Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Not all reviews can be great

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:00 am

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/toxic ... st30045770
Hahaha this dude is to funny. Sounds like he has some baby soft skin.

Crazy thing is he was badgering me about how long it was taking for him to get his order and he ordered it on Saturday night and the post office didn't open until Tuesday due to Memorial Holiday. Some people you just can't please.

Oh and the ebay nylon is what TF uses. :cheers:

nweash
Name: Nick

Re: Not all reviews can be great

Post by nweash » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:29 am

Negative gets more attention.

He's clearly starving for some by the way he chooses to bash the straps on that review and your site.

Fuck em.

Only turd in this toxic party punch bowl.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:54 am

Yeah saw that last night. No matter what you do, there are always going to be some people you just can't please. Head up, Terry!

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:14 am

He did give a 10/10 for customer service. As far as the material, different strokes for different folks. Oh well.

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:32 am

His command of the written word speaks volumes...

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:04 am

I've been disagreeing with him since yesterday in several posts.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:16 am

If your straps qualify as course paper, what does that make the competition? I've always worn NATOs since the beginning of my watch habit and wear them now more than ever. I always thought if I wanted a solid strap it would be scratchy, otherwise it would be too soft and flop around. These are the only straps I've used stiff enough to not flop around, but they don't feel scratchy on my skin.

I know you can't please everyone, but you seem to be getting very close to that. He seems like he feels the need to go against the grain and disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:36 am

Replied.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:13 am

It's his like, opinion man.
I will say toxics are more coarse than what I prefer, but they get softer with use. I think they have to be kind of course because of the tight weave which means they will last longer.
I'm a big fan of gnomon because of the comfort- but they don't last that long. Especially since I wash mine really well when I wear them to work. They get floppy and stretched out.

Ps- the important thing is he rated CS 10/10. Pretty cool since he didn't like the product
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:24 am

I'm actually pretty surprised Ben found something floppy and stretched out that he doesn't like.

DrWapenshaw
Name: J

Post by DrWapenshaw » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:31 am

Actually now that we are lodging complaints, I would like to bring some things up:

1. I can only wear one toxic nato at a time per watch? It seems unfair, you send me a bag of Toxics, they are all cool, I want to wear them all, but no, 1 AT A TIME!
2. I agree with the original complaint, the high quality (high thread count?) nato band, does seem a little rigid, could you please make one out of, I dunno, something NOT so durable, you know like all the other cheaply made ones out there?
3. Logo, your logo offends my sensitivities. The sand creeps into my vagina every time I see that thing.

edited for spelling: Creeps not creaps
Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:47 am

BBK357 wrote:It's his like, opinion man.
I will say toxics are more coarse than what I prefer, but they get softer with use. I think they have to be kind of course because of the tight weave which means they will last longer.
I'm a big fan of gnomon because of the comfort- but they don't last that long. Especially since I wash mine really well when I wear them to work. They get floppy and stretched out.

Ps- the important thing is he rated CS 10/10. Pretty cool since he didn't like the product
The washing must be how a couple of older ones I had got so loose. I always scrub my straps with soap and a detail brush and soak them in hot water for a few minutes. Some show adverse effects after the first wash, though I've never had an issue with these and NATO Strap Co. The Strap Co ones stretch a lot while wet, but always go back to normal once dry. ToxicNATOs show it much less. I can feel a wet strap loosen a bit, but I have to adjust the NATO Strap Co ones a notch tighter to make up for it. I had no idea the tightness of weave would make so much difference.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:14 am

I often wonder where some of the people were when God was giving out hands. Perhaps they were standing in line for their ass or I don't know how they missed it.
Any tightly woven fabric needs to break in. I posted something in that thread.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:31 am

Hands? Or brains ?
The Hapa

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:07 pm

I'm not really a NATO wearer so don't own any of Terry's straps. But I have to assume that they're top notch given the love for them expressed by DWC's NATO afficianados, and they certainly look great. That said, I think I'd personally be more concerned with comfort than durability when it comes to a relatively inexpensive NATO strap. I'm not really expecting years of service from a $15 strap.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Posted.

Problem with reviews like this is people think they're opinion matters. Why I hate yelp.

I don't own a Toxic yet but actually came here looking to try one, and if I had to guess based on the OPs half-assed review, I prefer the slightly rigid fabric which lasts a lot longer and stays secure over the wet noodle garbage.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:46 pm

sierra11b wrote:Posted.

Problem with reviews like this is people think they're opinion matters. Why I hate yelp.

I don't own a Toxic yet but actually came here looking to try one, and if I had to guess based on the OPs half-assed review, I prefer the slightly rigid fabric which lasts a lot longer and stays secure over the wet noodle garbage.
Rigid and lasts longer is what I aspire to :roll: :roll: :roll:
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:45 pm

logan2z wrote:I'm not really a NATO wearer so don't own any of Terry's straps. But I have to assume that they're top notch given the love for them expressed by DWC's NATO afficianados, and they certainly look great. That said, I think I'd personally be more concerned with comfort than durability when it comes to a relatively inexpensive NATO strap. I'm not really expecting years of service from a $15 strap.
Get one for your Speedy, you might like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Joeprez on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:48 pm

Joe, thanks for the gigantic photo. Wish you guys would resize these things. It makes viewing he forum on my phone a royal pain since the other normal sized posts are reduced in size to accommodate the larger picture.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:53 pm

logan2z wrote:I'm not really a NATO wearer so don't own any of Terry's straps. But I have to assume that they're top notch given the love for them expressed by DWC's NATO afficianados, and they certainly look great. That said, I think I'd personally be more concerned with comfort than durability when it comes to a relatively inexpensive NATO strap. I'm not really expecting years of service from a $15 strap.

I used to think the same thing. I've never been a huge NATO strap wearer either but have always had a few in the box. Lately, last 3-4 months, I've been wearing them almost non-stop for a number of reasons. The "comfortable" straps are nice and all, but the trade off is the looser weave, relatively speaking. And that equates to loose threads and unraveling. I've had several of the other brands where after a while the threads start to shred from the strap, usually at high stress areas and sometimes at the tang holes. Terry's straps still look like the day I got them save for imprinting in he tang holes, which is inevitable. The tighter weave equals a stiffer strap, but it doesn't come apart like other ones I've had. I'll trade the stiffness (which comes from the tighter weave pattern and that also keeps the watch from flopping around like a billy banana) for "comfort." I quote the latter because I don't find Terry's straps to be uncomfortable either.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi Brad, I posted from Tapatalk, same as I do almost every day. I also check the forum through Tapatalk when on my celphone, and apparently the app resizes the photos... Never knew they showed so big.

Is this better (resized by Tapatalk)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Andrew, there are guys who get pissed that a nato strap they have worn for 4-5 months started to having some fraying around the buckle hole :shrug: . You can't make that shit up bro. It is a $18 strap and people do expect the world out of them. What I have found out is the softer straps (I carry some) are super cozy but they fray really easily and you really can't clean them to well without them fraying. So they do have some pluses and minuses.

Most of you know I am not a huge nato guy and I honestly never wore them until last xmas :scratch: . But I have learned a ton from you all since I started this venture and I greatly appreciate it. But I have found out there is a ton of crap out there and I do believe what I sell is heads above the competition or else I would not waste my time selling it. I have better things to do then to sell crap. :raised: Hell if I told you all how much time I put into this you would think I was crazy, but I believe that what I provide is worth the time and effort since so many companies just plain suck in one way or the other.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Funny the one dude who posted about a strap that was softer than the ones I sell is by a company who seems to be getting the same straps I have already been selling. :stir:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:15 pm

BSears wrote:Joe, thanks for the gigantic photo. Wish you guys would resize these things. It makes viewing he forum on my phone a royal pain since the other normal sized posts are reduced in size to accommodate the larger picture.
Are you not on tapatalk? I've never seen this issue on my phone.

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:19 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Andrew, there are guys who get pissed that a nato strap they have worn for 4-5 months started to having some fraying around the buckle hole :shrug: . You can't make that shit up bro. It is a $18 strap and people do expect the world out of them. What I have found out is the softer straps (I carry some) are super cozy but they fray really easily and you really can't clean them to well without them fraying. So they do have some pluses and minuses.

Most of you know I am not a huge nato guy and I honestly never wore them until last xmas :scratch: . But I have learned a ton from you all since I started this venture and I greatly appreciate it. But I have found out there is a ton of crap out there and I do believe what I sell is heads above the competition or else I would not waste my time selling it. I have better things to do then to sell crap. :raised: Hell if I told you all how much time I put into this you would think I was crazy, but I believe that what I provide is worth the time and effort since so many companies just plain suck in one way or the other.
Terry, I owned natos from cheapnatostraps.com, natostrap.co, gnomon, maratac, and a ton of eBay sellers. I don't say this because you're a DWC bro, yours are really better than the rest. I still love gnomon's straps, even though the fabric is not the same, but yours and gnomons are the most comfortable I've tried. Anyone expecting ANY nato strap will never show any wear is an idiot.