Bremont's New 2018 Models

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Bremont's New 2018 Models

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:53 am

Bremont just released their new 2018 collection! In this new set of watches, you’ll find Supermarines, U-2s, ALT1-Cs and AIRCOs, but let’s start with the new limited edition, the Endurance.

The new Endurance is a limited edition of 300 pieces and is available either with the orange strap you see here or a bracelet, and both come with an additional rubber Temple Island strap.

Named in honour of Shackleton’s most famous expedition – one which saw him rescue his entire crew after his ship ‘Endurance’ was crushed in the sea ice – the route of which Ben was retracing solo, the name is of course also a nod to the company maxim of being ‘Tested Beyond Endurance’. Shackleton getting his men back alive is one of the greatest stories of human endeavour and leadership, qualities Ben has certainly demonstrated over his twelve expeditions in the polar regions, having covered more than 7,000km north of the Arctic circle and South of the Antarctic circle since 2001. Naturally, the timepiece had to be able to withstand the extreme climate conditions of the Antarctic continent, being worn on the outside of Ben’s jacket to serve as a crucial navigational device with its GMT hand. The black dial together with its robust bi-directional rotating sapphire bezel features orange compass heading markers, complementing the North indicator on the GMT hand, all designed for ease of navigation and clarity against the stark white of Antarctica.

Having already tried and tested the Terra Nova walking 1,800 miles across Antarctica, to the South Pole and back, Saunders was keen to be involved in as much of the design process as possible, insisting on titanium again for its obvious lightweight advantages. Knowing the level of micro engineering that goes into these mechanical machines and how beautifully finished the Bremont movements are, Ben also felt strongly that the Endurance should have an exhibition case back. To that end Bremont designed a new back, one which was robust enough to enable the watch to still reach depths of 500m and still be able to function in the rigorous climate conditions of the Antarctic plateau. The development for the thicker case back came from a military project, drawing on the experience gained from the brand’s links and work in this area. Only being made in a limited run of 300 pieces, the Endurance features new contemporary styling on the applied indexes and comes on an orange nato strap.

The Endurance features a 43mm titanium case, a sapphire compass bezel, and, of course, a GMT complication. It’s a limited edition model of 300 and the orange strap version is priced at $6,395. Official pricing of the model on bracelet hasn’t been announced yet, but expect it to be slightly more. You can pre-order the orange strap version here or the bracelet version here.

My personal favorite is the new ALT1-C/BL. I really like the combination of the blue dial and silver subdials with subtle red accents. This year’s new ALT1-Cs are also, perhaps more importantly, sans-numeral, using simple hour markers instead. The new ALT1-C/BL is $6,495 and you can pre-order yours here.

The similar ALT-1/WH-BK keeps the red accents and high-contrast subdials of the ALT1-C/BL, as well as its sans-numeral design. As a result, it creates an especially clean look, where the eyes are drawn to the space between and around the subdials. The ALT1-C/WH-BK is $6,495 and you can pre-order yours here.

Turning now to the Supermarines, we see the new S500/BL/2018. Fans of blue watches (like us) have got a lot to work with here, from a blue sunburst dial to a blue bezel, and accented, naturally, with a blue strap. It’s also the only new Bremont diver with a day-date complication. The S500/BL/2018 is available for $4,495 and can be pre-ordered here.

Now we move to the new Supermarine S500/BK/2018. This may be the best looking of the newer Supermarines, with an all-black dial and slight red accents. It skips the day-date found in the S500/BL/2018, as well as its 6/9/12 numerals, which creates a cleaner, more legible watch. Priced at $4,495, you can pre-order the S500/BK/2018 here.

The last new Supermarine we’ll look at today is the S501/BK, the only truly “vintage” piece of the collection. It also skips the day-date and numerals in favor of a more austere dial with aged lume and gold accents. The 43mm S501/BK is available for $4,775 and can be pre-ordered here.

One of the more interesting offerings of 2018 is the new U-2/51-JET. This particular model is inspired by the U-2 spy plane (of course), but the all-black design apparently comes from the No. 100 Squadron RAF.

Most interesting of all is that the blacked-out theme continues to the back of the watch, where the movement is placed behind a smoked crystal. The U-2/51-JET will cost $5,395 and can be pre-ordered here.

Last but not least we arrive at the new AIRCO models, which include a Mach 1, 2 & 3. To begin with, however, we’ll look at the utilitarian MACH1/WH. It’s a very understated design and, more importantly, offers a white dial variant for the original black Mach 1. The AIRCO models are among Bremont’s most affordable, and this particular model is $3,895. You can pre-order the AIRCO MACH1/WH here.

More elegant and less utilitarian is the classic Mach 2. It features a nice matte white dial accented by applied Arabic numerals. The price for this model is $3,895 and you can pre-order it here.

Finally, we get to the last known 2018 Bremont release, the AIRCO MACH 3. This is the simplest and cleanest of the AIRCO line, skipping numerals entirely. Thanks to its blue dial and strap, however, it never feels boring. Priced at $3,895, you can pre-order yours here.

If you’d like to see every Bremont 2018 model in one convenient place, please click here to be taken to our new Bremont 2018 page.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Bremont's New 2018 Models

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:13 pm

Do those blue ones have a black date wheel? If so, they should have used the money spent on their jaguar tour of the USA to buy some matching date wheels.

TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 pm

I'm not really sure if they're dark blue or black, I'll have to see them in person.

But since the watch industry in general seems to hate matching date rings for reasons unknown, it wouldn't surprise me if it were black.

3migo
Name: Russell

Post by 3migo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:25 pm

I dig that new blue Airco. Also really dig the Endurance, but those 43mm Bremont are just too big for me to handle.

Luckily we've got a Bremont AD here in town, hopefully I can try on some of these in the near future.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 pm

I cannot warm up to the new SM500 case. It looks terrible in all the pics I've seen. Maybe that's why you rarely see them for sale. All they needed to do was slim down the old case some and they would've continued to have good success.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:23 am

Not bad overall- I like the dial of the S501... The Endurance is kind of cool but would like it without the "Z" on the GMThand, Is there a reason why the ALT1 C's are $6500? Thanks for posting.

amiga500
Name: Andy

Post by amiga500 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:35 pm

That Endurance is stunning. Managed to see one in the flesh at the recent Townhouse and pretty much pre-ordered there and then. Bring on May.

1watchaholic
Name: Gary

Post by 1watchaholic » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:33 am

Some nice pieces in the 2018 line up!
Among Addictions…None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Would love to give Bremont my money again but my MBII was an absolute lemon.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:14 pm

I think I'd prefer one of the new Breitlings to anything Bremont makes... and that's saying something.

Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Post by Bradystraps » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 pm

The Supermarine Vintage is just lovely. But I always find myself feeling their watches are just a tad overpriced and that stops me from pulling the trigger on one.

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Bradystraps wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:48 pm
The Supermarine Vintage is just lovely. But I always find myself feeling their watches are just a tad overpriced and that stops me from pulling the trigger on one.
True of anything Swiss really.

I picked up one of the first series of Supermarine and its remained a firm favourite. One of the best dive watches I've owned. I had a problem with the bezel getting stiff and had to send the watch to the service centre in Sydney (other side of Australia) but the repair was done quickly and without fuss under warranty.

Nothing bad to say about Bremont as an owner.