TN ecommerce site update ideas?

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

gwells
Name: Greg

Re: TN ecommerce site update ideas?

Post by gwells » Wed May 11, 2016 6:22 pm

ericf4 wrote:whatever you do please make sure to keep a responsive design optimized for the mobile experience. This is vital due to how most shopping occurs today. Sometimes sites make heavy customizations, content etc that weighs it down and leaves the mobile user with a lackluster buying experience. This leads to high levels of shopping cart abandonment, and shoppers who leave the site far too quickly....and never come back.....just my 2 cents.
just to expand on this a little (and i know you don't do this), but one of my biggest pet peeves is those stupid sites that require personal information before i can see what my total price with shipping is. i'm happy to give a zip code for shipping, but i've had sites require my billing information before i can see a total price. i always bail on those. you'll never get a CC from me, and almost never a complete address and/or email, before you tell me my out the door cost.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Re: TN ecommerce site update ideas?

Post by Captdave » Wed May 11, 2016 8:59 pm

gwells wrote:
ericf4 wrote:whatever you do please make sure to keep a responsive design optimized for the mobile experience. This is vital due to how most shopping occurs today. Sometimes sites make heavy customizations, content etc that weighs it down and leaves the mobile user with a lackluster buying experience. This leads to high levels of shopping cart abandonment, and shoppers who leave the site far too quickly....and never come back.....just my 2 cents.
just to expand on this a little (and i know you don't do this), but one of my biggest pet peeves is those stupid sites that require personal information before i can see what my total price with shipping is. i'm happy to give a zip code for shipping, but i've had sites require my billing information before i can see a total price. i always bail on those. you'll never get a CC from me, and almost never a complete address and/or email, before you tell me my out the door cost.
Good point. I do the exact same thing!
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.