Bernhardt Field Diver

Discussion of microbrand watches
Post Reply
User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 43162
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Sometimes I like going back to basic watches. I have regressed back to SKX's and now Bernhardt's again. I call them my baseline watch. Yes they could have certain features that I would make the watch more functional. But for the price it could be my everyday watch and do the job.

This one is 39mm, 715 Ronda movt, sapphire crystal, solid links, 200m water resistance, and superluminova lume. Did I mention it cost $169. :cheers:


A few years back my mom's Seiko failed on her. It was the second one I bought her. Now she has this exact same watch in ladies version and it has been great for 3 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
hobbit712
Posts: 3105
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am
Name: Steve
Contact:

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by hobbit712 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 am

I noticed he changed his font on the dial.

Still love my Globemaster II.

Image
http://watchidiotsavants.com
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

User avatar
1954Selmer
Posts: 3127
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm
Name: arce

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by 1954Selmer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 am

I like it!

User avatar
jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Posts: 10849
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 pm
Name: Björn

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by jeckyll » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 am

Didn't you used to wear a lot of Marcello's (sp?) too Terry?

I keep going back and forth between the idea of consolidating and getting the number down to a few 'good' watches and selling off some and not having so much cash in watches... then I find that I wear pretty much everything and go "why change if you're having fun" :)
If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you believe the theologians, nothing is innocent; if you believe the military, nothing is safe.
--Lord Salisbury

User avatar
Ruggs
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:19 pm
Name: Andrew
Location: San Francisco

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by Ruggs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 am

Fred makes great watches for the money. If he'd do that white dial GMT with black hands I'd buy one and keep it forever. That case wears so well, and his bracelets also seem to punch well above their weight. His CS is outstanding as well. Lots to like, enjoy T.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 43162
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:50 am

hobbit712 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 am
I noticed he changed his font on the dial.

Still love my Globemaster II.
I have owned that model a few times also. He also changed the caseback on the newer ones also.
1954Selmer wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 am
I like it!
Thanks bro
jeckyll wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 am
Didn't you used to wear a lot of Marcello's (sp?) too Terry?

I keep going back and forth between the idea of consolidating and getting the number down to a few 'good' watches and selling off some and not having so much cash in watches... then I find that I wear pretty much everything and go "why change if you're having fun" :)
I owed a shit ton of the Marcello C's. But the US vendor closed up for them. Marcello's and Bernhardt's were my jam for a log time.
Ruggs wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 am
Fred makes great watches for the money. If he'd do that white dial GMT with black hands I'd buy one and keep it forever. That case wears so well, and his bracelets also seem to punch well above their weight. His CS is outstanding as well. Lots to like, enjoy T.
Honestly send him an email. I bet he might do that for you. Hell tell him I sent you and it might even help out a little. :shrug:

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 9196
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by AtomicTom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 am

Always thought Bernhardt was such a cool company because of their great watches
like this, or these above actually ! :clap:

But then between the affordable prices, and excellent customer service evidently.
Think they are even more impressive, and attractive now ! Thanks a lot Terry, and
everyone !!! :thumbsup: :salute:

justsellbrgs
Posts: 4360
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Name: John
Location: CLE

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by justsellbrgs » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Looks good T --- the Green and Grey dials of this model are kick ass.....

lugs are 20mm?
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 43162
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 pm

justsellbrgs wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:58 pm
Looks good T --- the Green and Grey dials of this model are kick ass.....

lugs are 20mm?
yep, i want grey dial next. maybe even with silver/gold bezel bracelet combo.

here is a pic of the casebacks now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
amckiwi
Posts: 1535
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 pm
Name: Stu

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by amckiwi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 pm

I guess there is little chance of drowning when diving in a field!

User avatar
1954Selmer
Posts: 3127
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm
Name: arce

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by 1954Selmer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:48 am

Your watch reminds me a great memory... bernhardtwinery.com

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 43162
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:35 pm

amckiwi wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:12 pm
I guess there is little chance of drowning when diving in a field!
you haven't watch survivor man have you? :mrgreen:

tyd450
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by tyd450 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Nice vid today- this is a nice one but I unfortunately can't go less than 42mm on a diver. I've really been enjoying the new Corsair model from Fred. Looking back, I never should have sold the globemaster I had but you live and learn. I do like the new logo font though!

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 43162
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Bernhardt Field Diver

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:55 pm

tyd450 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Nice vid today- this is a nice one but I unfortunately can't go less than 42mm on a diver. I've really been enjoying the new Corsair model from Fred. Looking back, I never should have sold the globemaster I had but you live and learn. I do like the new logo font though!
Yeah I have sold a few Globemasters also :crybaby: I liked the twisted lugs on them

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests