ToxicNato's vs the Fleet

Toilet-tested and good to go!

Moderator: toxicavenger

Minordamage
Name: Josh

ToxicNato's vs the Fleet

Post by Minordamage » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:18 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Sure cool, now get a lighter and stop that fraying before it gets out of hand.
Terry, will do. It looked a lot worse than it was on initial viewing. I can confirm that the strap doesn't discolor much, if at all, when exposed to 2190 lube oil.
Josh

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: ToxicNato's vs the Fleet

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Minordamage wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:Sure cool, now get a lighter and stop that fraying before it gets out of hand.
Terry, will do. It looked a lot worse than it was on initial viewing. I can confirm that the strap doesn't discolor much, if at all, when exposed to 2190 lube oil.
did you say lube???? :whistle: :rock:

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Minordamage wrote:
did you say lube???? :whistle: :rock:
Strapons and lube :smack: :monkeypiss: :stir: :o
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 pm

I'll get lube pictures next assessment.
Josh

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:23 am

Oh, and Moish, I'm glad the thread is making you happy.
Josh

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Hoppy, I was up in Washington State. Everett to be exact, but I didn't have much free time. The TN performed admirably monitoring evolutions and drills. Only a couple pictures...

Central Control Station (CCS) during drills. Propulsion and Auxiliary Control Console on the right (Main engines, seawater service pumps, controllable pitch propellers, etc) and the Electric Plant Control Console on the left (Gas Turbine Generators)

The RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat) ride ashore on the final day. Washington State is gorgeous. Period.
Josh

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:03 pm

https://vimeo.com/157686795

Hopefully the video shows up. I know a lot of the DWC membership loves Karoake. Last night in Everett and this dude was high as a kite, dancing outside the bar. He then came inside and put it down...
Josh

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Next time you're steaming this way give me a text with some notice (PM inbound).

BTW, how did the TN hold up during the interaction with the other seamen on board?

:lol:

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Minordamage wrote:
The RHIB (Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat) ride ashore on the final day. Washington State is gorgeous. Period.
Glad you had a chance to see some of the evergreen state. Good stuff in this thread.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:16 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Next time you're steaming this way give me a text with some notice (PM inbound).

BTW, how did the TN hold up during the interaction with the other seamen on board?

DWC/ToxicNATO Bukkake GTG Test!
only accurate watches are interesting

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:19 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Next time you're steaming this way give me a text with some notice (PM inbound).

I'll let you know. We were doing the final certification of the training cycle which requires underway time and is far less predictable than others as far as free time is concerned. The wife and I plan to make it back up here sometime this year, so I'll keep you posted.
Josh

aaronequalsgaron

Post by aaronequalsgaron » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Great thread and great Darth tuna you got there sir. *salute*

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:46 am

great report --- thanks for your service....
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Awesome Josh, be safe and watch out for one of those crazy GTG's Wayne mentioned

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Minordamage wrote:Hoppy, I was up in Washington State. Everett to be exact, but I didn't have much free time. The TN performed admirably monitoring evolutions and drills. Only a couple pictures...

Central Control Station (CCS) during drills. Propulsion and Auxiliary Control Console on the right (Main engines, seawater service pumps, controllable pitch propellers, etc) and the Electric Plant Control Console on the left (Gas Turbine Generators)

That's cool. I was an ET so I never got to go below main deck too much and see that stuff. I missed getting to wear the fatigues as well.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:15 pm

marchone wrote:

Wayne, I am not sure if you ever saw my post from my first month in Japan. I asked for an English menu at a local Udon/Soba place and they handed me an iPad. This is a picture of the screen (notice the lack of ingredients on the double or triple)...

Josh

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:21 pm

^ :lol:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:27 pm

josh I would have order the triple and then a double for later on

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:08 pm

Minordamage wrote:Hoppy, I was up in Washington State. Everett to be exact, but I didn't have much free time. The TN performed admirably monitoring evolutions and drills. Only a couple pictures...

Like Hoppy said, give a shout when you're back in Washington. I was literally just across the water on Whidbey from NS Everett. Have done a little work over there in the past.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Will do
Josh

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:12 pm

Aside from the arduous desk diving duties when I'm in the office writing reports, the TN continues to hold up well. I had some travel to Hawaii over Easter...Tough, I know, followed by a couple other assessments.

On an interesting note, I was conducting an inspection and had a DCC ( Damage Controlman Chief Petty Officer) who randomly calls out, "Nice tuna can, sir". I let him look the watch over for a bit while I completed the checks and told him about DWC as well as shilling a bit for Terry. He had just received a Marathon and spends time on the other watch forum. Hopefully he will find his way over here.

Intake side of the LM2500 GTM (Engine in my signature line). You can see the first stage blades or "Inlet Guide Vanes".

Inside the GTM module. Sorry for the slightly potato quality pic. I thought the focus was better than it turned out to be.

Standing on top of the two GTM modules. You can see both engines through the top hatches.

The Main Reduction Gear. This reduces the input from the engines down from approximately 3800 RPMs at the power turbine to 168 RPMs at the ship's props when running at full power with a flank bell ordered.

Until next time...
Josh

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:29 pm

^ :lol:

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:23 am

Minordamage wrote:
marchone wrote:

Wayne, I am not sure if you ever saw my post from my first month in Japan. I asked for an English menu at a local Udon/Soba place and they handed me an iPad. This is a picture of the screen (notice the lack of ingredients on the double or triple)...

Hilarious.
only accurate watches are interesting

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:41 am

Josh nice to hear from you again with the combo. Keep kicking it!!!

Minordamage

Post by Minordamage » Tue May 03, 2016 12:47 pm

I'm not dead...neither is the TN. Below is me inside the MT30 Gas Turbine module. These are newer engines for the Navy and are based on the Rolls Royce Trent 800 Aero Engine. Compared to the LM2500s pictured earlier, this thing is massive (Tuna and TN on the wrist):

Josh