Breville Pizza oven

Where did you get that man purse?
sierra11b
Name: Eric

Re: Breville Pizza oven

Post by sierra11b » Sat May 11, 2019 8:46 am

Captdave wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:21 pm
sierra11b wrote:If you have the land build one.

My father used to do these as weekend jobs back when I was a kid out of masonry. My close friend has one and we fire it up this time of year.

Find a nearby orchard and stockpile/cure some wood if they're selling. 5gal tank with a propane torch starts that fire in a couple minutes.

They're versatile for a tons of things (not just pizza) if you manage the amount of embers just right.
They’re very cool and I have plenty of land on which to build one...I have three friends that have built them. They’re just to expensive and labor intensive to build...at least at this point for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Certainly helps to know a guy for these types of projects. I have four brick masons in my immediate family if I ever wanted to have one built. I’m sure they’d do it if I bought all the supplies and invited them for pizza and beer later.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat May 11, 2019 8:56 am

sierra11b wrote:
Captdave wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:21 pm
sierra11b wrote:If you have the land build one.

My father used to do these as weekend jobs back when I was a kid out of masonry. My close friend has one and we fire it up this time of year.

Find a nearby orchard and stockpile/cure some wood if they're selling. 5gal tank with a propane torch starts that fire in a couple minutes.

They're versatile for a tons of things (not just pizza) if you manage the amount of embers just right.
They’re very cool and I have plenty of land on which to build one...I have three friends that have built them. They’re just to expensive and labor intensive to build...at least at this point for me.

Certainly helps to know a guy for these types of projects. I have four brick masons in my immediate family if I ever wanted to have one built. I’m sure they’d do it if I bought all the supplies and invited them for pizza and beer later.
ImageImage

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri May 17, 2019 9:25 am

Well got the oven. One thing I learned you got to do the dough just right I flopped on deep dish I will have to try that again. Did right on New York style dough.
Cheese and a Hawaiian pizza will have to practice my pizza dough skills this sucker gets hot for a oven.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:28 am

“John’s got a Breville out back....he’ll make you a toasty”
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Fri May 17, 2019 11:27 am

I would think deep dish would be tricky at high heat.

mbakes
Name: Mike

Post by mbakes » Sat May 18, 2019 11:45 am

Did a test Pizza for tomorrow when my future son-in-laws mother and sister come by after the wedding shower. Just need to get the heat up a bit more.

ImageImageImage

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 am

gwells wrote:I would think deep dish would be tricky at high heat.
Exactly this.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sun May 19, 2019 3:03 pm

I know when I get the dough just right it's not sticky when you handle it. On the deep dish was sticky it did cook but was more like thin crust I some how screwed up when making the dough. When I get it right I will post a photo of the deep dish pizza. My sister gave me some home made dough she made it came out OK it's all about the dough.

mainman
Name: leon

Post by mainman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:04 am

Craving for Pizza right now.

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:06 pm

If you have a Whole Foods Market nearby they sell an excellent dough they should be using in their pizza venue.... At least all have transitioned in the Norcal area. It has red and blue writing on the clear plastic bag. Avoid others as they sell a couple variants in their freezer section.

Next time i'm in one of their stores I'll snap a pic of the bag. I just made a pizza with the stuff and the flavor and crunch is killer. You can likely ask their prepared foods dept if they have any frozen in the back and stock-up for the freezer. It's well worth it for convenience. Trust.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:55 pm

nweash wrote:I started seeing ads for this pizza oven on my ig feed. Thanks Obama!

Lolz

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Found the dough. Terranova: https://www.terranovabakery.com/where-c ... zza-dough/

This page must be old as it's available in about twenty other WFM markets I frequent.