Just picked this one up...

Discussion of Seiko watches
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Just picked this one up...

Post by JDC222 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:41 am

Thought I’d try it on an OD Nato and/canvas and see if the dial is actually readable day and night. At this price, I am not too worried. :fro:

$318Cdn online from Hudson Bay.

All Seiko 5's :
https://www.thebay.com/search/EndecaSea ... ng=seiko+5

Last edited by JDC222 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Re: Just picked this one up...

Post by mattcantwin » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:19 am

Stealthy :thumbsup:

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:48 am

look forward to your real world pics, but based on that stock one, the "5" logo should have been the first thing they blacked out

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Nice! I was at the Bay in downtown TO the other day and saw this display, don't know what the prices were - tons of empty slots (a lot cut off in the pic), not sure if they have been selling a lot or just don't have that many? Sorry for the crap pic.

Send lawyers, guns and money...

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:24 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:Nice! I was at the Bay in downtown TO the other day and saw this display, don't know what the prices were - tons of empty slots (a lot cut off in the pic), not sure if they have been selling a lot or just don't have that many? Sorry for the crap pic.

According to the talk on CWC, The Bay can’t keep them in stock, both retail and online...weird. At $318, I’ll wear it as a work beater!
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

hidden by leaves

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:40 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:24 pm
hidden by leaves wrote:Nice! I was at the Bay in downtown TO the other day and saw this display, don't know what the prices were - tons of empty slots (a lot cut off in the pic), not sure if they have been selling a lot or just don't have that many? Sorry for the crap pic.

According to the talk on CWC, The Bay can’t keep them in stock, both retail and online...weird. At $318, I’ll wear it as a work beater!
Huh. That is a bit weird. Of course it may just be a switch from watch nerd appreciation of the "old" SKXs to a much larger appeal to mainstream society of these new models, or something. With all the variations and colours etc. some of these certainly are more... fashionable (but not yours Dave, that is pure badass, of course! :thumbsup: )

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:45 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:
JDC222 wrote:

Huh. That is a bit weird. Of course it may just be a switch from watch nerd appreciation of the "old" SKXs to a much larger appeal to mainstream society of these new models, or something. With all the variations and colours etc. some of these certainly are more... fashionable (but not yours Dave, that is pure badass, of course! :thumbsup: )
I guess we will see! I will let you know when I receive it. I can always just return it to the store if I don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Winston Churchill.

hidden by leaves

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:49 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:45 pm
hidden by leaves wrote:
JDC222 wrote:

I guess we will see! I will let you know when I receive it. I can always just return it to the store if I don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good stuff. Looking forward to your impressions.

Cheers,
Anthony

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:20 pm

right on my brother

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:06 pm

Cool
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Luckyshot
Name: Jose vasquez

Post by Luckyshot » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Nice choice and congrats

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Luckyshot wrote:Nice choice and congrats
That was 4 months ago and the watch has been gone for 2...lol
Winston Churchill.

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:31 am

JDC222 wrote:
Luckyshot wrote:Nice choice and congrats
That was 4 months ago and the watch has been gone for 2...lol
Ha. Say it isn’t so