Seiko Presage SPB045J1 ceramic dial awesomeness.

Discussion of Seiko watches
straps68
Name: Michael

Seiko Presage SPB045J1 ceramic dial awesomeness.

Post by straps68 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:39 am

This watch was previously and still is available as the JDM model SARW025. Difference is that Seiko has finally decided to release its best kept secrets onto the rest of the world. And it was a great idea.

I stopped by one of the AD's at the mall, looked in the window and saw some new Seikos. Wow, new models, I thought, and started looking closer. I saw the price and got even more intrigued as it is not usual to see a $1200 Seiko at an AD.

Now, I am not a fan of power reserve on the dial and I generally like my watches to have lume on the hands, and white is not at the top of my list when it comes to dial color, but the overall appearance of the watch made me really want to have a closer look. So I went inside and asked if I may. And I liked what I saw, very much!

The textured enamel dial with the inlay-ed PR scale, the date dial at 6, the painted indices with 10 layers of ink and the red 12 marker are a work of art. The dial is perfectly complimented by the the blue hands. The shape of the case, lugs and the beautiful crown are all great and the sides of the case are flawlessly polished. And the icing on this Seiko cake; the watch comes with a real crocodile strap.
The back of the watch offers a nice view of the 29 jewel 6R27 movement and the fit and finish of the case are top notch.

I then went around the mall trying to find something at the more expensive AD's that would compare in looks, bang for the buck, but came away empty handed, could not find anything that would come close to the Seiko's awesomeness, even at 10x the price.
straps68

My strap blog: https://straps68.blogspot.com/

TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Re: Seiko Presage SPB045J1 ceramic dial awesomeness.

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 am

Yeah, these Laurel-homages are terrific. I hope Seiko sticks with it for awhile.