Shipping change for US customers

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Shipping change for US customers

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:46 am

Hey guys in the past I was doing free shipping on all orders in the US. Well I had to change that yesterday. The issue is I use 6 x 9 envelopes to ship with. USPS does not have a parcel for this size, they will only claim it as a 6 x 9 box. So to get around this if people had a small order I was about to use 15 x 12 x .5 parcel rate and it would only cost $1.60. Well certain post offices in certain states didn't like me using the 15 x 12 rate for a 6 x 9 envelope, even though it is smaller. So they would ask the customer for the difference in price, (which is really uncool) or they would send the item back to me asking for the $1 extra.

This has only happened maybe 10 times in a year (with about 6k in orders), but that is too much for me. So I had to change my settings, so if you don't have an order over $20 then you have to pay extra for shipping. I wish there was a way around, this but I don't want the customer (YOU) stuck with the short end of the stick.

I do believe I have the cheapest rate for all overseas customers now. :cheers:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Shipping change for US customers

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:51 am

You're the most transparent seller I've ever seen. Kudos.

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad to pay it. I recognize that the money has to come from somewhere so no arguments here. Thanks for the transparency.

I love the people that bitch about shipping costs and then say "I don't have to pay with Amazon Prime" and somehow conveniently or ignorantly 'forget' their annual $100 Prime membership.

Keep doing what you're doing my friend. Love to watch you succeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:13 pm

No issue here T. You aren't providing straps as a free service.
The Hapa

mellonb1
Name: Brian

Post by mellonb1 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up! All good with me.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:18 pm

No worries here. I'll gladly pay the nominal shipping cost. Excited about your herringbone weave NATOs!

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:23 pm

Not a deal breaker. U have a business to run and transparency is also appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:25 pm

Ain't no thang. :cheers: T
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:36 pm

Terry has had some great advisors here.

:thumbsup:
only accurate watches are interesting

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:01 pm

r.palace wrote:Ain't no thang. :cheers: T
But a chicken wang!
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:01 pm

Makes sense... :thumbsup:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:12 pm

Not an issue with me, and just the cost of doing business anymore. I've used this company for shipping supplies at work before. May be worth a look.

Mailers, Envelopes & Shipping Envelopes in Stock - ULINE
https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.com/ ... es-Mailers

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:25 pm

^^^David I use them also.

The only thing I could do was to change to 15 x 12 packaging. That isn't happening.

Thanks for the props guys, I just want to be up front with people. That is all.

mikeylacroix

Post by mikeylacroix » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:59 pm

gonzomantis

Post by gonzomantis » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:18 pm

Does that mean that there isn't any free reach-around with local pickup anymore?

:shrug:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:24 pm

gonzomantis wrote:Does that mean that there isn't any free reach-around with local pickup anymore?

Oh that is something I will always give, hell even a few slaps on the ass also. :salute:

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Terry,
My 1c worth... Just increase the cost of your straps by $1.60, and include free shipping.
Generally customers like a simple 'no shipping fee' deal.
It's a psychological thing.. people generally will prefer to pay $20 with free shipping, than $16 with $4 shipping (etc etc). It's a selling point, and shit like that gets shared online.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
gonzomantis wrote:Does that mean that there isn't any free reach-around with local pickup anymore?

Oh that is something I will always give, hell even a few slaps on the ass also. :salute:
I'm not really into that kind of thing, but I like your straps. Can I send my wife for the local pickup?
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:42 pm

Heuerville wrote:Terry,
My 1c worth... Just increase the cost of your straps by $1.60, and include free shipping.
It's a psychological thing.. people generally will prefer to pay $20 with free shipping, than $16 with $4 shipping (etc etc). It's a selling point, and shit like that gets shared online.
Good point, I will have to think that one over. :salute:

The thing that kills me is shipping $8 worth of spring bars and paying $2.60 in shipping. :crybaby:

gonzomantis

Post by gonzomantis » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:04 pm

toxicavenger wrote:

The thing that kills me is shipping $8 worth of spring bars and paying $2.60 in shipping. :crybaby:

I think $20 and up get free shipping works well. That is easily satisfied by buying just 2 straps, and keeps the individual strap price lower. I'll likely buy at least 2 at a time going forward, anyway. :cheers:

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 am

I like the thought of a free shipping price start point. I much prefer the simplicity over the other methods I've seen such as higher priced straps with quantity price break. Plus it only takes two straps to get free shipping and I've never just bought one NATO at a time anywhere.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:33 am

Very true!
gonzomantis wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

I think $20 and up get free shipping works well. That is easily satisfied by buying just 2 straps, and keeps the individual strap price lower. I'll likely buy at least 2 at a time going forward, anyway. :cheers:
So that means when I make my first order I'll have to buy two straps instead of one to get the free shipping. Really it's not that bad, because I'd likely pick up a second one down the road, so it'll save me the hassle of making a second order...now to figure out which straps to order!

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:36 am

Torrid wrote:I like the thought of a free shipping price start point. I much prefer the simplicity over the other methods I've seen such as higher priced straps with quantity price break. Plus it only takes two straps to get free shipping and I've never just bought one NATO at a time anywhere.
Exactly! The one time I ordered one NATO strap it was because I was waiting for NSC to get that specific color in stock and it took months. Even if I only needed one strap I'd usually get a second just to get the quantity break and I'd either keep it for later or give it to my brother who also is a fan of NATO straps.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:58 am

So far it is working out with having the minimum set at $20 for free shipping. It was the super small orders for $4-12 that was killing me. I fought changing this for a year but with my high cost of my straps I was throwing money away. I wasn't throwing away much, but now that I had to hire an account part-time and paying taxes I need those extra dollars even more.

I have noticed some of the established sites selling basic natos (which have a lower cost) actually have a higher minimum than I do. So it must work.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:39 pm

toxicavenger wrote:So far it is working out with having the minimum set at $20 for free shipping. It was the super small orders for $4-12 that was killing me. I fought changing this for a year but with my high cost of my straps I was throwing money away. I wasn't throwing away much, but now that I had to hire an account part-time and paying taxes I need those extra dollars even more.

I have noticed some of the established sites selling basic natos (which have a lower cost) actually have a higher minimum than I do. So it must work.
Less small orders is less work for you as well. I know that I make multiple unnecessary orders with Amazon because they eat the shipping. I could easily consolidate a bunch of those orders into one, and I would if I had some incentive to do so.