New Bremont Military LE: USAF A-10 Warthog

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: New Bremont Military LE: USAF A-10 Warthog

Post by BBK357 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm totally in the middle. I have nothing against the brand but anytime you have a bunch of hyper fan boys shooting rainbows out their asses it gets annoying and makes you not care about the brand.

That being said I know 2 things about Bremont-

#1 I would give both nuts for this watch. I absolutely love the style in general, dial and hands are a work of art.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:03 pm

That was Fn funny as hell. As for the hyper fan boys, what's the diff with that and the many here who feel that way about Rolex, or Seiko, or any others really.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:50 pm

BBK357 wrote:I'm totally in the middle. I have.....a bunch of hyper fan boys shooting rainbows out their asses......
Not the first time you've been "totally in the middle" now is it?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413435023.830735.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:36 am

lilhoody wrote:One thing I never liked about the JLC NS line was the branding...I never got used to it. That said, I've owned two. The only reason I did/would was because the branding was hidden in the back.
Similarly, I had reservations about the Speedy Pro Moonwatch's ad space but also got over it as it's only on the caseback.
only accurate watches are interesting

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:47 am

marchone wrote:
lilhoody wrote:One thing I never liked about the JLC NS line was the branding...I never got used to it. That said, I've owned two. The only reason I did/would was because the branding was hidden in the back.
Similarly, I had reservations about the Speedy Pro Moonwatch's ad space but also got over it as it's only on the caseback.
The IWC Top Gun is similarly lame.

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:51 am

Agreed. They really ruined the first one. In color no less.

"Hey! Look at me! I'm a Tom Cruise fanboy!"
only accurate watches are interesting

AntonioPD
Name: Tony

Post by AntonioPD » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:34 am

BBK357 wrote:I'm totally in the middle. I have nothing against the brand but anytime you have a bunch of hyper fan boys shooting rainbows out their asses it gets annoying and makes you not care about the brand.

#1 I would give both nuts for this watch. I absolutely love the style in general, dial and hands are a work of art.

#1 to balance out some of the "rainbows," the P-51 is not my favorite Bremont; I've seen it in person and find it difficult to read the info on the dial. But maybe my eyes are just getting old.

#2 Aren't subforums there for comment on the brands - good or bad - (haters are invited to start threads too)? If not I can move all my fanboy Bremont posts to Alt1tude or ATG.

I'd rather hang with you nutters.

:HTFU:
Resistance is the indicator of progress.
- Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, Seiko Save the Ocean Turtle, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

dshap
Favorite shirt size: Schmedium.
Name: David

Post by dshap » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:36 am

I don't really like the LE's, but at least they are true limited editions (unlike other brands for whom limited edition means 2000 pieces :rolleyes: ).

The commissioned watches are another story. They're only for unit members and not available to the public, so if the military guys want to buy them (and many clearly do), why should any of us have a problem with that? It's just like if they ordered some custom embroidered caps with their insignia on them.
-David

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:38 am

ericf4 wrote:That was Fn funny as hell. As for the hyper fan boys, what's the diff with that and the many here who feel that way about Rolex, or Seiko, or any others really.

I think we make fun of all fanboys of which all of us are at one point or another-that's pretty much the point of DWC IMO.

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:05 am

Either you like it or you don't. I do. Both sides don't need 4 (and likely more) pages to convince the other that they are right.

To borrow from Murrow: civilized individuals do not insist upon agreement with their watch principals as a precondition for conversation or friendship.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:20 am

moishlashen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:That was Fn funny as hell. As for the hyper fan boys, what's the diff with that and the many here who feel that way about Rolex, or Seiko, or any others really.

I think we make fun of all fanboys of which all of us are at one point or another-that's pretty much the point of DWC IMO.
I think this is right. I obviously have my brands that I love. When you're a fan of a particular brand, you have a tendency to look at it through rose colored glasses (the great stuff is AWESOME, the good stuff is GREAT, the okay stuff is GOOD, and the bad stuff is "well, it wouldn't be my choice, but I still love the brand and think they're AWESOME"). We're all susceptible to it, no matter how hard we try to stay objective.

Personally, I like some of Bremont's designs and don't like others. By all accounts, their customer service is outstanding, and they seem to have a passion for what they're doing. I was definitely put off by the "in house movement" fiasco, but not enough to make me give up on the brand. From an admittedly small sample size, it seems like folks have to avail themselves of Bremont's terrific customer service a bit too often for my tastes.

Kobold, on the other hand... :stir:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:23 am

JBZ wrote:
moishlashen wrote:

I think this is right. I obviously have my brands that I love. When you're a fan of a particular brand, you have a tendency to look at it through rose colored glasses (the great stuff is AWESOME, the good stuff is GREAT, the okay stuff is GOOD, and the bad stuff is "well, it wouldn't be my choice, but I still love the brand and think they're AWESOME"). We're all susceptible to it, no matter how hard we try to stay objective.

Personally, I like some of Bremont's designs and don't like others. By all accounts, their customer service is outstanding, and they seem to have a passion for what they're doing. I was definitely put off by the "in house movement" fiasco, but not enough to make me give up on the brand. From an admittedly small sample size, it seems like folks have to avail themselves of Bremont's terrific customer service a bit too often for my tastes.

I can't say I've heard a great deal of "my Bremont is broken" stories. Most of their good CS stories seem to be more like "I contacted them for something and they sent me something else for free".

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:07 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
moishlashen wrote:

I can't say I've heard a great deal of "my Bremont is broken" stories. Most of their good CS stories seem to be more like "I contacted them for something and they sent me something else for free".
That's actually not a bad thing.... Better then I was setting the time and my crown pulled out or watch was not within COSC spec complaints.

AntonioPD
Name: Tony

Post by AntonioPD » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:09 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
moishlashen wrote:

This post, and Mike's (as usual) literary one, pretty well sum it up!

Jacob, I've only purchased one watch from an AD in my life and that's my Bremont ALT1-C; all the rest of my watches were pre-owned. I had a pretty serious problem with mine - which Bremont went above and beyond to rectify; and yes they gave me a small gift for my troubles.

I'm ready to HTFU and take abuse for being a fanboy! :grin: But I don't "love everything about Bremont" - in fact, here are ten things I don't like about them:

1. The BC and F series from their original line weren't great - as is suggested by the fact that Bremont no longer make them; I think they recovered well with the Solo.

2. Of the ALT watches, I find the tri-compax ones a little too busy; this is why I purchased an ALT1-C.

3. They overreached themselves with the self-aligning screw-down crown on the original ALT series - it was a cool idea but too problematic to produce; kudos to Bremont for pulling back from that.

4. I'm not a fan of the lume on the S500s; I do, however, love the S2000.

5. I've already said I find the P-51 difficult to read in the metal; ditto on the EP120. The Victory, Code Breaker and Wright Flyer, on the other hand, are all beautifully wrought.

6. Tom Cruise wears a Bremont; I can't blame the brand for capitalizing on celebrity interest, but Cruise isn't my idea of a good endorsement (though, I must admit, he makes great movies.)

7. Other than the Solo 37mm Gold, which I can't afford, they don't make a watch that The Skirt would wear.

8. The ALT1-B, though very tacticool, is - again - too difficult to read for me.

9. Quality control may be strained by their quick growth (I read a report that in 2013 they had an 80% increase in inventory turnover) and move of production from Switzerland to the UK; I fully expect them to get that sorted.

10. It has to be said; the in-house movement comments were a blunder (as Nick has admitted). But I spoke with Nick at length about this in July and - unless I'm completely besotted by his charm and the romance of the brand - I believe it was an honest misstep, rather than a calculated lie to promote Wright Flyer sales.

Other than that ... :love: :uj:
Resistance is the indicator of progress.
- Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, Seiko Save the Ocean Turtle, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:11 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
moishlashen wrote:

I believe Tony had to have the entire case of his watch replaced because of a poorly drilled strap hole in one of the lugs (correct me if I'm wrong Tony). I seem to remember something else, but I could be incorrect. And, hey, every brand has QC issues - if memory serves another member had to send their relatively new AP in for service because the timing was off.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:13 am

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 am

AntonioPD wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
moishlashen wrote:

6. Tom Cruise wears a Bremont; I can't blame the brand for capitalizing on celebrity interest, but Cruise isn't my idea of a good endorsement (though, I must admit, he makes great movies.)
Ok, the fanboy'ism I can understand. This however :shock: :lol:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:14 am

AntonioPD wrote:
BBK357 wrote:I'm totally in the middle. I have nothing against the brand but anytime you have a bunch of hyper fan boys shooting rainbows out their asses it gets annoying and makes you not care about the brand.

#1 to balance out some of the "rainbows," the P-51 is not my favorite Bremont; I've seen it in person and find it difficult to read the info on the dial. But maybe my eyes are just getting old.

#2 Aren't subforums there for comment on the brands - good or bad - (haters are invited to start threads too)? If not I can move all my fanboy Bremont posts to Alt1tude or ATG.

I'd rather hang with you nutters.

:HTFU:

For the record my #2 was deleted.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:16 am

rockmastermike wrote:Image

No clue what the busty chic pic is about. but it makes this thread more enjoyable.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:17 am

ericf4 wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:Image

No clue what the busty chic pic is about. but it makes this thread more enjoyable.
The open mouth is a nice touch.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:19 am

I'm waiting for RMM so say "oops i accidentally posted a pic of my wife".......then we would be like Ooops sorry......I meant she seems like a great gal.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 am

ericf4 wrote:I'm waiting for RMM so say "oops i accidentally posted a pic of my wife".......then we would be like Ooops sorry......I meant she seems like a great gal.
If that's his wife, I suspect he's too happy to give a shit about what we said.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:22 am

^ Is she the one that's gonna be giving the BJ to the Bremont fanb... I mean owners??!?!?!

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:24 am

Rules, gentlemen:
1) Buy the Seller
2) Don't look at your watch with a loupe
3) If a thread gets to 4 pages it has to contain boobs at some point

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:25 am

Joeprez wrote:^ Is she the one that's gonna be giving the BJ to the Bremont fanb... I mean owners??!?!?!
That would be the only reasonable explanation for the crazy price on the Wright Flyer.