Headed to Napa Valley

Where did you get that man purse?
Post Reply
User avatar
zepp21
Posts: 5065
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Pennsylvania

Headed to Napa Valley

Post by zepp21 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:20 am

So the fiance's birthday is tomorrow and with busy season and a wedding to plan, time definitely got away from me. She's headed out to Napa Valley in October for her bachelorette party and I wanted to do something nice for her birthday, that she can use/do out in Napa. Anyone have any suggesstions on a nice dinner I can book for her or something memorable, that'll also keep me out of the doghouse :raised: :tap: :whistle: ?

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 28190
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by matt.wu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:25 am

French Laundry? :)
:htfu:

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 10692
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by logan2z » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 am

https://www.thomaskeller.com/tfl

Edit: Matt beat me to it :)

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 28190
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by matt.wu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:29 am

Buchon was nothing special. Ad Hoc was a little more accessible than French Laundry. Bottega was pretty good and more casual.

Or why not rent a limo for her and her girlfriends for the bachelorette party to make sure no one has to serve as DD between wine tastings that I'm sure they have scheduled.
:htfu:

User avatar
zepp21
Posts: 5065
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by zepp21 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 am

matt.wu wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:29 am
Buchon was nothing special. Ad Hoc was a little more accessible than French Laundry. Bottega was pretty good and more casual.

Or why not rent a limo for her and her girlfriends for the bachelorette party to make sure no one has to serve as DD between wine tastings that I'm sure they have scheduled.
This was my thought. I'd rent them a limo for the day and let them be pampered.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10082
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by JBZ » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 am

There are also a lot of mud baths/spas up that way if memory serves. Might be something to consider if the group is into that.
Image

User avatar
zepp21
Posts: 5065
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by zepp21 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:42 am

JBZ wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 am
There are also a lot of mud baths/spas up that way if memory serves. Might be something to consider if the group is into that.
I also thought about this but I thought the limo was probably a better idea so they can all sit back, relax, drink, and not have to worry, otherwise, they'll be alternating days to drive. Here, everyone can have fun for the day.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10082
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by JBZ » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 am

zepp21 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:42 am
JBZ wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 am
There are also a lot of mud baths/spas up that way if memory serves. Might be something to consider if the group is into that.
I also thought about this but I thought the limo was probably a better idea so they can all sit back, relax, drink, and not have to worry, otherwise, they'll be alternating days to drive. Here, everyone can have fun for the day.
You're probably right. Better that they can all partake at the vineyards without worry.
Image

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 32721
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am

DWC GTG in Napa?

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24979
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by BBK357 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Rent her a limo with a beefy male stripper as a driver. He can pull over out in the middle of nowhere. Give them a good lap dance and freak them out at the same time. Nothing like a 3.5lb schlong sitting on her shoulder right before you take her down the isle.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 32721
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:22 pm

BBK357 wrote:Rent her a limo with a beefy male stripper as a driver. He can pull over out in the middle of nowhere. Give them a good lap dance and freak them out at the same time. Nothing like a 3.5lb schlong sitting on her shoulder right before you take her down the isle.
Ben, she may not want the same thing you had for your bachelor party.

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 3521
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by Captdave » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Wine train especially if it’s a winemakers dinner. Mustards in yountsville is great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 6026
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by Chocodove » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 pm

All I can say is...

Image
- Todd

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15248
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by ericf4 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:01 pm

My buddy owns a Winery in St Helena if she's into that. Tasting ,tour sort of stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk


User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 3406
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:04 am

It has been a few years since I've been up that way, but St. Helena is great. October is a great time of year to visit as it is their harvest season and there is a lot of activity to see. Stag's Leap is a great vineyard to visit (which I think is in St. Helena). They only do very small group tours (unlike other vineyards where you might be in a group of 20- 30 people).

The limo is probably a great idea.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10082
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:11 am

Chocodove wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:15 pm
All I can say is...

Image
I love that movie.
Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16042
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:19 am

BBK357 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm
Rent her a limo with a beefy male stripper as a driver. He can pull over out in the middle of nowhere. Give them a good lap dance and freak them out at the same time. Nothing like a 3.5lb schlong sitting on her shoulder right before you take her down the isle.
Thanks for saving me the time to post this.

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11254
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by fastward » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:16 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am
DWC GTG in Napa?
Why do I picture this as bunch of dudes in a hot tub?

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11254
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by fastward » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Definitely go with a private tour for them.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24979
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by BBK357 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:52 pm

fastward wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am
DWC GTG in Napa?
Why do I picture this as bunch of dudes in a hot tub?

Because that thought comes to you about 48 times in a 24hr period?
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24979
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by BBK357 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm
Rent her a limo with a beefy male stripper as a driver. He can pull over out in the middle of nowhere. Give them a good lap dance and freak them out at the same time. Nothing like a 3.5lb schlong sitting on her shoulder right before you take her down the isle.
Thanks for saving me the time to post this.
You are welcome. I am always looking out for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 32721
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 pm

fastward wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 am
DWC GTG in Napa?
Why do I picture this as bunch of dudes in a hot tub?
With redbar UV flashlights!

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4684
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by sierra11b » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 am

Wine tour.

Years ago I used to bounce from Bouchon to French Laundry as a part time chef de partie while working as a Sous Chef in downtown Sacramento on a different shift.

You can call French laundry and see if they have a cancelation depending on party size. Seen people swoop right in and French Laundry loves a good time party — everyone is there celebrating something after all. Sorry I have no connections there anymore.

User avatar
zepp21
Posts: 5065
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by zepp21 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 am

sierra11b wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:00 am
Wine tour.

Years ago I used to bounce from Bouchon to French Laundry as a part time chef de partie while working as a Sous Chef in downtown Sacramento on a different shift.

You can call French laundry and see if they have a cancelation depending on party size. Seen people swoop right in and French Laundry loves a good time party — everyone is there celebrating something after all. Sorry I have no connections there anymore.
How far out do you need to book? It's not until October, so I figured that was plenty of time.

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4684
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: Headed to Napa Valley

Post by sierra11b » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 am

Yeah you have time. I’m talking day before cancellations where the party has to scramble an andstuff into that suit they never wear. Call them and give them the date and ask if they can call you in case of cancellation. Check in every so often but secure a backup. I think they do it all with email now.

I like Bouchon but am biased. No problem getting in there but it might be better for lunch

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests