Post by hoppyjr » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:49 am

dukerules wrote:Image
Congrats Doc! Dibs. :grin:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Re: real-world experience of MM

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:35 am

dukerules wrote:My SBDX017 came in last week. I'm honeymooning, but I'm really enjoying it. All of the things that I didn't love about my SBDX001 don't seem to bother me at all 5 years later. I think the dial size is perfect (keeps it from wearing like a true 44mm piece), and I'm not finding it top-heavy at all, although I haven't yet put it on NATO. For some reason, I'm really liking the bracelet now, and I recall I sort of hated it on my last one. The depth of the dial is really appealing, giving the watch such 3D charm. And the sparkle and fit and finish really make this feel like a much more expensive piece than it actually is. Only problem I foresee is that it's going to be very difficult for me to wear a cheaper Seiko now, as this one is inexpensive enough that I think it probably deserves to be worn in many of the situations in which I would usually wear a beater Seiko. Anyway, for $1650, I'm incredibly happy.
If you like rubber straps do yourself a favor and try the Crafter Blue fitted strap. I absolutely love it, but I know some don't.

Wearing the bracelet never bothered me, but it definitely lightens the load.

dukerules

Re: real-world experience of MM

Post by dukerules » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Thinking about the CB. That said, I absolutely love this on the OEM waffle strap.