Just Got A New Watch And Would Like Input For ToxicNATOs

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:47 pm

So I just purchased a Deep Blue NATO Diver 300, and I'm not a fan of a bracelet on a watch I'll be wearing in the water. While I'm waiting for it to come in, I figured I'll order some NATO straps for it. When I had my Seiko SKX007 I always wore it with a NATO strap, if we're still allowed to call them that. I've never read anything negative about ToxicNATOs, and I love the disclaimer on their site. Any recommendations on strap models and colors would be appreciated! I like the ToxicNEWcrap! because of the rounded keepers compared to other NATO straps that I've seen.
Is anyone here familiar with the watch? I'm curious to know if it takes regular 22mm spring bars, or the fat ones like my 007 took.
Here's a picture that I stole from the seller:

dukerules

Re: Just Got A New Watch And Would Like Input For ToxicNATO

Post by dukerules » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Terry sells the best NATO straps. I own about 20 of them. I'd start with his blackout line, which will match the DLC finish of that watch.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:53 pm

dukerules wrote:Terry sells the best NATO straps. I own about 20 of them. I'd start with his blackout line, which will match the DLC finish of that watch.
Thanks for the tip dukerules, I'll take a look at that line! I see he's very active in the forums here, and I respect that. Like I said, I've not read anything bad about ToxicNATOs!

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Grab a black ToxicROO if you want a leather option. Might be my favorite Toxic!

foodle

Post by foodle » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:34 pm

I like this color scheme with black case divers:

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky
Name: Danny

Post by Danny_T » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 am

Yep I say toxic blackout series (get a black and grey strap with black hardware) and grab a black Toxic roo.

I don't have a roo myself yet but handled one at a local watch meet and instantly fell in love with the Toxic roo.

And for a 4th strap and one that will get you TONS of love here is a turquoise strap. Toxic does not have those (yet) but it's a definite must have in my books ;)

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:39 am

TSD wrote:Grab a black ToxicROO if you want a leather option. Might be my favorite Toxic!
That looks nice TSD! I was thinking about a leather strap for when I'm not in the water, and I might have to grab a black ToxicROO now, thanks! BTW is that a Golden Retriever in the pic?

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:41 am

foodle wrote:I like this color scheme with black case divers:

You're right, it is foodle! I like that color scheme, and have one that I wear on my Omega Seamaster occasionally. It looks good with the black case too, thanks for the tip!

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:43 am

Danny_T wrote:Yep I say toxic blackout series (get a black and grey strap with black hardware) and grab a black Toxic roo.

I don't have a roo myself yet but handled one at a local watch meet and instantly fell in love with the Toxic roo.

And for a 4th strap and one that will get you TONS of love here is a turquoise strap. Toxic does not have those (yet) but it's a definite must have in my books ;)
Thanks for the tips Danny_T! So you're saying to get:
1) blackout series in black
2) blackout series in grey
3) ToxicROO
4) turquoise strap
I just want to make sure I understand the four straps you mention. Actually I bet a turquoise strap would look good on a black cased diver!

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:53 am

ItnStln wrote:That looks nice TSD! I was thinking about a leather strap for when I'm not in the water, and I might have to grab a black ToxicROO now, thanks! BTW is that a Golden Retriever in the pic?
Yellow Lab's love Toxic!

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:57 am

TSD wrote:
ItnStln wrote:That looks nice TSD! I was thinking about a leather strap for when I'm not in the water, and I might have to grab a black ToxicROO now, thanks! BTW is that a Golden Retriever in the pic?
Yellow Lab's love Toxic!
Beautiful watch and dog!

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:26 am

If you have a smaller wrist size, go with the Toxic Royals.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:43 am

unsub073 wrote:If you have a smaller wrist size, go with the Toxic Royals.

Just a heads up I have a ToxicRoyalS XL now also. :cheers:

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky
Name: Danny

Post by Danny_T » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:00 pm

ItnStln wrote:
Danny_T wrote:Yep I say toxic blackout series (get a black and grey strap with black hardware) and grab a black Toxic roo.

3) ToxicROO
4) turquoise strap
I just want to make sure I understand the four straps you mention. Actually I bet a turquoise strap would look good on a black cased diver!
Yes to 1, 2, 3 but I was messing with you on the turquoise. I personally like that colour and own both watches and straps that colour, but the rest of the gang here are homophobic towards that colour LOL.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:54 pm

My wrist is about a 7.5, so it might not work, but I like that color.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:02 pm

toxicavenger wrote:

Just a heads up I have a ToxicRoyalS XL now also. :cheers:
I'll check the ToxicRoyalsXL out, thanks! I'm curious as to what the differences between the ToxicNEWcrap a d ToxicN8os are because from the descriptions I can't really see any other than the former has brushed hardware and the latter has brushed/blasted.
BTW I love the disclaimer on your site: "Disclaimer: Were are not affiliated with International Watchman, and we DO NOT claim ownership of G10 or NATO. Zulu, and Maratac are registered trademarks of Maratac Inc."
Last edited by ItnStln on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Danny_T wrote:
ItnStln wrote:

3) ToxicROO
4) turquoise strap
Yes to 1, 2, 3 but I was messing with you on the turquoise. I personally like that colour and own both watches and straps that colour, but the rest of the gang here are homophobic towards that colour LOL.
I like turquoise actually, and feel like it would go good with the watch color. Can you recommend a good quality one? I didn't see one on ToxicNATO or NATO Strap Co, the only other NATO straps I have experience with.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:49 pm

ItnStln wrote: I'm curious as to what the differences between the ToxicNEWcrap a d ToxicN8os are because from the descriptions I can't really see any other than the former has brushed hardware and the latter has brushed/blasted.
BTW I love the disclaimer on your site: "Disclaimer: Were are not affiliated with International Watchman, and we DO NOT claim ownership of G10 or NATO. Zulu, and Maratac are registered trademarks of Maratac Inc."
The New Crap was NEW crap at one time. So that is why I named them that. The only thing with them is they are brushed only like you mentioned.

That disclaimer is to cover my ass. :cheers:

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:54 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote: I'm curious as to what the differences between the ToxicNEWcrap a d ToxicN8os are because from the descriptions I can't really see any other than the former has brushed hardware and the latter has brushed/blasted.
The New Crap was NEW crap at one time. So that is why I named them that. The only thing with them is they are brushed only like you mentioned.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation! What's the difference between brushed and brushed/blasted? What's the blasted do?
That's the best disclaimer I've ever seen! It's crazy that someone was able to get a patent on NATO straps.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:59 pm

I like that watch. Which size is that?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:21 pm

ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

Awesome, thanks for the explanation! What's the difference between brushed and brushed/blasted? What's the blasted do?
That's the best disclaimer I've ever seen! It's crazy that someone was able to get a patent on NATO straps.
The trademark thing does suck, but it is his to protect. :shrug: So oh well.

But Marks pics shows the difference between the two finishes perfectly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:39 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

Thanks for the picture! Am I correct in thinking that the one on the left is brushed and the one on the right is brushed/blasted?

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:42 pm

ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

Thanks for the picture! Am I correct in thinking that the one on the left is brushed and the one on the right is brushed/blasted?
You are correct. :cheers:

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

You are correct. :cheers:
Awesome, now I just have to place my order, which I'll do in the morning.

rightrower

Post by rightrower » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:37 am

I am waiting to order mine too when there is sale on toxic nato. Love the nato but budget is low.

Sent from Note 4 using tapatalk