General watch talk.
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Re: AHh Hell Bremont, I give in already

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:27 pm

dukerules wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Tomsimac wrote:after long talks with a salesman wearing one, I heard enough to stay away and just admire. Tales of expensive maintenance, oil filed case he had popped in an airplane as he tried to adjust time for new zone... on the ground yet after landing.
He loved it but lost it when his company stopped carrying it. A large well known store in South Coast Plaza, Newport Beach
Sounds like you found a salesman that didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.
Yep. Was he talking about another brand?
Sinn?? :scratch:
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:43 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
dukerules wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Tomsimac wrote:after long talks with a salesman wearing one, I heard enough to stay away and just admire. Tales of expensive maintenance, oil filed case he had popped in an airplane as he tried to adjust time for new zone... on the ground yet after landing.
He loved it but lost it when his company stopped carrying it. A large well known store in South Coast Plaza, Newport Beach
Sounds like you found a salesman that didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.
Regardless, I don't know what it means to have "popped" a watch. Why would this (whatever it is) happen when the wearer is adjusting the time? Is the airplane relevant? I don't know what "on the ground yet after landing" means. If you're on the ground, wouldn't that automatically mean you've landed? Also, I have no idea why the salesman would have lost the watch when his company stopped carrying it. Coincidence? What does one have to do with another?

I am puzzled (and obviously a bit punchy).

rain_maker
Name: Fred

Post by rain_maker » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
dukerules wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Sounds like it. Must be thinking about a UX

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 pm

JBZ wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
dukerules wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Regardless, I don't know what it means to have "popped" a watch...
Maybe he misheard and the guy "pooped" a watch. If that's the case, I can understand why he was butt hurt about it.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
dukerules wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Maybe he misheard and the guy "pooped" a watch. If that's the case, I can understand why he was butt hurt about it.
That's a rough way to carry an extra watch.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Ah ah!
The whole story didn't make sense to me either :)
Either way I'm pretty sure the oiled filled watch wasn't a Bremont
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:59 pm

This should be in the wtf r u drinking ????? thread.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:22 am

Torrid wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
JBZ wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
dukerules wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
That's a rough way to carry an extra watch.
It does solve the problem of having to take off your watch when going through airport security.