Things I am working on.................

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:31 pm

My watchmaker isn't wanting too much work since he has been retired for 5 years, so I have been pinging a ton on shops to find someone worth a damn. Well tonight I got a solid contact who is saying that they can provide everything including lume work. So if it works out they are saying 2-4 weeks turn around on repairs. Also prices will be super reasonable. I am sure there might be a few growing pains to get this all ironed out but it is something I have wanted to do for a while. Personally I wanted to start doing this work myself but with the way things are going at home and attending school full time, plus the strap gig I don't have much time to learn. So this is the best option for right now.

Next thing is if this strap gig keeps going the way it is going I might get some LE watches built. But this is super early in the game, it is in the brain storming stage right now. I am thinking 42mm diver, quartz, sapphire crystal, to keep the price under $200 to make a great beater watch. The US vendor has a great product already so if I do go this route it will be basically relabeling or making a custom dial for it. But it isn't something I would be designing from scratch at all. The thing is currently that there are so many watch companies out there (Todd, Scurfa) that make a great product already. So I might pass on this....................I am just rambling honestly. :think:

So the wheels are turning for sure.

Thanks for listening to the storms in my brain. :cheers:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Re: Things I am working on.................

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Ramble on brother! Quartz beaters rock for summer beach or diving ops

Insist on decent lume or it won't sell. If seiko can produce an SKX for 200 bones or (yikes) a Monster that will wake you up at night from the brightness, lume is a must
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:45 pm

deepcdvr wrote:Ramble on brother! Quartz beaters rock for summer beach or diving ops

Insist on decent lume or it won't sell. If seiko can produce an SKX for 200 bones or (yikes) a Monster that will wake you up at night from the brightness, lume is a must
I agree, it will have C3 lume :cheers: , I can't wear a watch without lume

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:50 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:Ramble on brother! Quartz beaters rock for summer beach or diving ops

I agree, it will have C3 lume :cheers: , I can't wear a watch without lume

^^^

Agree

The only reason I keep my pos plastic marathon navi is because it's cheap and the gas tubes light up all night.

Honestly- you don't need sapphire. Put an acrylic dome on it and I'd buy it.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:52 pm

Your dreams turned into reality so keep on keeping on. Glad things are going well and assumed they were anyway from the ToxicFever I'm seeing on the forums. I know I've had my share of people asking me about the Natos and where to get them.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Dude. A 42mm Quartz diver "beater" with sapphire or acrylic and killer lume under $200 (and with 22mm lugs ;) ). Yeah I would be all over that. And I don't see you competing with too many of the micros out there on that front. If you could find a US maker, with maybe a Swiss Ronda quartz, that is a great idea.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Good stuff Terry. Nothing but success to you :cheers:

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:31 pm

I like it T! I'm torn between dome and recessed crystal for a beater. Keep it thin.
The Hapa

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:04 pm

I fully expected to open this thread and learn of furrie costumes, dildos, and Mark's inflatable GILF.

Color me disappointed.

mellonb1
Name: Brian

Post by mellonb1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Interested in seeing how the watchmaker contact pans out. Keep the ideas flowing Terry.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:32 pm

hoppyjr wrote:I fully expected to open this thread and learn of furrie costumes, dildos, and Mark's inflatable GILF.

Color me disappointed.
shark attacks whale :bootyshake:
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:13 am

Sounds like a fun progression. Sub $200 quartz diver sounds great. Would need to contrast Seiko and Citizen's offerings at that price somehow. Let me know if you need any graphic work done.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:23 am

I could use a yellow dial watch for the summer.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:27 am

T-bird, is the said watchmaker currently doing any work on your pieces now?
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:20 am

BBK357 wrote:The only reason I keep my pos plastic marathon navi is because it's cheap and the gas tubes light up all night.

Honestly- you don't need sapphire. Put an acrylic dome on it and I'd buy it.
Acrylic would be hot, just I am not designing a watch at all but probably throwing some changes to an existing version that he already sells. To use a plexi crystal a whole new watch case needs to be made and the minimum is 500 pieces, so that isn't going to happen.
59yukon01 wrote:Your dreams turned into reality so keep on keeping on. Glad things are going well and assumed they were anyway from the ToxicFever I'm seeing on the forums. I know I've had my share of people asking me about the Natos and where to get them.
David, thanks for the support "out there" bro. I can't do anything without you guys backing me up. :thumbsup:
BSears wrote:Dude. A 42mm Quartz diver "beater" with sapphire or acrylic and killer lume under $200 (and with 22mm lugs ;) ). Yeah I would be all over that. And I don't see you competing with too many of the micros out there on that front. If you could find a US maker, with maybe a Swiss Ronda quartz, that is a great idea.
Brad, his current offerings are exactly what you mentioned except for the 22mm lugs, they are 20mm. But they work great.
Panerai7 wrote:Good stuff Terry. Nothing but success to you :cheers:
Thanks Art, without your insider info on things then a lot of this would be going slower than it currently is.
HapaHapa wrote:I like it T! I'm torn between dome and recessed crystal for a beater. Keep it thin.
Crystal is a flat crystal that rides just a hair over the bezel insert.
mellonb1 wrote:Interested in seeing how the watchmaker contact pans out. Keep the ideas flowing Terry.
Thanks Brian, I found the watchmaker through the watch company I was talking to. He has been building and repairing their watches for 10 years now.
dnslater wrote:Sounds like a fun progression. Sub $200 quartz diver sounds great. Would need to contrast Seiko and Citizen's offerings at that price somehow. Let me know if you need any graphic work done.
Nick, deal bro, I will let you know for certain!!! :thumbsup:
mattcantwin wrote:I could use a yellow dial watch for the summer.
I could use a orange version. :whistle:
r.palace wrote:T-bird, is the said watchmaker currently doing any work on your pieces now?
Ralph, I have someone's watch I am sending to him right now to get work done on it. My biggest issue is finding someone who does lume work and has a fast turn around time.