Finding a gem vintage movement

A place to discuss vintage watches.
DON
Name: Ontario

Finding a gem vintage movement

Post by DON » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Picked up this Omega 30T2RgSC movement, but sitting in pieces. Checked through the images and everything seem to be there except a couple of minor parts.

Balance not proper. That's being worked on.

Odd thing, was that someone poked the jewels out of the going train and sweep bridge. Spoke to one watchmaker, but wouldn't give a quote for fixing. No quote, no job.

Have both bridges from another 30T2SC. Just have to find someone I trust to swap them if possible.

Surprised by the condition. I'd call it close to 90/100 on condition. Some marks, but no rust or corrosion on any of the parts

Never seen any cases on Ebay. Too bad I sold all my oversized cases before I bought this.

DON

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: Finding a gem vintage movement

Post by River Rat » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:16 pm

Looks like some one used it for a parts movement. I use to collect pocket watches had to buy a beater movement for parts once due to a pocket watch my watchmaker was working on. Was the only way to get the parts.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:50 pm

That second picture kind of scares me. I can figure out rudimentary demolition, but Tiny watch parts.... :shock:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

DON

Post by DON » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:06 pm

deepcdvr wrote:That second picture kind of scares me. I can figure out rudimentary demolition, but Tiny watch parts.... :shock:
Not a problem. Pick out the Omega parts and toss the rest

I've restore a number of Omega watches, so know which parts are proper to the movement

DON

DON

Post by DON » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:09 pm

River Rat wrote:Looks like some one used it for a parts movement. I use to collect pocket watches had to buy a beater movement for parts once due to a pocket watch my watchmaker was working on. Was the only way to get the parts.
Looks, but all the parts were there. No clue why it was taken apart and jewels pushed out.

Only the balance and two small parts not there, but I have in stock

DON