Milus Caribbean 1000

A place to discuss vintage watches.
Cooksmutiny
Name: Simon

Milus Caribbean 1000

Post by Cooksmutiny » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:51 pm

I recently got a hold of this model while away and want to source a new crown, I have no way to measure up a replacement, wondering if anyone has any idea what size etc I should order.
The case reference is 706 obviously being a diver it’s threaded blah blah
Any help would be greatly appreciated

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: Milus Caribbean 1000

Post by River Rat » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:45 am

Since that maker is most likely out of business the exact crown won't be available. You mite have to look for new manufactured crown and tube that can pass that kind of has the look of the old crown. I have a Benrus Type II issued diver there was a crown at Otto Frei that looked exact but was shinny had it bead blasted and it passed like it could be original you had to use the tube that came with it to work so had a watchmaker bead blast it to match the case and he replaced the tube and stem and crown I supplied. Just look at watch suppliers crowns and see if you can find one that matches and make sure you get the tube with it the threads mite be different on your case why I had to replace the tube on the Benrus and good luck. And one weird thing about the forum it will stall when you post so back out refresh the page and you will see what you posted so you don't do a double post as long as this has been happening think some one would fix the bugs in the forum. Also post a photo of the watch and a close up photo of the crown some of these cases on different brand Caribean watches mite be interchangeable another idea is to buy a donor watch for parts I have done that before.

Cooksmutiny

Post by Cooksmutiny » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 am

Thanks very much for that, I briefly jumped on frei website for a look but thought I’d ask first. Luckily it’s a super shiny stainless case!
Cheers for the double post heads up also.

DON
Name: Ontario

Post by DON » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am

Check out this site and post I did as I used to own a number of Ollech & Wajs models on the same type.

Here you can see a variety of names that used the same case and crown, so you can do WTBuys under the various names.

Not even sure if parts suppliers would carry a crown like that as cases made by one company and movements by another, so none are really manufactures of anything. Just assemblers

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthre ... ll-own-one

DON

Cooksmutiny

Post by Cooksmutiny » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks for that! I love that era and the variety of companies that used the cases, super cool