New Bremont Supersonic LEs!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

New Bremont Supersonic LEs!

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:13 pm

New Bremont Supersonic LEs

Bremont just released their best watches yet, the new Supersonic limited editions dedicated to the last flight of the Concorde.

As we speculated, this new Supersonic LE has a new movement, unrelated to any of their ETA or Valjoux movements, or their Wright Flyer/Jaguar MK I movements. Bremont is calling this their “modified” calibre BE-11M, so it’s safe to say that this movement is probably a collaborative effort between Bremont and another company, almost certainly LJP (La Joux-Perret). But regardless of its origin, it’s quite remarkable. If you look closely, you can see the outline of the Concorde in the shape of the bridges.

For one thing, it’s hand wound, which is a huge plus for us at TLW, but for another, it has an amazing 8 day power reserve, in addition to a power reserve complication. Interestingly, it has a frequency of 21,600 BPH and is quite thin at 4.8mm. Perhaps most importantly, it’s gorgeous. This is a huge win for Bremont, but we’re all still waiting for their proprietary movements to trickle down into more affordable full-production models. For the foreseeable future, your only path to a unique Bremont movement is through one of their limited editions. That said, this is, in my opinion, by far their most attractive LE yet, so this isn’t a bad way to get it.

The dial on all three new watches is gorgeous. It’s something of a combination of an old-school pilot’s watch dial with dress watch elements. The numerals, for instance, are simple and highly legible, yet the dial incorporates a nice sunburst effect and multiple complications. In some ways it reminds me of the AIRCO Mach 1 & 2 but with a dressier look.

The finishing on the dial appears to be great, with this beautiful textured subdial and subtle curvature of the date window. The texture appears to be a repeating pattern based on the shape of the Concorde.

The Concorde-related branding is very subtle. Notice this cool red 12:00 indicator in the shape of the Concorde, for instance.

With regard the case, Bremont has chosen to go with a fairly conservative design, but as usual, it’s 43mm. The production numbers (and cost) vary by which metal you choose. 300 pieces will be made of the steel model ($12,495), 100 rose gold ($22,495), and another 100 white gold ($23,995). Each incorporates a small ring of aluminum from Alpha Bravo, the last Concorde.

Please call 214-494-4241 to pre-order yours, or click one of the images to below to learn more about that particular watch.

pbj204
Name: Paul

Re: New Bremont Supersonic LEs!

Post by pbj204 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:29 pm

I like the back better than the front. Front is ok, but it doesn't say $12k to me.

TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:33 pm

It is a very pretty movement for sure.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Nice looking movement and clever use of the Concorde motif in the bridges. But I can't see ever spending $12K on a Bremont.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Their LE pricing is always whack.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Yep, bridgework is the best part by far.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Nice dial- just not feeling it at 12k...

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Really beautiful movement. Like the 12 hour marker and of course, the case is awesome. To dressy for me and crazy price.

I would love to add Bremont back to the stable, but there is nothing I like from them currently.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:13 pm

BacoNoir wrote:Yep, bridgework is the best part by far.
Isn’t this pretty much true of all of their LEs? The movement is the best looking part of the watch.