Fake Eterna Kontiki

A place to discuss vintage watches.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Fake Eterna Kontiki

Post by River Rat » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:44 pm

I wish this cheating ass of a seller on fleabay would stop trying to sell the worse fake of a Eterna I ever saw.Helped out a member who was lucky to get his money back on this peice of shit of a watch and the seller been told many times that it's a dam right fake.If you are one of the bidders run away from this was you been warned.This seller should be banned from fleabay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-rare-vin ... 2a25c02faf

Dogmann
Name: Marc

Re: Fake Eterna Kontiki

Post by Dogmann » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:55 am

Hi all,

I actually bought this watch and then was alerted as to the fact it was a fake by River Rat and another user on another forum but at least the seller was easy to deal with and i manged to get a full refund for it although i paid a lot more then its current price as i think i paid £770 which was an offer made below his buy it now price. Now what is strange is that i was told that it was his watchmakers watch and that he guaranteed it was authentic where as now he is saying its his clients and being sold as seen. Seeing as the price has now dropped by so much its obvious he must know its not a genuine watch as is virtually giving it away at this price. It was really nice on the wrist but the lume is non existent on it and it wasn't keeping great time either as was losing about 10 minutes a day. I have however seen other vintage divers with case so now know its not one Eterna used its a shame as it looks like someone is going to buy this thinking its real and with 3 days left the price could rise i don't know if River Rat has reported it to E-Bay but i am going to now telling then i returned it as not genuine.

Marc
Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon
Chopard LUC Sport 2000 Blue Dial
Cartier Pasha 18k White Gold factory set diamond minute square and cabochon.
UTS 1000M Pro Diver Anthracite dial #79/200
Scubapro 500 Silver Bezel
Sinn 180a Vintage Chrono

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:18 am

Thanks for taking time to post that, Marc.

Well done, Mike. Saved a fellow watch enthusiast some grief.
:htfu:

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am

Who would have known that they would fake a Kontiki and the fake be so bad...