Oh no! I've caught Bremont Fever!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
1watchaholic
Name: Gary

Re: Oh no! I've caught Bremont Fever!

Post by 1watchaholic » Tue May 20, 2014 3:59 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:Mr Anal probably requires a good crown gasket, so it was a smart choice.
Jacob you my friend are very knowledgeable of watch workmanship :geek: ...or a psychic!! I woke up this morning with an email from Bremont...(BOHICA) :bootyshake: a $700 work order to repair the threading mechanism which is causing the watch to NOT be water resistant! :doh: The only good news it will only take 6 weeks to complete the job giving me enough time to hopefully come up with the dough. :pray:
Among Addictions…None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue May 20, 2014 8:28 pm

700 for a crown and gasket??? Your kidding right? Does this include a full service also?

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:53 pm

toxicavenger wrote:700 for a crown and gasket??? Your kidding right? Does this include a full service also?
I certainly hope so!
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

1watchaholic

Post by 1watchaholic » Tue May 20, 2014 10:01 pm

I can't assume anything so I just left them a message asking does this include full service. From the original quote from Bremont, "...it has been found that the timepiece is not water resistant due to the crown tube being threaded and that the watch requires the following work: Replacement of Case Middle $720 including Labor."

1watchaholic

Post by 1watchaholic » Wed May 21, 2014 8:17 am

Thanks guys for having me check this out! Customer Service clarified the bill. The watch will be fully serviced, regulated, water tested threading unit replaced, new crown for $360. The additional $360 is for a total new case for the watch. They don't polish the cases they say the SS is produced in such a way and is so hard that polishings do not come out well. So now my choice is do I go for the new case or let it ride? Choices? Choices :shrug: Any thoughts?

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Wed May 21, 2014 8:25 am

How bad is the case? Are you going to keep for a while? Then I'd do the case, too.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Wed May 21, 2014 8:42 am

1watchaholic wrote:
ericf4 wrote:thx for clarifying....
No problem! Now find me a White Solo! :-)
Like this? Image
:-D
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

1watchaholic

Post by 1watchaholic » Wed May 21, 2014 8:48 am

jeckyll wrote:
1watchaholic wrote:
ericf4 wrote:thx for clarifying....
No problem! Now find me a White Solo! :-)
Like this? Image
:-D
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :stir:
Last edited by 1watchaholic on Wed May 21, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

1watchaholic

Post by 1watchaholic » Wed May 21, 2014 8:50 am

jimyritz wrote:How bad is the case? Are you going to keep for a while? Then I'd do the case, too.
It's not a beater but it has taken some love licks. I think this one is a keeper for sure. :thumbsup:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed May 21, 2014 9:19 am

1watchaholic wrote:Thanks guys for having me check this out! Customer Service clarified the bill. The watch will be fully serviced, regulated, water tested threading unit replaced, new crown for $360. The additional $360 is for a total new case for the watch. They don't polish the cases they say the SS is produced in such a way and is so hard that polishings do not come out well. So now my choice is do I go for the new case or let it ride? Choices? Choices :shrug: Any thoughts?
That's super reasonable for a new mid-case. Some weirdo on TRF was quoting around $2,500 for a SS Rolex mid-case. I'd change it out for sure since the watch will be practically new, assuming there won't be an issue with losing serial numbers (like on a Rolex).

1watchaholic

Post by 1watchaholic » Wed May 21, 2014 9:46 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
1watchaholic wrote:Thanks guys for having me check this out! Customer Service clarified the bill. The watch will be fully serviced, regulated, water tested threading unit replaced, new crown for $360. The additional $360 is for a total new case for the watch. They don't polish the cases they say the SS is produced in such a way and is so hard that polishings do not come out well. So now my choice is do I go for the new case or let it ride? Choices? Choices :shrug: Any thoughts?
That's super reasonable for a new mid-case. Some weirdo on TRF was quoting around $2,500 for a SS Rolex mid-case. I'd change it out for sure since the watch will be practically new, assuming there won't be an issue with losing serial numbers (like on a Rolex).
Dude you are impressing me! I've never heard of "the middle case" and you're nailing the servicing lingo. So after using a lifeline to hear from Jacob the expert, I did a "Nike" and told them to Just Do It! :thumbsup: Now all I need is $700 bucks! :roll:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed May 21, 2014 10:34 am

1watchaholic wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
Dude you are impressing me! I've never heard of "the middle case" and you're nailing the servicing lingo. So after using a lifeline to hear from Jacob the expert, I did a "Nike" and told them to Just Do It! :thumbsup: Now all I need is $700 bucks! :roll:
Always happy to help, so long as my quota of being a meany head has been filled :thumbsup:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed May 21, 2014 12:15 pm

For what they are including I'd go for the full meal deal. That really says a lot about Bremont. I'm even more impressed now!

mattjmcd
Name: Matt

Post by mattjmcd » Thu May 22, 2014 8:54 pm

rockmastermike wrote:Your pictures really show off the dial, I'd even think about flipping the cream dial to try an anthracite just based off your pictures. And yeah, the grey strap looks awesome.
DON"T DO IT!!! The cream dial is too good, man! :o