Seiko modding time !

Discussion of Seiko watches
Danny_T
The T is for Tacky
Name: Danny

Seiko modding time !

Post by Danny_T » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:39 am

Well I got bit by the Seiko modding bug.

Saw a modded Seiko on IG and fell in love with it and had to have one. Messaged the guy and he told me he modded it andnita not for sale. He was kind enough to give me the details, parts list and where to get them.

I won’t post what the final watch is until I complete mine lol.

But here is the base. Just arrived Friday from Amazon.

All I really needed was the case and movt but couldn’t be bothered looking for just that so figured just grab a new one. This is a small watch! Baby 007 Image

All the mod parts are on order and look forward to getting it all and getting this bitch a full facelift Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Re: Seiko modding time !

Post by CesarG » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:49 am

First for 013 > 007

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:50 am

Subscribed

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:10 pm

I forgot to add the stock rubber strap is absolute shit. It’s super stiff and not very flexible. Prob the worst OEM rubber ever. Felt gross actually. Tossed it on the Nick Mankey hook elastic strap.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 pm

I should give this “modding” a try.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 pm

CGSshorty wrote:I should give this “modding” a try.
I’ve spent a good couple days googling places that supply stuff. I’ve made a list of you ever need it

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Danny_T wrote:
I’ve spent a good couple days googling places that supply stuff. I’ve made a list if you ever need it

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Tease.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Danny_T wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:10 pm
I forgot to add the stock rubber strap is absolute shit. It’s super stiff and not very flexible. Prob the worst OEM rubber ever. Felt gross actually. Tossed it on the Nick Mankey hook elastic strap.
The stock strap is some kind of plastic version. They suck balls. The Uncle Seiko GL strap rocks though.
Danny_T wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:37 pm
I’ve spent a good couple days googling places that supply stuff. I’ve made a list of you ever need it
Chris is fucking with you. Hell this dude has more modded watches then probably all of us together. You should have asked before ordering parts. So of us have a stash of parts. And some parts sellers suck balls. Good luck bro.

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Seiko modding time !

Post by Danny_T » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 pm

toxicavenger wrote: Chris is fucking with you. Hell this dude has more modded watches then probably all of us together. You should have asked before ordering parts. So of us have a stash of parts. And some parts sellers suck balls. Good luck bro.
I guess I shoulda Image

I think I did ok tho. The hardest part really was finding the fucking handset (hour and min hand) because the guy forgot where he got them. I found something close and also decided to try a few other handsets. They were dirt cheap so figured what the hell.

I’ll def ask next time. Thx for the heads up T-dawg

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:07 am

Danny_T wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: Chris is fucking with you. Hell this dude has more modded watches then probably all of us together. You should have asked before ordering parts. So of us have a stash of parts. And some parts sellers suck balls. Good luck bro.
I guess I shoulda Image

I think I did ok tho. The hardest part really was finding the fucking handset (hour and min hand) because the guy forgot where he got them. I found something close and also decided to try a few other handsets. They were dirt cheap so figured what the hell.

Most aftermarket hands are awful. What did you buy?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:07 am
Danny_T wrote:
I guess I shoulda Image

Agreed,stick with oem if you can.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 pm

I made the non-oem mistake on one of my turdle day wheels. The Saturday was black instead of oem blue, which drove me mad, so I had it replaced with the patina mod with oem kanji day wheels

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:35 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Danny_T wrote:
I guess I shoulda Image

I got a few different kinds and will put them against the new dial and see what’s fits best. My vision is for simple straight lumed baton hands. With a coloured second hand.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:44 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 pm
I made the non-oem mistake on one of my turdle day wheels. The Saturday was black instead of oem blue, which drove me mad, so I had it replaced with the patina mod with oem kanji day wheels
I noticed mine is that way, but I wasn’t sure if it was just because it’s a black date wheel. My new Tuna with black wheels has Saturday in blue though.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:42 am

The good news is that you don’t have to mod a Turtle. Just wait and Seiko will probably make a version of Turtle you were going to mod to

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Seiko modding time !

Post by Danny_T » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 pm

I bought this glidelock oyster bracelet from dhgate (made in China stuff) with the intent of putting it on my seaforth but when I tried it the endlinks were way to thick for seaforth. Another thing I noticed is that it was advertised without any logo or fake branding. The one I got was branded Rolex and is a straight copy lol. I only paid $37 CAD for it so I wasn’t as disappointed with it as I would be if I paid ginault bracelet prices.

What did piss me me off is when I went to size it one of the links had a stripped thread so the screw pin was just sitting there. And it’s on the link connected to the goddam clasp Image. So the bracelet is technically not useable. I messaged the seller and hopefully I can get a replacement.

Anywho, i put it on the SkX 013 and it looks pretty darn good. Not a perfect fit endlinks wise but IMO “good enough”.

Thoughts of the SKX-lex?

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Talk about knockoff LoL

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am

Little update. I received a few types of handsets and various seconds hands from esslinger. My crystals should be arriving today from crystaltimes (out for delivery). Its all this parts waiting that sucks. Stuff is coming from all over the place (Germany, Singapore, HK) I cant wait to get this thing its facelift. Hopefully most of the stuff starts arriving by the end of this week/next week.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Throw that bracelet away danny. You do not want to wearing any replica shit.

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:20 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Throw that bracelet away danny. You do not want to wearing any replica shit.
I know bro. I was pissed it arrived like this. It was advertised as unbranded. I have a suede strap for it I got on eBay that it’ll be on once the mods are done. This bracelet was supposed to be for the seaforth.

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm

Danny_T wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:20 pm
toxicavenger wrote:Throw that bracelet away danny. You do not want to wearing any replica shit.
This bracelet was supposed to be for the seaforth.
If you need an unsigned Oyster-style bracelet, a Ginault bracelet is a perfect fit on the Seaforth. Not cheap, but the clasp is damn nice.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

TSD wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm
Danny_T wrote:
This bracelet was supposed to be for the seaforth.
If you need an unsigned Oyster-style bracelet, a Ginault bracelet is a perfect fit on the Seaforth. Not cheap, but the clasp is damn nice.

Hadely Roma makes a nice one also. Basically any Sub aftermarket bracelet will work.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 pm

Danny_T wrote:
I know bro. I was pissed it arrived like this. It was advertised as unbranded. I have a suede strap for it I got on eBay that it’ll be on once the mods are done. This bracelet was supposed to be for the seaforth.

Really sucks. Looks like a nice bracelet, or at least nicer than most run of the mill.

Danny_T
The T is for Tacky

Post by Danny_T » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:58 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Danny_T wrote:

Really sucks. Looks like a nice bracelet, or at least nicer than most run of the mill.
It’s not bad and was $37 Canadian shipped so not a total loss. The endlinks were too thick for the seaforth. I may have my brother machine off the crown to unbranded it.