Bremont news

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Re: Bremont news

Post by Jeep99dad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:17 pm

The more I see it the more I maintain the GMT hand just doesn't work in style or color. They should just leave the SM alone as a 3-hander. They have other models that'd work better as a GMT IMHO. It does look like an afterthought. And I do love Bremont, don't get me wrong. The textures of the dial and hands design... It ends up being just a mismatch like "hey, let's throw a GMT hand in this thing "
Last edited by Jeep99dad on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:18 pm

jeckyll wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
bzabodyn wrote:As many Bremont nut-huggers as they're are on this site, I'm surprised we don't have a Bremont forum (myself included in said nut-hugger category) - love the idea if Ti on this one, but the GMT hand is too much of an afterthought on an otherwise perfect dive watch.

BZ
True. :think:
If only you knew someone in power M@.

Seriously though, I think we don't need shitloads of sub forums. :shrug:

... tooooo late

We trimmed a bit recently. Might do it again..... I don't think anyone actually browses by subforum except those new to the forum, right?

Really, the only two categories we really need for regular members are: 1) Watch Discussions, and 2) Other Stuff :)
:htfu:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:The more I see it the more I maintain the GMT hand just doesn't work in style or color. They should just leave the SM alone as a 3-hander. They other models that's work better as a GMT IMHO. It does looks like an afterthought. And I do love Bremont, don't get me wrong. The textures of the dial and hands design... It hands up being just a mismatch like "hey, let's throw a GMT hand in this thing "
The GMT hand at LEAST should be red, not yellow or whatever color that is.
:htfu:

dshap
Favorite shirt size: Schmedium.
Name: David

Post by dshap » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:27 pm

matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
bzabodyn wrote:As many Bremont nut-huggers as they're are on this site, I'm surprised we don't have a Bremont forum (myself included in said nut-hugger category) - love the idea if Ti on this one, but the GMT hand is too much of an afterthought on an otherwise perfect dive watch.

BZ
True. :think:
If only you knew someone in power M@.

Seriously though, I think we don't need shitloads of sub forums. :shrug:

... tooooo late

We trimmed a bit recently. Might do it again..... I don't think anyone actually browses by subforum except those new to the forum, right?

Really, the only two categories we really need for regular members are: 1) Watch Discussions, and 2) Other Stuff :)

Just make the "View Unread Posts" button larger :thumbsup:
-David

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:40 pm

matt.wu wrote:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391481110.916922.jpg

Thanks Matt :)

I agree, the GMT hand should be red - and different.

I'm guessing $7500-8500 MSRP, $6k+ street price. Unfortunately. :crybaby:

FlyPenFly
Name: Off, Jerk

Post by FlyPenFly » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:02 pm

craniotes wrote:Believe it it not, but Nick and Mike read this forum actively; however, after running into a bit of a rough patch on another forum a little while back, their policy – wisely, IMO – has been to leave the websites alone and concentrate on reaching out to their fans and clients personally.

Regards,
Adam
Seriously, it's a no win situation, people on the Internet are crazy everywhere and there's this pile on dynamic that's extremely unforgiving.

FlyPenFly

Post by FlyPenFly » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm

matt.wu wrote:
And 3) Babes forum

I do really appreciate simplicity though. Sparely populated forums always remind me of those giant empty cities China has built where nobody lives or an abandoned housing development.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:08 pm

FlyPenFly wrote:
craniotes wrote:Believe it it not, but Nick and Mike read this forum actively; however, after running into a bit of a rough patch on another forum a little while back, their policy – wisely, IMO – has been to leave the websites alone and concentrate on reaching out to their fans and clients personally.

Regards,
Adam
Seriously, it's a no win situation, people on the Internet are crazy everywhere and there's this pile on dynamic that's extremely unforgiving.
Very true. I recently invited the owner of one of the micro brands to stop by and introduce his new watch. No matter what you think of his watches, the guy is a gentleman. Within the first ten responses three long time DWC members felt the need to be rude and insulting.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

koda240
Hot Legs!
Name: David

Post by koda240 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Damn't, I had a long reply to this thread that I deleted accidentally. Anyhow, Bremont continues to impress me.

I agree that it's nice to have them around for representation here, but it's a huge risk from a brand management standpoint even with their flawless service and exceptional quality.

Eric, where did you find this news? I'd like to read more.

On the GMT. I feel the arrow is a bit heavy for the handset overall. Perhaps they could have use a smaller arrow or a more stylized version to more closely match the other hands.

I'd really like to get my hands on a Ti Supermarine. It's already a near perfect dive watch in SS in my opinion. Ti could be even better since I like the darker metal.

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:34 pm

The brand continues to impress - great customer service is key. I've been impressed with them for awhile.

Btw, finally getting back into the market and a Bremont is on the short list - alt1-c vs IWC 3777. A pilot chrono smack down. Any thoughts here from those with more experience with the brand would be appreciated.

FlyPenFly

Post by FlyPenFly » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:52 pm

goaliechris wrote:The brand continues to impress - great customer service is key. I've been impressed with them for awhile.

Btw, finally getting back into the market and a Bremont is on the short list - alt1-c vs IWC 3777. A pilot chrono smack down. Any thoughts here from those with more experience with the brand would be appreciated.

I know what I would choose but honestly, you're going to be a big winner either way so this is a no lose situation.

johnh1265

Post by johnh1265 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:56 pm

craniotes wrote:Mike's swinging by Red Bar Wednesday night, so let's see if I can get his gums flapping once we pour some booze into him... ;)

Regards,
Adam
How often are you at the Red Bar Adam,will be in the States in June and would like to catch up with a few of you DWC people,I don't mind a drink either!!!

Cheers

John

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:02 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:The more I see it the more I maintain the GMT hand just doesn't work in style or color. They should just leave the SM alone as a 3-hander. They other models that's work better as a GMT IMHO. It does looks like an afterthought. And I do love Bremont, don't get me wrong. The textures of the dial and hands design... It hands up being just a mismatch like "hey, let's throw a GMT hand in this thing "
The GMT hand at LEAST should be red, not yellow or whatever color that is.
It already reminds me of a gmt2 hand. In red it would be unmistakable,

craniotes
Thread Pooper
Name: Ad Rock

Post by craniotes » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:32 pm

johnh1265 wrote:
craniotes wrote:Mike's swinging by Red Bar Wednesday night, so let's see if I can get his gums flapping once we pour some booze into him... ;)

Regards,
Adam
How often are you at the Red Bar Adam,will be in the States in June and would like to catch up with a few of you DWC people,I don't mind a drink either!!!

Cheers

John
We throw down once a week, and any DWC member in good standing is automatically down with the crew. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Adam
CAPT. THREAD POOPER