Mileata review

Discussion of SAS Watches and Míleata Military Watches

Moderator: Graeme

Post Reply
User avatar
Graeme
Owner - SAS & Míleata
Posts: 1093
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 pm
Name: Graeme
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Mileata review

Post by Graeme » Thu May 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Just to let you guys know Two Broke Watch Snobs did a review of the Quartz GMT prototype. <<Link>> :thumbsup:
Image

Image Image

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 27215
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Mileata review

Post by hoppyjr » Thu May 25, 2017 2:37 pm

I like that a lot, good work Graeme! The dial is much more legible than the original M1/M2 version.

When will these land?

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 38924
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Mileata review

Post by toxicavenger » Thu May 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Mike did a great review on this one. Congrats on it Graeme.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 28571
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Mileata review

Post by CGSshorty » Thu May 25, 2017 7:54 pm

I think it's a good decision​ to ditch the fixed bars. This will look great on a canvas from Drew or Art.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
manitoujoe
Posts: 2517
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:37 pm
Name: Mark
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Mileata review

Post by manitoujoe » Thu May 25, 2017 10:56 pm

I actually like the idea of fixed bars. I normally wear ZULU straps and have had springbar failures. So, Graeme, if you plan on ditching a review copy with the fixed bars, please hit me up first. I dig it.
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

User avatar
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Posts: 3896
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm
Name: Don

Re: Mileata review

Post by tattoo chef » Fri May 26, 2017 5:51 am

CGSshorty wrote:I think it's a good decision​ to ditch the fixed bars. This will look great on a canvas from Drew or Art.
Depends on demographic you are targeting. If you are trying to appeal to us watch nerds, I agree. If you are really promoting it as a tough, no nonsense military watch, then leave the fixed bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 28571
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Mileata review

Post by CGSshorty » Fri May 26, 2017 7:52 am

tattoo chef wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:I think it's a good decision​ to ditch the fixed bars. This will look great on a canvas from Drew or Art.
Depends on demographic you are targeting. If you are trying to appeal to us watch nerds, I agree. If you are really promoting it as a tough, no nonsense military watch, then leave the fixed bars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are only so many of the second group who will spend $500 on a watch.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

mtpenate
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:46 pm
Name: Michael
Location: Seattle

Re: Mileata review

Post by mtpenate » Sat May 27, 2017 11:11 am

Great watch Graeme. And thanks for checking out the review guys!
-Mike

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 9110
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Mileata review

Post by deepcdvr » Sat May 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Cool indeed. I want one... going to have to move something out first :think:
VR/
Paul

:salute:

NEVER SETTLE!

Dante221
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:09 am
Name: Dante
Location: Ardsley , New York

Re: Mileata review

Post by Dante221 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi Graeme
Is the automatic movement a 2824-2 ?
I did not see it mentioned on the website. Also will a
non fixed strap bar models be available?
Thanks for a great new watch! :grin:
Dante
"For I do not seek to understand
that I may believe ; rather
I believe in order to understand"
St. Anselm

User avatar
Graeme
Owner - SAS & Míleata
Posts: 1093
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 pm
Name: Graeme
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Mileata review

Post by Graeme » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:33 am

Dante221 wrote:Hi Graeme
Is the automatic movement a 2824-2 ?
I did not see it mentioned on the website. Also will a
non fixed strap bar models be available?
Thanks for a great new watch! :grin:
Dante
Hi Dante,
Don't have a date yet for the new ones, and the movement I'm using in the autos is the Miyota 9015. ;-)
Image

Image Image

User avatar
i29alpha
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Name: Hugh
Location: Colorado Springs

Mileata review

Post by i29alpha » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:08 pm

Just wanted to bump this one up as I got to handle the GMT for a couple weeks.

Super tough watch that I never needed to baby or worry about. I loved the fixed lugs for this. I took it on a bunch of skydives and didn't need to worry about losing it. I love the tight fit of the bezel for keeping out debris, I had it at the dropzone a couple weekends and it gets very sandy and dusty out there. Never affected the action at all.

I love the GMT function because I'm on the road a lot with the AF Parachute Team. It's nice to set the GMT hand for wherever I am in the country and keep my home time set where it is. The watch kept very good time while I had it, no complaints there.

The coating held up like a champ. I didn't baby it and it showed no signs of wear at all when I returned it. It was perfect to wear with any of my uniforms and wasn't super flashy, even though I received many compliments. Just an all around great watch. I really enjoyed my time with it. Perfect military watch.

Here are a few pics from some jumps with it.

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 5300
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Mileata review

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Cool shots!
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 26422
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Mileata review

Post by matt.wu » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:34 am

Damn! Those are certainly some wrist shots that not many others can capture. Great stuff.
:htfu:

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 3620
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: Mileata review

Post by Seppia » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:37 am

Super cool pics, thanks for sharing and congrats to Graeme

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 3720
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Mileata review

Post by Chocodove » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 am

Nice :thumbsup:. Seems like the perfect watch for that sort of thing, i.e. jumping out of airplanes into baseball stadiums.
- Todd

User avatar
i29alpha
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Name: Hugh
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Mileata review

Post by i29alpha » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:11 pm

59yukon01 wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:54 pm
Cool shots!
Thank you!
matt.wu wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:34 am
Damn! Those are certainly some wrist shots that not many others can capture. Great stuff.
Thank you very much. I sure enjoyed taking them.
Seppia wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:37 am
Super cool pics, thanks for sharing and congrats to Graeme
Thank you! I really like this watch a LOT.
Chocodove wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 am
Nice :thumbsup:. Seems like the perfect watch for that sort of thing, i.e. jumping out of airplanes into baseball stadiums.
Ha! I think it does the trick.

User avatar
Graeme
Owner - SAS & Míleata
Posts: 1093
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 pm
Name: Graeme
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Mileata review

Post by Graeme » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 am

i29alpha wrote:Just wanted to bump this one up as I got to handle the GMT for a couple weeks.

Super tough watch that I never needed to baby or worry about. I loved the fixed lugs for this. I took it on a bunch of skydives and didn't need to worry about losing it. I love the tight fit of the bezel for keeping out debris, I had it at the dropzone a couple weekends and it gets very sandy and dusty out there. Never affected the action at all.

I love the GMT function because I'm on the road a lot with the AF Parachute Team. It's nice to set the GMT hand for wherever I am in the country and keep my home time set where it is. The watch kept very good time while I had it, no complaints there.

The coating held up like a champ. I didn't baby it and it showed no signs of wear at all when I returned it. It was perfect to wear with any of my uniforms and wasn't super flashy, even though I received many compliments. Just an all around great watch. I really enjoyed my time with it. Perfect military watch.

Here are a few pics from some jumps with it.

Image

Image

Image
Thanks for taking these photos!! They are brilliant!! Its great to see the watch being used this way.

Regards Graeme
Image

Image Image

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 6061
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Mileata review

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:33 am

Really cool testimony on rough use. Thanks for sharing.
The Hapa

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 1995
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: Mileata review

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:08 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:33 am
Really cool testimony on rough use. Thanks for sharing.
Can I wear it in the shower? ...while washing dishes?

These photos should be the response to all of those dumb questions.

User avatar
i29alpha
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Name: Hugh
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Mileata review

Post by i29alpha » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:15 am

Graeme wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:59 am
Thanks for taking these photos!! They are brilliant!! Its great to see the watch being used this way.

Regards Graeme
[/quote]

Thank you for making a sweet watch! I hope it gets to production!
HapaHapa wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:33 am
Really cool testimony on rough use. Thanks for sharing.
Definitely a rough use timepiece.
Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:08 am

Can I wear it in the shower? ...while washing dishes?

These photos should be the response to all of those dumb questions.
Ha!

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 22171
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Mileata review

Post by BBK357 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:54 am

Very cool shots


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE

BIG WHOOP. IM SPOONING A BARRETT 50 CAL, I COULD KILL A BUILDING.

User avatar
i29alpha
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Name: Hugh
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Mileata review

Post by i29alpha » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:47 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:54 am
Very cool shots


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
😁 Thanks!

unsub073
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: Mileata review

Post by unsub073 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:18 am

Those are some awesome shots. What stadium were you dropping into?

User avatar
i29alpha
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:29 pm
Name: Hugh
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Mileata review

Post by i29alpha » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:00 pm

unsub073 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:18 am
Those are some awesome shots. What stadium were you dropping into?
Thanks a lot!

It was Coors Field for the Rockies vs White Sox game.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest