Just Got A New Watch And Would Like Input For ToxicNATOs

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

unsub073
Name: chris

Re: Just Got A New Watch And Would Like Input For ToxicNATO

Post by unsub073 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:14 am

CGSshorty wrote:
unsub073 wrote:If you have a smaller wrist size, go with the Toxic Royals.

I like that watch. Which size is that?
40mm width excluding crown.
22mm lug width.
14.75mm thickness

It wears thick for it's size. Here is a comparison to the Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:37 am

I just placed my first order from ToxicNATOs, and I expect to place more! I ordered the ToxicNEWcrap in the black/grey stripes, and the ToxicBLACKout in black. Next time I will order the ToxicROO and who knows what else. Watch straps and bracelets are like dress shirts and ties, a different strap, bracelet, or tie changes the look completely. Thanks everyone who's made recommendations, I will post pictures when I get them.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:08 am

unsub073 wrote:40mm width excluding crown.
22mm lug width.
14.75mm thickness

It wears thick for it's size. Here is a comparison to the Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military

I always thought that watch was bigger than that. I have to say Lum-Tec makes some killer watches. I have owned one in a long time but I loved everyone I have owned.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:08 am

ItnStln wrote:I just placed my first order from ToxicNATOs, and I expect to place more! I ordered the ToxicNEWcrap in the black/grey stripes, and the ToxicBLACKout in black. Next time I will order the ToxicROO and who knows what else. Watch straps and bracelets are like dress shirts and ties, a different strap, bracelet, or tie changes the look completely. Thanks everyone who's made recommendations, I will post pictures when I get them.
Thanks Johnathan. Just let me know if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am

toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote:I just placed my first order from ToxicNATOs, and I expect to place more! I ordered the ToxicNEWcrap in the black/grey stripes, and the ToxicBLACKout in black. Next time I will order the ToxicROO and who knows what else. Watch straps and bracelets are like dress shirts and ties, a different strap, bracelet, or tie changes the look completely. Thanks everyone who's made recommendations, I will post pictures when I get them.
I will, and thanks for answering the ones I've had! BTW I like how your site sends an email and a message on Facebook Messenger with the information.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:07 am

ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
I will, and thanks for answering the ones I've had! BTW I like how your site sends an email and a message on Facebook Messenger with the information.
It is a cool feature. My only issue is people reply to them on FB. I am almost never on FB. :crybaby:

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:15 am

toxicavenger wrote:
ItnStln wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
It is a cool feature. My only issue is people reply to them on FB. I am almost never on FB. :crybaby:
Same here!

ItnStln

Just Got A New Watch And Would Like Input For ToxicNATOs

Post by ItnStln » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 am

They just came in! I ordered the ToxicNEWcrap in black and grey straps, and the ToxicBLACKout in black. My initial impression was "wow, these are quality!" I'll post a review in a few days, but here's some pictures:
ImageImage

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:12 am

Here's my promised review. I've been wearing the ToxicNATOs since they came in on January 14th. Opening them up I was impressed with the quality. Here's the pros, the neutral, and the cons:
The Pros
-appear to be high quality, better than NATO Strap Co, and at least equivalent to Maratac, if not better
-the hardware is the nicest on any NATO strap I've used. See the below pictures, ToxicNATO is on the left, and NATO Strap Co is on the right
-the size is etched inside the buckle! When I first saw it, it was on my ToxicBLACKout, and I thought I scratched the buckle. This will keep me from having to store them in a bag or envelope with the size written on them.
-I like how the keepers are designed, unlike others that I've seen. Instead of a 90 degree angle, it looks like they're two 45 degree angles.
-I was impressed with Terry's customer service, he answered all questions I had before I placed my order. Thanks Terry!
The Neutral
-I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of money on ToxicNATOs
The Cons
-Honestly I can't think of one! Typically when I write reviews I'm hard on my review, but I can't think of anything negative about either the strap or my experience...except maybe I'll be tempted to replace all of my other straps with ToxicNATOs, and I have a lot!
Now it's picture time! I apologize in advance for my lack of photography skills. Here's some pictures:
Deep Blue NATO Diver 300 on a ToxicNEWcrap in black and grey
Deep Blue NATO Diver 300 on a ToxicBLACKout in black
Wrist shot
ToxicNEWcrap, on the left,compared to NATO Strap Co, on the right
My EDC tools

Thank you everyone who's contributed to this thread!

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:16 am

Damn great EDC!!!!

Hey thanks for the review also brother. We are working on some more as we speak. SO I hope they turn out as good as it is planned.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 am

toxicavenger wrote:Damn great EDC!!!!

Hey thanks for the review also brother. We are working on some more as we speak. SO I hope they turn out as good as it is planned.
Thanks! It was hard to find a Sig Sauer P229 in a DAK, but I was determined to get the DAK so I waited. I'll keep checking back, because I'm going to expand my selection of ToxicNATOs! I saw your thread looking for photos with your straps, so if you want to use mine then feel free. Thanks again Terry!