Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Currently I have a Marathon GSAR inbound and I am looking for strap recommendations for ToxicNATOs. Currently I have a Jungle Green Toxic Shiznit Black PUT in my cart, but would like to see what else is recommended.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30473
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 pm

The ones he just renamed (previously called the Admiralty and CRC) would be excellent.

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:49 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:42 pm
The ones he just renamed (previously called the Admiralty and CRC) would be excellent.
Thanks, I’ll check them out, thanks! Do you know what they were renamed to?

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30607
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:16 pm

Charcoal is awesome in person. It looks weird on the website.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:30 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:16 pm
Charcoal is awesome in person. It looks weird on the website.
Thanks! I’m sure it will look great with the black face of the watch.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10132
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by Joeprez » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:48 am

Any color will work for a GSAR / TSAR, but I enjoyed a lot wearing olive and tan natos with the TSAR I had.

Image

Image

Image
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:33 pm

Joeprez wrote:Any color will work for a GSAR / TSAR, but I enjoyed a lot wearing olive and tan natos with the TSAR I had.

Image

Image

Image
Thanks! Your TSAR does look good on the tan strap. It’s funny you mentioned olive because I have one of those sitting in my cart waiting to be ordered. What’s the blue strap in your last picture?

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10132
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by Joeprez » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Most of the straps in the second picture (including the blue one on the third) are from gnomon watches. Good straps with fun colors, but lately I've only been wearing toxic natos in grey, tan, olive and navy blue.
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:31 pm
Most of the straps in the second picture (including the blue one on the third) are from gnomon watches. Good straps with fun colors, but lately I've only been wearing toxic natos in grey, tan, olive and navy blue.
Thanks! The ToxicNATOs are the best I’ve used and I’m slowly replacing my other NATO straps with ToxicNATOs.

User avatar
manitoujoe
Posts: 2906
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by manitoujoe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Me too. Love them. Quality over quantity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:42 pm

manitoujoe wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:37 pm
Me too. Love them. Quality over quantity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 9917
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by deepcdvr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 pm

Lol not a Toxic, but love the Marathon bracelet - about 100 bucks

Image
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:26 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 pm
Lol not a Toxic, but love the Marathon bracelet - about 100 bucks

Image
I was actually looking at the Marathon bracelet as well. Where did you find it for about $100? Everywhere I’ve seen it’s $200.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10132
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by Joeprez » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 am

Marathon bracelet is solid, it's also the most difficult bracelet to sized that I've dealt with :lol:
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 9917
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:32 am

I've found the bracelet on sale numerous times on WUS for 100-120 bucks. If you put in a WTB ad over there, someone will bite. Good luck!
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:30 am

Check out the Magnum rubber straps from Toxic too.
Image

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

Joeprez wrote:Marathon bracelet is solid, it's also the most difficult bracelet to sized that I've dealt with :lol:
What makes it difficult to size? How is it sized? Do the pins screw out or push out?

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

deepcdvr wrote:I've found the bracelet on sale numerous times on WUS for 100-120 bucks. If you put in a WTB ad over there, someone will bite. Good luck!
Thanks I’ll do that once I get the watch. Hopefully it’ll be in tomorrow.

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am

BacoNoir wrote:Check out the Magnum rubber straps from Toxic too.
Thanks, I’ll check them out!

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10132
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by Joeprez » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 am

ItnStln wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am
Joeprez wrote:Marathon bracelet is solid, it's also the most difficult bracelet to sized that I've dealt with :lol:
What makes it difficult to size? How is it sized? Do the pins screw out or push out?
You need two screwdrivers and a third hand.

Or do what I did:

Image
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:11 am

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 am
ItnStln wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:31 am
Joeprez wrote:Marathon bracelet is solid, it's also the most difficult bracelet to sized that I've dealt with :lol:
What makes it difficult to size? How is it sized? Do the pins screw out or push out?
You need two screwdrivers and a third hand.

Or do what I did:

Image
That does sound difficult! If I decide to get the bracelet I’ll do exactly what you did, thanks.

Brother Rat
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 pm
Name: Dan

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by Brother Rat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 pm

I dig the Toxic rubber instead of the one it comes with, or, pick any nato or zulu that suits your fancy...
It's a very versatile watch.

User avatar
ItnStln
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by ItnStln » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Brother Rat wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 pm
I dig the Toxic rubber instead of the one it comes with, or, pick any nato or zulu that suits your fancy...
It's a very versatile watch.
Indeed, I dislike the rubber it came on as I can’t get the right size because I’m between holes. I picked up a few ToxicNATOs today and ordered some extra spring bars so I’ll experiment with different colors. How hard is it to get the spring bars in the Toxic Rubber?

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41104
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:59 pm

ItnStln wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:55 pm
Brother Rat wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:49 pm
I dig the Toxic rubber instead of the one it comes with, or, pick any nato or zulu that suits your fancy...
It's a very versatile watch.
Indeed, I dislike the rubber it came on as I can’t get the right size because I’m between holes. I picked up a few ToxicNATOs today and ordered some extra spring bars so I’ll experiment with different colors. How hard is it to get the spring bars in the Toxic Rubber?
You need the right spring bars. I think they are the 20mm x 1.78mm x .9mm tips shoulder-less https://www.toxicnatos.com/collections/ ... /toxicbars

Brother Rat
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 pm
Name: Dan

Re: Strap Recommendations-Marathon GSAR

Post by Brother Rat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:01 pm

ItnStln wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:55 pm
Indeed, I dislike the rubber it came on as I can’t get the right size because I’m between holes. I picked up a few ToxicNATOs today and ordered some extra spring bars so I’ll experiment with different colors. How hard is it to get the spring bars in the Toxic Rubber?
Way easier than pulling the ones out of the stock rubber.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest