Hmmmmmm..... Astron might be going mainstream

Discussion of Seiko watches
Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Hmmmmmm..... Astron might be going mainstream

Post by Henryj » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:34 am

This on Seiko’s website. Not available until September, 41.4 mm, no ceramic bezel. Looks a bit GS almost. Read more here https://www.seikowatches.com/global-en/news/20190321-8
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

CGSshorty
Admin

Re: Hmmmmmm..... Astron might be going mainstream

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:52 am

Normal size pushers, too.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:26 pm

I wish they'd do an affordable Quartz Astron reissue in stainless steel.

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:22 pm

I’m curious about the case shape, myself. Looking at it head on, it almost looks like the case has sloped sides a la MM 300. Could be a more interesting case shape than one flat picture shows.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm

I think I need to see real world photos of this. If it’s GS quality finishing this could be a winner. With the lume this could be a great watch for work for me. My autos are pretty accurate but with it being radio controlled it would make confirming accuracy when I start working much quicker since it’s required to verify on my paperwork when I start. I wish there was a diver with a bezel that had atomic function that worked in the US. So far I’m only aware of Citizen doing it and they don’t work in the US.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Torrid wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:42 pm
With the lume this could be a great watch for work for me. My autos are pretty accurate but with it being radio controlled it would make confirming accuracy when I start working much quicker since it’s required to verify on my paperwork when I start.
Amusing railroad timekeeping anecdote: My father had an Orsa field watch that he found on the ground. Pretty amazing, seeing as they weren't mass produced. Anyway, it was flaky...stopping and starting, even with a fresh battery. Not realizing how cheap and easy it would be for me to swap in a new movement, he rolled over it with whatever engine he was at the throttle of that day...maybe even the entire consist, but I think he was on a yard job, so probably just the one engine. :lol: