President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Turdle bracelets and clasps.

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 am

Selym wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:26 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:17 am
Honestly since Uncle Seiko came around I stopped dealing with Strapcode unless I have too.
I've bought a few of these China-sourced solid-link bracelets made for Seiko cases from various vendors (e.g. Will Jean, Strapcode). In almost every case, there's been a small problem, such as a stiff link, stripped threads, or an end link that needs to be filed slightly in order to fit properly.

I was ok with this when they were going for $50-60. Not so much now that they're approaching $100.

Also, I can't put my finger on exactly why, but they all look a little "cheap".
I totally get what you are saying. In all honesty if Uncle Seiko didn't have such great service and continually strive to make better/improved editions of every product he sells I would probably not buy from anyone. But so far the Uncle Seiko products have been great.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:00 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 am
Selym wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Honestly since Uncle Seiko came around I stopped dealing with Strapcode unless I have too.
I've bought a few of these China-sourced solid-link bracelets made for Seiko cases from various vendors (e.g. Will Jean, Strapcode). In almost every case, there's been a small problem, such as a stiff link, stripped threads, or an end link that needs to be filed slightly in order to fit properly.

I was ok with this when they were going for $50-60. Not so much now that they're approaching $100.

I totally get what you are saying. In all honesty if Uncle Seiko didn't have such great service and continually strive to make better/improved editions of every product he sells I would probably not buy from anyone. But so far the Uncle Seiko products have been great.
To be clear, I've always had good results with Uncle Seiko products. It's the other vendors that I've had minor issues with.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 am

Selym wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:00 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 am
Selym wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:

To be clear, I've always had good results with Uncle Seiko products. It's the other vendors that I've had minor issues with.
Same here. :cheers: