Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Italian rubber strap and 2-piece Zulu's in

Post by toxicavenger » Wed May 25, 2016 1:43 pm

JBZ wrote:
jswing wrote:When I made straps, I'd get bizarre requests for shit like pink alligator, and some people just didn't understand that I'd have to order an entire hide just to make their one bizarre strap. Some people actually got mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I'm still waiting for my god damn pink alligator with tassles. :cussing:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed May 25, 2016 1:46 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
JBZ wrote:
jswing wrote:When I made straps, I'd get bizarre requests for shit like pink alligator, and some people just didn't understand that I'd have to order an entire hide just to make their one bizarre strap. Some people actually got mad.

I'm still waiting for my god damn pink alligator with tassles. :cussing:
That would be AWESOME!

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed May 25, 2016 3:50 pm

It's a pretty common search phrase on WUS, and the existing options are pretty shitty.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:08 pm

So what is the length of the strap are we talking about. Because a standard strap is 115/75 and has enough holes to fit all the way down to like 4.5-5 inches. Rubber straps are made a little longer to supposedly accommodate for a wet suit and are 120 with a buckle side still 75 maybe 80.

You guys are spoiled. So your buckle is not landing exactly where you want it to be, how about knowing that any OEM strap that comes on a watch will not fit your wrist? Is that better? :)

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed May 25, 2016 4:11 pm

Uh... every OEM strap that comes on a watch DOESN'T fit my wrist. The only exception being the Tuna which "fits" with an 8 inch tail. Something like 110/70 would be decent.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club

Post by jswing » Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:It's a pretty common search phrase on WUS, and the existing options are pretty shitty.
I agree there aren't too many shorter rubber options. There are vintage tropics and I think Squale has one short strap, but it has a branded buckle. Bonetto Cinturini has a rubber with deployant that you cut to size, and it comes in several colors.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:Uh... every OEM strap that comes on a watch DOESN'T fit my wrist. The only exception being the Tuna which "fits" with an 8 inch tail. Something like 110/70 would be decent.
What are you supposed to do with this? But it has enough holes to accommodate a new born :lol:

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club

Post by jswing » Wed May 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Panerai7 wrote:So what is the length of the strap are we talking about. Because a standard strap is 115/75 and has enough holes to fit all the way down to like 4.5-5 inches. Rubber straps are made a little longer to supposedly accommodate for a wet suit and are 120 with a buckle side still 75 maybe 80.

You guys are spoiled. So your buckle is not landing exactly where you want it to be, how about knowing that any OEM strap that comes on a watch will not fit your wrist? Is that better? :)
Yeah that would suck too.

Terry needs to bite the bullet, take out a second mortgage, and stock straps of every size and color! And I need 21mm options too. Rubber and nato please.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed May 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Poke a hole. It sucks, but It's no worse than having to punch one on the small end or having to "cut the tip" as Jeff likes to do. I'm at the second to smallest hole on the leather strap on my Speedy, and it's supposedly 110/70.