MM300 being discontinued

Discussion of Seiko watches
User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by gonzomantis » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:55 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 pm
toxicavenger wrote:Dang, I want another MM but I know it won't fit me, like the last 4 times.
......and you won’t have anyone to do a trip-lock conversion.
:lol:

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40340
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 pm
toxicavenger wrote:Dang, I want another MM but I know it won't fit me, like the last 4 times.
......and you won’t have anyone to do a trip-lock conversion.
so true. :crybaby:

User avatar
giorgos mg
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:12 am
Name: Giorgos

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by giorgos mg » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Morethan1 wrote:I have a feeling pre-X seiko will become a thing as all their watches are getting the damn X.

The only one left will be our beloved skx007/009...

PS. I just hit 1000 posts :rock: :rock:
I agree

Seems that skx are the top vfm still

G


Alimamy
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 9:08 pm

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by Alimamy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Do it. I just got my second MM. My wrists are slim, but it looks fine and I like how it wears. Was actually pretty nice on a Toxic Nato.

Maaaaaaybe the SLA025 is the limited edition that signals the update to the MM, and we're getting an 8L55 upgrade. The green MM is just a one off like the blue dialed German LE. Hahahaha, if only...

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 4083
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by Seppia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:00 am

toxicavenger wrote:Dang, I want another MM but I know it won't fit me, like the last 4 times.
Same
Such a beautiful watch, just too damn thick

husabergangola
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:48 am

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by husabergangola » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:20 am

The new is gone be like the green but in black


Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13985
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:47 am

Exactly, like I said if the new MM300 is a black version of SLA019 then I'm finally getting a MM300

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by sierra11b » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:43 am

husabergangola wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:20 am
The new is gone be like the green but in black


Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
Yep.

We've seen this discontinued movie before when it transitioned from 001 to 017.

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 6969
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by jswing » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm

consonance wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm
Panerai7 wrote:My guess the new model will be something similar to SLA019 with sapphire crystal and new sapphire/ceramic-ish looking bezel insert. All imho are welcome upgrades to the older MM300.

Image
Probably similar to the SLA025:

Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
I think this is the most likely scenario.

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 6969
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by jswing » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:40 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:12 pm
Dang, I want another MM but I know it won't fit me, like the last 4 times.
No, it'll be different this time! :lol:

I can't tell you how many times I've convinced myself to buy the same watch again after proving to myself that it wasn't for me, for whatever reason. I continuously consider buying another MM300, even though I know I can't wear 44mm. :rolleyes:

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 9622
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm
consonance wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm
Panerai7 wrote:My guess the new model will be something similar to SLA019 with sapphire crystal and new sapphire/ceramic-ish looking bezel insert. All imho are welcome upgrades to the older MM300.

Image
Probably similar to the SLA025:

Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
I think this is the most likely scenario.
That is not a Marinemaster :naughty:

Since I’m not a WIS, I don’t know anything about movements, but I like the old, thick, top heavy version.
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 6969
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by jswing » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45 pm
jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm
consonance wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm
Panerai7 wrote:My guess the new model will be something similar to SLA019 with sapphire crystal and new sapphire/ceramic-ish looking bezel insert. All imho are welcome upgrades to the older MM300.

Image
Probably similar to the SLA025:

Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
I think this is the most likely scenario.
That is not a Marinemaster :naughty:

Since I’m not a WIS, I don’t know anything about movements, but I like the old, thick, top heavy version.
I meant to refer to the top one Art posted. New MM300, same as the old MM300. But with a few updates like sapphire and the dreaded X. I didn't mean to capture the 6159 re-edition, that's a completely different watch.
Last edited by jswing on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 9622
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:49 pm

^^^ gotcha :thumbsup:
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 29630
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:58 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Since I’m not a WIS, I don’t know anything about movements, but I like the old, thick, top heavy version.
Old. Thick. Top heavy.

I don’t know about her movements either.


Image

I hope you appreciate this Paul, because I had to see some stuff I can’t unsee to find this photo.



User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 9622
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:00 pm

^^^ her movements? In a word, “regular”

Yes, thanks for that
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13985
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:15 pm

jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45 pm
jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm
consonance wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm
Panerai7 wrote:My guess the new model will be something similar to SLA019 with sapphire crystal and new sapphire/ceramic-ish looking bezel insert. All imho are welcome upgrades to the older MM300.

Image
Probably similar to the SLA025:

Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
I think this is the most likely scenario.
That is not a Marinemaster :naughty:

Since I’m not a WIS, I don’t know anything about movements, but I like the old, thick, top heavy version.
I meant to refer to the top one Art posted. New MM300, same as the old MM300. But with a few updates like sapphire and the dreaded X. I didn't mean to capture the 6159 re-edition, that's a completely different watch.
Yeah I don't think it would be that bad. I must be the one of the few who's not bothered by the X

So what about these two? Are they to SLA25 what the SPB051/053 were to SLA017?

Image

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by Torrid » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:38 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:15 pm
jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45 pm
jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm
consonance wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm
Panerai7 wrote:My guess the new model will be something similar to SLA019 with sapphire crystal and new sapphire/ceramic-ish looking bezel insert. All imho are welcome upgrades to the older MM300.

Image
Probably similar to the SLA025:

Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
I think this is the most likely scenario.
That is not a Marinemaster :naughty:

Since I’m not a WIS, I don’t know anything about movements, but I like the old, thick, top heavy version.
I meant to refer to the top one Art posted. New MM300, same as the old MM300. But with a few updates like sapphire and the dreaded X. I didn't mean to capture the 6159 re-edition, that's a completely different watch.
Yeah I don't think it would be that bad. I must be the one of the few who's not bothered by the X

So what about these two? Are they to SLA25 what the SPB051/053 were to SLA017?

Image
That was my best guess when I saw them too.

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 6215
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 pm

I don't mind the X at all, except on models that never had them before, then I can't un-see it.
Image

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 13348
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by JDC222 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:04 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
deepcdvr wrote:
Since I’m not a WIS, I don’t know anything about movements, but I like the old, thick, top heavy version.
Old. Thick. Top heavy.

I don’t know about her movements either.


Image

I hope you appreciate this Paul, because I had to see some stuff I can’t unsee to find this photo.
Mmmm...fun bags.
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 6969
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by jswing » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:56 pm


Panerai7 wrote:
jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:48 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:45 pm
jswing wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm
consonance wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:28 pm
Panerai7 wrote:My guess the new model will be something similar to SLA019 with sapphire crystal and new sapphire/ceramic-ish looking bezel insert. All imho are welcome upgrades to the older MM300.

Image
Probably similar to the SLA025:

Image

Inviato dal mio SM-G955F utilizzando Tapatalk
I think this is the most likely scenario.
That is not a Marinemaster :naughty:

Since I’m not a WIS, I don’t know anything about movements, but I like the old, thick, top heavy version.
I meant to refer to the top one Art posted. New MM300, same as the old MM300. But with a few updates like sapphire and the dreaded X. I didn't mean to capture the 6159 re-edition, that's a completely different watch.
Yeah I don't think it would be that bad. I must be the one of the few who's not bothered by the X

So what about these two? Are they to SLA25 what the SPB051/053 were to SLA017?

Image
I've never minded the x, and sapphire would be a welcome upgrade. A better bracelet would be nice too, but it's Seiko, so that's not going to happen. And yes, I think that's supposed to be the modernized, budget version of the 6159 reissue.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk


User avatar
manitoujoe
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by manitoujoe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:04 pm

deepcdvr wrote:^^^ her movements? In a word, “regular”

Yes, thanks for that

Hahaha



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40340
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:32 pm

I dislike the X in pics. In person it didn't bother me at all.

User avatar
Selym
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 pm
Name: Myles
Location: Massive Two Shits

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by Selym » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:12 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:32 pm
I dislike the X in pics. In person it didn't bother me at all.
If it's any consolation, it's actually a stylized "P" crossed with an "S", for Prospex. :ugeek:

charger02
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:09 pm
Name: Zach
Location: TX
Contact:

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by charger02 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:18 pm

So does this mean that MM300 as we know it could actually become a collectors item? Especially the SBDX017 model as it was offered for only a short time period?

oldhooky
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:31 am
Name: OldHooky

Re: MM300 being discontinued

Post by oldhooky » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 am

I've had and let go three I think, and will probably get another, but not one with the X/SP logo. Clever it might be, but it's too X factor. As for the price increase, it's a risky strategy as it pushes it into the territory of other potentially more luxurious pieces. But none of watch ownership is ever logical!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests