Page 3 of 3

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:39 am
by Chocodove
I like the green. I’ve said it a million times, but I just wish these had a slighter shorter L2L.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am
by Chocodove
And the inevitable PADI...

(stolen from WUS)
Image
Image

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:55 am
by Panerai7
I'd like to try one of these and compare it to my SLA17.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:51 pm
by Torrid
Chocodove wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am
And the inevitable PADI...

(stolen from WUS)
Image
Image
Interesting lume. Prefer the original black and blue models to the whole PADI line though.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
by hoppyjr
Panerai7 wrote:I'd like to try one of these and compare it to my SLA17.
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm
by Panerai7
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
Panerai7 wrote:I'd like to try one of these and compare it to my SLA17.
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
SLA feels very special to me and I'm keeping it to satisfy my "vintage" vibe, first Seiko diver, small on purpose and such nonsense.
But I'd still want to try 053 for its gorgeous blue and cheap enough as a beater.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:51 pm
by hoppyjr
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
Panerai7 wrote:I'd like to try one of these and compare it to my SLA17.
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
SLA feels very special to me and I'm keeping it to satisfy my "vintage" vibe, first Seiko diver, small on purpose and such nonsense.
But I'd still want to try 053 for its gorgeous blue and cheap enough as a beater.
Agreed. I wish I hadn’t sold my last one. May acquire another if I find the right deal.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 pm
by Panerai7
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:51 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
Panerai7 wrote:I'd like to try one of these and compare it to my SLA17.
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
SLA feels very special to me and I'm keeping it to satisfy my "vintage" vibe, first Seiko diver, small on purpose and such nonsense.
But I'd still want to try 053 for its gorgeous blue and cheap enough as a beater.
Agreed. I wish I hadn’t sold my last one. May acquire another if I find the right deal.
Ha, how coincidental was this exchange and then boom, in another thread 😊

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:27 pm
by hoppyjr
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:51 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
Panerai7 wrote:I'd like to try one of these and compare it to my SLA17.
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
SLA feels very special to me and I'm keeping it to satisfy my "vintage" vibe, first Seiko diver, small on purpose and such nonsense.
But I'd still want to try 053 for its gorgeous blue and cheap enough as a beater.
Agreed. I wish I hadn’t sold my last one. May acquire another if I find the right deal.
Ha, how coincidental was this exchange and then boom, in another thread Image

No kidding!

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:59 pm
by Ryeguy
Panerai7 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
Panerai7 wrote:I'd like to try one of these and compare it to my SLA17.
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
SLA feels very special to me and I'm keeping it to satisfy my "vintage" vibe, first Seiko diver, small on purpose and such nonsense.
But I'd still want to try 053 for its gorgeous blue and cheap enough as a beater.
Exactly why I just bought the blue one today.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:50 am
by dnslater
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
I keep saying it, but these really don't wear that large. I like smaller watches and find that it wears fine. L2L is a bit longer than an SKX, as Todd pointed out, but it wears thin.

Image

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:55 am
by Torrid
dnslater wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:50 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
I keep saying it, but these really don't wear that large. I like smaller watches and find that it wears fine. L2L is a bit longer than an SKX, as Todd pointed out, but it wears thin.

Image
There’s a lot more going on style wise than I thought with this one. That case looks great.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 am
by Chocodove
Torrid wrote:
dnslater wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:50 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
I keep saying it, but these really don't wear that large. I like smaller watches and find that it wears fine. L2L is a bit longer than an SKX, as Todd pointed out, but it wears thin.

Image
There’s a lot more going on style wise than I thought with this one. That case looks great.
They even have a Zaratsu polished line on the case.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:05 am
by Torrid
Chocodove wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 am
Torrid wrote:
dnslater wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:50 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
I keep saying it, but these really don't wear that large. I like smaller watches and find that it wears fine. L2L is a bit longer than an SKX, as Todd pointed out, but it wears thin.

Image
There’s a lot more going on style wise than I thought with this one. That case looks great.
They even have a Zaratsu polished line on the case.
Yeah I might get one of these eventually. If I didn’t already have the Samurai I’d buy the blue one now.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:08 am
by Panerai7
Sell Samurai and buy the blue one.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:22 am
by Torrid
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:08 am
Sell Samurai and buy the blue one.
Thinking about it. May list it later. I haven’t worn it much lately.

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:41 pm
by toxicavenger
Torrid wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:05 am
Chocodove wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:57 am
Torrid wrote:
dnslater wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:50 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:00 pm
I loved the Vintage-esq nature of the 017 and the killer crystal, but the size of this one works better for larger folks like you and me.
I keep saying it, but these really don't wear that large. I like smaller watches and find that it wears fine. L2L is a bit longer than an SKX, as Todd pointed out, but it wears thin.

Image
There’s a lot more going on style wise than I thought with this one. That case looks great.
They even have a Zaratsu polished line on the case.
Yeah I might get one of these eventually. If I didn’t already have the Samurai I’d buy the blue one now.
I personally thought the SBDC's were as nice as the Seiko MM

Re: Seiko SBDC051/053

Posted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:45 am
by dukerules
Having not paid much attention to these when they first came out, I'm pretty sold. That case is outstanding for the money, and they look like they would wear very well on most wrists. The 051 may get me my MM300 fix.