Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Help IDing Citizen diver

Post by BSears » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:13 pm

BBK357 wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
JDC222 wrote:Hey " Member since yesterday"! There is vast knowledge here but before utilizing this, how about an intro thread?
No offense, but WTF is up with the snarky demands by some members here for intro threads? This is a watch forum (undoubtedly the coolest and tightest knit), not grade school. Not everyone feels the need to become part of a "family" in order to inquire about a watch they wish to know more about. Give dude a break.

I agree.
There are certain people here who like to have a good time yet are labeled a dick. This post proves that Dave is a dick. Yet nobody ever cares to say it.
Dave there is a way to say "hey post an introduction" then there is.. What you just did.
Coming from the king of dicks, I will heed that advice.

All of my "Demander of Intro Threads" posts have been in jest, more of an HTFU mentality.

If this bothers certain people, I will certainly refrain in the future...

Lol, king of dicks? I'm honored!

And don't get me started on the HTFU mentality ....

King of dicks. :thatshot:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Erratic101 wrote:Lay off Dave!! He's just policing the site. You know he's head of security around here. Someone's gotta keep the riffraff out.
riff raff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:18 pm

I'm thinking this is gonna end up in the RR. For mr. weirdo there, two in the chest, one in the head. That oughta fix him up right nice.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:20 pm

i like ding dongs

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:22 pm

toxicavenger wrote: riff raff
I'm not sure how you found that pic of me. I'm usually so good at making sure those don't get out!

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Erratic101 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote: riff raff
I'm not sure how you found that pic of me. I'm usually so good at making sure those don't get out!
it was on craigslist when some dude was talking about butt raping a guy for a motorcycle :mrgreen:

r.palace

Help IDing Citizen diver

Post by r.palace » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Most new members come from WUS, a site with thousands of members where unless you're a douche, kiss ass, or prick or sick combination of the three you're just another number. Jumping in with a question on a site like that (sans intro thread) I would understand. But here things are a bit different (we know this already).

I don't see the problem with asking (demanding) an intro thread. It's not common for someone to join, ask a sometimes retarded question and then leave.

So when the situation does arise, a "Hey Hello I'm bla bla bla" followed by a question, I feel, would be common courtesy.

Sometimes (read most of the time) were dicks just to be dicks and that's cool. There is more concentrated knowledge on an array of things on this forum than any other forum I belong to and it's because of that and the tight knit community that I understand where Daves coming from.

All in all, and not sure why I've even written this much already, if you make an intro thread - cool move. If not, that's fine too but to say some members throw a shit fit when someone doesn't make an intro is a bit exaggerated and you're a vagina. I say let Dave continue demanding intro threads, let Joe continue (even for months and through PMs) requesting pictures of your wife/girlfriend, let Terry continue to hide cow eyeballs in his ass :shrug: . Let DWC be DWC

Just my $0.10 on the topic
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod

Post by BSears » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:46 pm

Joe has never demanded pics of my wife. Openly or via pm. :tap:

Edit: Not like I could or would supply them. But still.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:46 pm

r.palace wrote:Most new members come from WUS, a site with thousands of members where unless you're a douche, kiss ass, or prick or sick combination of the three you're just another number. Jumping in with a question on a site like that (sans intro thread) I would understand. But here things are a bit different (we know this already).

I don't see the problem with asking (demanding) an intro thread. It's not common for someone to join, ask a sometimes retarded question and then leave.

So when the situation does arise, a "Hey Hello I'm bla bla bla" followed by a question, I feel, would be common courtesy.

Sometimes (read most of the time) were dicks just to be dicks and that's cool. There is more concentrated knowledge on an array of things on this forum than any other forum I belong to and it's because of that and the tight knit community that I understand where Daves coming from.

All in all, and not sure why I've even written this much already, if you make an intro thread - cool move. If not, that's fine too but to say some members throw a shit fit when someone doesn't make an intro is a bit exaggerated and you're a vagina. I say let Dave continue demanding intro threads, let Joe continue (even for months and through PMs) requesting pictures of your wife/girlfriend, let Terry continue to hide cow eyeballs in his ass :shrug: . Let DWC be DWC

Completely agree but I would add, let Ben continue to be King of the Dicks.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Perhaps would help to point out that the folks who post frequently actually know each other fairly well. At least from a personality standpoint. First name basis is common. Face to face meetings happen. It really does stand out when someone new speaks up.

I think Speedracer's response to my first post was, 'Who are you???."
The Hapa

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:51 pm

JDC222 wrote:
r.palace wrote:Most new members come from WUS, a site with thousands of members where unless you're a douche, kiss ass, or prick or sick combination of the three you're just another number. Jumping in with a question on a site like that (sans intro thread) I would understand. But here things are a bit different (we know this already).

Funny how I'm not the only one saying you're being a dick yet you keep shooting back at me. Accept it man- read your post and admit it was fucking rude. But maybe it's easier to ignore it and go after others.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:56 pm

CGSshorty wrote:I've never understood the demands for intro threads. If a new guy asks an interesting question you know the answer to, then help him. Or don't. Ignoring it works too.
Hey new Florida guy, how bout an intro...

andrema

Post by andrema » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:01 pm

HapaHapa wrote:Perhaps would help to point out that the folks who post frequently actually know each other fairly well. At least from a personality standpoint. First name basis is common. Face to face meetings happen. It really does stand out when someone new speaks up.

I think Speedracer's response to my first post was, 'Who are you???."
Who are you?

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Post by Terpits » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:05 pm

JDC222 wrote:

So Ben is your king?
:rimshot:

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Terpits wrote:
JDC222 wrote:

So Ben is your king?
Mind = blown
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:34 pm

andrema wrote:Who are you?
Engineer metal-head guy who thinks he's edgy but isn't. Lives in Southern CA, loves the weather. Works for the greatest of all evils, big oil. Grew up in Midwest and misses real trees (palms are big grass) and having a yard. Married, second child in elementary school, first lost at 28 weeks (before birth). Drives Acuras. Easily amused.

Some of the flock:
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Hapa

andrema

Post by andrema » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:04 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
andrema wrote:Who are you?
Engineer metal-head guy who thinks he's edgy but isn't. Lives in Southern CA, loves the weather. Works for the greatest of all evils, big oil. Grew up in Midwest and misses real trees (palms are big grass) and having a yard. Married, second child in elementary school, first lost at 28 weeks (before birth). Drives Acuras. Easily amused.

Some of the flock:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Welcome to DWC!

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Thank you. Each time a new intro went up I've felt bad for never posting one myself.
The Hapa

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:07 pm

BBK357 wrote:
JDC222 wrote:

Funny how I'm not the only one saying you're being a dick yet you keep shooting back at me. Accept it man- read your post and admit it was fucking rude. But maybe it's easier to ignore it and go after others.
Hey Ben, HTFU! Go after others? Jesus man, I didn't think you were such a crybaby!
It's all in good fun but as I said, if it bothers the masses, I will certainly refrain.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

andrema

Post by andrema » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:20 pm

I like it...BTW. Did you guys post intro posts??? I demand proof!!!

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:31 pm

andrema wrote:I like it...BTW. Did you guys post intro posts??? I demand proof!!!
http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/f ... hp?t=24795
Winston Churchill.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Terpits wrote:
JDC222 wrote:

So Ben is your king?
:roll:

Fuck Petre, sometimes your posts make me roll my eyes a bit, but this one, :clap:

Seriously, no need to be so tense. Everyone to your dark corners and rub one out and relax. :smack:
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:41 pm

andrema wrote:I like it...BTW. Did you guys post intro posts??? I demand proof!!!
I joined before that shit became fashionable ... or demanded. :htfu:
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

andrema

Post by andrema » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:48 pm

JDC222 wrote:
http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/f ... hp?t=24795
Okay, you get a pass ;)

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:51 pm

FWIW - and I think I've mentioned this before - I didn't post an intro thread when I joined DWC (then Y3).
:htfu: