a lot and I think it could be true in the sport watches (specially dive watches) category. A Sub, PO, BP, Seiko SKX, MM200 and MM300 all look kind of the same to me :shrug: :gayumbrella:

Although I like wearing some watches on natos, I do like integrated bracelets a lot and I think watch designer should look into that for new designs. This one has been on my radar lately:

Image

And before someone mentions it.... yes the bracelet should have a divers extension or better yet a ratcheting clasp.
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15901
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm
Sometimes I think all good watch ideas are already taken, and everyone doing something different is forced to suck.
I've thought about that a lot and I think it could be true in the sport watches (specially dive watches) category. A Sub, PO, BP, Seiko SKX, MM200 and MM300 all look kind of the same to me :shrug: :gayumbrella:
The IWC 3536 and the internal bezel version that followed both looked like nothing that came before and managed to be attractive. I think these micro designs just suck.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11188
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by Joeprez » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:27 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:10 pm
Joeprez wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm
Sometimes I think all good watch ideas are already taken, and everyone doing something different is forced to suck.
I've thought about that a lot and I think it could be true in the sport watches (specially dive watches) category. A Sub, PO, BP, Seiko SKX, MM200 and MM300 all look kind of the same to me :shrug: :gayumbrella:
The IWC 3536 and the internal bezel version that followed both looked like nothing that came before and managed to be attractive. I think these micro designs just suck.
Oh definitely agree on both, the IWC 3536 is a great looking watch and its different than a Sub or a PO. The problem is that a lot of micros are adding crazy designs just to be different, while other are doing more of the same.
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by unsub073 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:08 am

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:55 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:38 pm
Sometimes I think all good watch ideas are already taken, and everyone doing something different is forced to suck.
I've thought about that a lot and I think it could be true in the sport watches (specially dive watches) category. A Sub, PO, BP, Seiko SKX, MM200 and MM300 all look kind of the same to me :shrug: :gayumbrella:

Although I like wearing some watches on natos, I do like integrated bracelets a lot and I think watch designer should look into that for new designs. This one has been on my radar lately:

Image

And before someone mentions it.... yes the bracelet should have a divers extension or better yet a ratcheting clasp.
That one has always intrigued me, but I've never pulled the trigger on it.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 9462
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Nove Trident 6.8mm dive watch

Post by AtomicTom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 am

It's cool how they have so many contrasting ideas going on with these
really. First they are thin, and sleek, but then also aggressive, and
sporty. With the bezels being like this reverse sawtooth design ! :o 8-)

Really are eye-catching Eric ! Thanks so much for the look !!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: para13cord and 3 guests