Bremont Movement...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
lilhoody
Black Darin
Name: BD

Re: Bremont Movement...

Post by lilhoody » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:03 pm

andrema wrote:So, they should completely remove any mention of in-house movement from their websites, etc., because it just isn't the case. They just supply parts for the movement to La Joux-Perret, who manufactures a large percentage of the movement and assembles it for Bremont.

Am I missing anything here?
A large glass of Koolaid?

jimyritz wrote:
JBZ wrote:If they have in fact sold out, I find that fascinating, but hardly surprising.
==========
Just like Matt said, whole different demographic...

I think there is a group of collectors who would like to see a true in-house like the P-51 or EP120 (non LE) for under $10K...
And, deserve to. The cost of this should not be wholly passed along to the consumer, IMO.

marchone wrote:Red Bar should be interesting tomorrow if Nick English shows up as expected.

I suspect the amount of tab he picks up will determine the influence he buys.
Last edited by lilhoody on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Men are ruled by toys"
Napoleon Bonaparte

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:32 pm

With full disclosure they bought me a drink. That said, I believe they made a mistake and they know it now. But it was a mistake, not an intentional deception.

They haven't sold it out. If I understood correctly, allotments have been made for distribution. Perhaps Adam will correct me.
only accurate watches are interesting

FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Post by FlyPenFly » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:01 pm

After the huge amount of flak Tag got for their "in house" chrono, I didn't think anyone would make the same mistake again.

But then people who buy most Tags probably don't follow watch forums and maybe that's true of bremont as well. Rightly or wrongly bremont takes a lot of shit from people for no real reason other than people like to be dicks online, especially the British. Something about Bremont really brings out the hate in people.

I guess it's possibly the same as my irrational loathing of Drew Barrymore. I can't rationally explain it but I refuse to see any movies with her in it.

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:54 pm

:love: I effing love Drew Barrymore.

But I get it: I just can't get behind Tom Cruise, even if he constantly surprises me with a better performance than I expect, every time, by far.

I gotta learn to stop betting against that little prick.
:lol:

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Post by Terpits » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Sidheguitarist wrote::love: I effing love Drew Barrymore.

But I get it: I just can't get behind Tom Cruise, even if he constantly surprises me with a better performance than I expect, every time, by far.

I gotta learn to stop betting against that little prick.
:lol:
:roll:
:rimshot:

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:28 pm

if you expect cruise to suck, it doesn't take much of a performance to surprise you. ;)

i think he's a lot like jack nicholson. he's basically one character. it's just that nicholson's one character is a whole lot cooler than cruise's.