My first vintage. Seiko 6217 "62mas"

A place to discuss vintage watches.
thg
Name: Felix

My first vintage. Seiko 6217 "62mas"

Post by thg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:34 am

toxicavenger wrote:
pbj204 wrote:
JimboUK wrote:Did you ever get your watch back from IWW. How long did it take, photos. Can you pm me and give me an idea of cost as I had a little luck tonight.
Still waiting. I think it takes about 6 months. Not sure of the cost. I never even ask. His prices are very fair. The bills from other watches have always been better than expected.

I can't wait to get it back though.
His builds are actually worth it and he doesn't act like a lunatic when you ask him questions. Where some of the other Seiko guys go full bore ape-shit if you saying anything at all.
Hey buddy, sorry for reviving an older post but have you guys considered sending your watches to Duncan (Cannop) in the UK? I sent mine (6105-8110) for outstanding work for decent money and great turn around time. In case other experts are too backlogged...

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: My first vintage. Seiko 6217

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:44 am

thg wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
pbj204 wrote:
JimboUK wrote:Did you ever get your watch back from IWW. How long did it take, photos. Can you pm me and give me an idea of cost as I had a little luck tonight.
Still waiting. I think it takes about 6 months. Not sure of the cost. I never even ask. His prices are very fair. The bills from other watches have always been better than expected.

I can't wait to get it back though.
His builds are actually worth it and he doesn't act like a lunatic when you ask him questions. Where some of the other Seiko guys go full bore ape-shit if you saying anything at all.
Hey buddy, sorry for reviving an older post but have you guys considered sending your watches to Duncan (Cannop) in the UK? I sent mine (6105-8110) for outstanding work for decent money and great turn around time. In case other experts are too backlogged...
Felix he does do some amazing work and so does Spencer Klein. Great recommendation.

pwood

Re: My first vintage. Seiko 6217 "62mas"

Post by pwood » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

Congrat! lovely piece.

rain_maker
Name: Fred

Re: My first vintage. Seiko 6217 "62mas"

Post by rain_maker » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Back from the dead

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Re: My first vintage. Seiko 6217