I need a honest answer since I haven't had this issue

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:43 am

So a guy mentioned in a thread on WUS mentioned a comment "toxic natos (while his hardware is top notch, the strap material is stiff and closer to cotton than nylon and tend to build fraying edges that do not go away with a flame)".

I do agree that the nylon used on the ToxicN80's isn't like most of them. It isn't a shiny as most, I think they call the shiny version "ballistic nylon". But when the hell did they start having issues were you can't seal them with a flame?

I am trying to look at his comments to see if they are truth to them and if there is something that I need to change. Because the last thing I want to do is to NOT listen to legit issues.

Thanks for your feedback.

T :salute:

r.palace

Re: I need a honest answer since I havent' had this issue

Post by r.palace » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:51 am

In real time. No issues

https://vimeo.com/193907794
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:53 am

toxicavenger wrote:So a guy mentioned in a thread on WUS mentioned a comment "toxic natos (while his hardware is top notch, the strap material is stiff and closer to cotton than nylon and tend to build fraying edges that do not go away with a flame)".

I do agree that the nylon used on the ToxicN80's isn't like most of them. It isn't a shiny as most, I think they call the shiny version "ballistic nylon". But when the hell did they start having issues were you can't seal them with a flame?

I am trying to look at his comments to see if they are truth to them and if there is something that I need to change. Because the last thing I want to do is to NOT listen to legit issues.

I'd publicly offer the dude a strap of his choice in exchange for his frayed strap that doesn't burn - so you can do a burn test of your own. Either you find out there's a problem, or prove that he's full of shit.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:03 am

User Error is my guess
I haven't had any fraying issues so I haven't had to use any pyrotechnics

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: I need a honest answer since I haven't had this issue

Post by BSears » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:08 am

I've been wearing the grey 22mm version on my 6306 for about 4 weeks straight and I just sealed some minor fraying around the most used hole. No problems. And none of mine have frayed on the edges. So no idea what this guy is doing wrong. I second the suggestion to offer him a new strap in exchange for his so you can test it. Do it with a video and post it as a reply to his comment. How could he really complain if he accepts a new strap?! (That's a loaded comment - it's WUS so of course he will still complain, call you a bully, and go home all butt hurt but at least your Rep remains solid.)
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:14 am

maybe he ordered the wrong size

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:33 am

"Most used hole"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:41 am

BBK357 wrote:"Most used hole"

I new somebody would find that. :lol:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:58 am

Ship the replacement posthaste and to the address of his dad's house

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:42 am

I don't know who he is customer wise. Since he didn't ever contact me regarding this. Here is the link http://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/where ... ight=toxic

My RAF straps tend to fray on the ends after some use. They are super easy to heat up with a lighter. On the N80's I have resealed the buckle holes on the ones I use for the MM. Since the MM tends to put the most weight of all on watches on the buckle hole that I use.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:42 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:So a guy mentioned in a thread on WUS mentioned a comment "toxic natos (while his hardware is top notch, the strap material is stiff and closer to cotton than nylon and tend to build fraying edges that do not go away with a flame)".

I'd publicly offer the dude a strap of his choice in exchange for his frayed strap that doesn't burn - so you can do a burn test of your own. Either you find out there's a problem, or prove that he's full of shit.
Great idea, if someone finds out his info I can contact him and get this done asap. :salute:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:45 am

toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Great idea, if someone finds out his info I can contact him and get this done asap. :salute:
I'd PM him for you, but I forgot my WUS password after all their reset nonsense.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:49 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

I'd PM him for you, but I forgot my WUS password after all their reset nonsense.
I forgot mine a long time ago. :mrgreen:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:55 am

toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

I think they told you to forget it!

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

So true :oops:, I got "Yao'oood"

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:00 am

toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Just pay the $10,000 advertiser fee and all will be forgotten. :cussing:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:01 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:

Just pay the $10,000 advertiser fee and all will be forgotten. :cussing:
I was told $325 a month now. :banghead: Not gonna happen.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:08 am

His pic on WUS does show fraying. So I don't have a problem with that, because it happens on all straps at one time or another. Just the statement that this can't be sealed is ludicrous.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 am

Terry, if he didn't contact you directly, F him and don't worry about it. Worry about your customers that know how to deal with an issue.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:28 am

tattoo chef wrote:Terry, if he didn't contact you directly, F him and don't worry about it. Worry about your customers that know how to deal with an issue.

Good point. :salute: Thanks for the :smack: Don. :cheers:

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:08 pm

these guys piss and moan more than a bunch of old men at the union hall...

they want -- soft, colorful, long lasting, great hardware, no fray, ballistic, all mm's, all color hardware.... alll for $6 each and they'd prefer shipping prepaid and the second strap for 1/2 off.

come on.... the softer the strap the more chance of fray.... the tougher the strap the more it feels like shit on the wrist.
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 pm

BSears wrote:
BBK357 wrote:"Most used hole"

I new somebody would find that. :lol:
You knew somebody would find your "most used hole"

It's a fricken one way street to that Blackdoor people he said it twice.

ItnStln

Post by ItnStln » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:56 pm

justsellbrgs wrote:come on.... the softer the strap the more chance of fray.... the tougher the strap the more it feels like shit on the wrist.
Exactly! I've had soft ones that have come included in purchases and just threw them away. Besides fraying more, they felt cheaper IMO.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:54 pm

justsellbrgs wrote:these guys piss and moan more than a bunch of old men at the union hall...

they want -- soft, colorful, long lasting, great hardware, no fray, ballistic, all mm's, all color hardware.... alll for $6 each and they'd prefer shipping prepaid and the second strap for 1/2 off.

come on.... the softer the strap the more chance of fray.... the tougher the strap the more it feels like shit on the wrist.
Totally agree with all of the above.

I only buy Terry's straps and gnomon. They are both a good balance.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak: