INCOMING!!! Omega SM300 Tiffany Dial

A place to discuss vintage watches.
WatchTimes
Name: Jeremy

INCOMING!!! Omega SM300 Tiffany Dial

Post by WatchTimes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:51 am

Life is about taking a chance sometimes and I just did that!
I have just secured the purchase of a vintage Omega SM300 with a Tiffany Dial!
I know LOTS of vintage guys and NONE have seen the SM300 with a Tiffany Dial!
Most would be skeptical of it BUT this was REALLY a unique situation as the seller is the original purchaser and has the original box and purchase receipt.
The seller thought I would like a pic him wearing the watch in the 70's he found and scanned for me, well turns out he was in uniform. The seller was in the US Military and wore the watch while deployed on various missions (mainly disaster relief and aid for those types of things) and when I asked for info turns out he retired a Colonel! He is writing me a letter stating he bought the watch, sold it to me, wore it in the field with the pic etc.
The bad... The watch was flooded!!! It is NOT running! This is a project for sure BUT it may be something really rare and even more unique due to its documented history. I can't wait for it to arrive! I will have to talk to a couple restoration experts to see what options I have but even as it is I think it is cool! Hopefully my kid will appreciate it someday as I am simply a caretaker for the watches and guns I own till he is old enough and worthy of all of them.

So here she is, she is NOT a beauty queen BUT with tool watches that have pedigree (Mil, Comex etc) I would rather an example which shows real world use! A Mil or real commercially used divers watch that is perfect just would not seem right to me!
Omega SM 300 Tiffany Box 1.jpg
809094-cfc4f773f1331a5f7105604083e7f036.jpg
809092-a46eed10df2b0d74b46945ca7fde6d48.jpg
809091-15c1c26fdd5fc272ec6f75b9a5862734.jpg
809090-aa904a3b1d5054e73fc4bcffac89f7cb.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Re: INCOMING!!! Omega SM300 Tiffany Dial

Post by Zidane » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:02 pm

That's amazing. You going to send it to Omega for repair?

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:43 pm

cool find indeed, never seen a Tiffany SM300 :thumbsup:

have you seen any pix of the innards?? dial doesn't look too bad, hopefully movement's not a rust bucket :pray:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

WatchTimes

Post by WatchTimes » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:39 pm

LOL no way they’ll ruin it.
Zidane wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:02 pm
That's amazing. You going to send it to Omega for repair?

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:28 pm

That’s HOT

Huge congrats :cheers:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:51 am

Congrats. Don't send it to Omega it mite come back with buffed up case new dial and hands and ruin the value of your watch. Have a watchmaker here in the USA who works on vintage omega do the work. On the Omega forum ask if there is any one in your state that they would trust. Now if the scratches cant be buffed out of the crystal the crystal if it's a original replacement with the Omega emblem in the center would be the only thing I would replace and movement parts like main spring and any other movement parts if needed as long as original parts. Vintage collectors are picky you make the case look brand new they can spot it and it devalued by a large amount and yours looks to have the original bracelet that also ads to the value they alone sale for a lot of money just by them self. A photo of mine. Maybe get a archive letter from Omega just to see about the Tiffany link they mite have info on that and if the story and dial match up it will make it a more valuable watch.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:52 am

Been over a week have you received ether the Omega or Longines yet ? would like to see better photo's of the Omega.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:41 am

Unless this comes with tifanny papers, I’d have to think it’s text added onto the dial.

WatchTimes

Post by WatchTimes » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Yes I have both haven't really taken any other pics myself yet, and this came with the original receipt from Tiffany, the Tiffany box, a letter from the previous/original owner (retired Colonel), and a pic of him wearing it on a deployment (disaster relief, not war).

Here is a wrist shot of the Longines, I also sent multiple pics with the markings to Longines who verified it was invoiced Dec 22nd 1938 to Guth who was the military purchaser/supplier for the Czech Republic.
It is the cleanest example I can find anywhere, does not really even look polished. The enamel dial is just MARVELOUS

43 mm! Just ordered a few Barton straps, I really like them much more than a standard NATO and with fixed spring bars that's what I am limited to LOL I am good with that!
7AE0D8D7-C071-4782-8AC8-A698FBC4CF78.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marjak
Name: Mart

Post by Marjak » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Did the guy who bought it end up selling it to you instead of getting it repaired?
https://omegaforums.net/threads/water-d ... 141/page-5

Can't wait to hear how the Omega turns out!
- Mart -

WatchTimes

Post by WatchTimes » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am

I am the guy who bought it, he was the original owner if you read that again.
He had given it to his dad sometime in the late 90s and it was flooded then.
Original Tiffany bill of sale in his name

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:08 pm

not a fan of buying previously flooded watches... but good luck to you :cheers:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:52 am

WatchTimes wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:24 pm
Yes I have both haven't really taken any other pics myself yet, and this came with the original receipt from Tiffany, the Tiffany box, a letter from the previous/original owner (retired Colonel), and a pic of him wearing it on a deployment (disaster relief, not war).

Here is a wrist shot of the Longines, I also sent multiple pics with the markings to Longines who verified it was invoiced Dec 22nd 1938 to Guth who was the military purchaser/supplier for the Czech Republic.
It is the cleanest example I can find anywhere, does not really even look polished. The enamel dial is just MARVELOUS

43 mm! Just ordered a few Barton straps, I really like them much more than a standard NATO and with fixed spring bars that's what I am limited to LOL I am good with that!

7AE0D8D7-C071-4782-8AC8-A698FBC4CF78.jpg
Cool. Very rare to have an actually documented Tiffany watch.

WatchTimes

Post by WatchTimes » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:23 am

gr8sw sometimes we are fortunate enough to run across something rare, very very rare.
So rare I have spoken to several if the bigger vintage guys out there (dealers and collectors) and none
have seen a SM300 with a Tiffany dial. They have seen models before and after but no one I know has seen a 300.
Something this rare and unique needs to be brought back to life and preserved!
If it was not for the receipt, Tiffany box, original owner I would have never even considered it but all of that AND retired Military history it just was calling for me!
I have already had a couple pretty impressive offers but this isn't for sale. Like several other watches and guns in my collection, I do not own this I am simply holding onto it for my son... Someday Ill die and he will be sitting there with all these guns and watches wondering WTF do I do.... Hopefully he will be smart in selling them and not sell them for what my wife thinks I paid for things LOL. Sure Honey the Krieghoff K80 and Westley Richards 30-06 were on sale at Wal Mart just a few hundred bucks for both of em! Or the newest one that I carried in the house last night, ohhh you remember this one John had it at his house as he mounted a new scope on it for me and I picked it up today. RECCE
IMG_3564.jpg
s754605621467944309_p274_i2_w1280.jpg
WR3006.png