New Wallet.

Where did you get that man purse?
Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Re: New Wallet.

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:50 pm

I’ve been carrying this for about 2yrs now and love it.
https://www.ridgewallet.com/products/carbon-fiber

Before that I was carrying the saddleback front pocket wallet.

Got away from a traditional wallet because I realized I was stuffing too much crap in there and when I was sitting down my posture was way off.

The ridge wallet is super slim, carries everything I truly need and fits very comfortably in my front pocket.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:17 pm

demer03 wrote:Someone here turned me on to Makr a couple years ago and I’m still using their flap wallet. I’ve bought some since but go back every time.

Makr has some cool stuff! I always thought that their stuff was very over priced...until I made a few of the flap wallets. Supplies are not so expensive but they actually take a lot of time, measuring, cutting, burning, sewing....
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Captdave

Post by Captdave » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:08 pm

JDC222 wrote:
demer03 wrote:Someone here turned me on to Makr a couple years ago and I’m still using their flap wallet. I’ve bought some since but go back every time.

Makr has some cool stuff! I always thought that their stuff was very over priced...until I made a few of the flap wallets. Supplies are not so expensive but they actually take a lot of time, measuring, cutting, burning, sewing....
You make flap wallets like this one? That’s cool. Love to see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads

Post by JDC222 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:17 pm

Captdave wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:08 pm
JDC222 wrote:

You make flap wallets like this one? That’s cool. Love to see one.

I have, it's been a while now. I've made leather notebook/journal covers, wallets, key folds etc. I'll dig out some pics...
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Nellipj
Name: Patrick

Post by Nellipj » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:21 pm

Erratic101 wrote:I’ve been carrying this for about 2yrs now and love it.

Got away from a traditional wallet because I realized I was stuffing too much crap in there and when I was sitting down my posture was way off.

The ridge wallet is super slim, carries everything I truly need and fits very comfortably in my front pocket.
This is what I use as well. Love my Ridge wallet. I’ll never go back to a traditional leather wallet.

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:17 pm

Might have been me as I have that exact one. Still have it and may put it to use again. Good company.

Captdave

Post by Captdave » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:02 pm

Colonel Littleton Front Pocket

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:19 pm

JDC222 wrote:

Gives a whole new perspective on handmade leather goods. You have to really enjoy doing it to get the benefit, as most people don’t want to pay what a hand made item like that really costs. I’ve learned this from the holsters and knife sheaths that I’ve put out.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:16 am

Joeprez wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:56 am
I prefer slim wallets, this is the latest one I have (bought it about three years ago):

https://www.slimfoldwallet.com/

They carry models with RFID blocking too.

I will have to look into those. I've carried a rogue wallet for many years now.

https://www.rogue-industries.com/

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:38 am

Do those metal lined (lead?) cc slips you get from your local bank work? I’ve been using those for years.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:46 am

Erratic101 wrote:I’ve been carrying this for about 2yrs now and love it.

I tried the black aluminum version for a month and couldn’t get use to it.

If anyone’s interested, PM me.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:42 pm

I ended up buying another archbishop from Jason at Monk Made but something a little more multi-color fun in all Italian buttero. I'll post pics once it arrives :gayumbrella: And I was correct in my assumption that ALL Buttero is ~$80 cheaper than cordovan outer, so the decision was simple as I love the first wallet. $220 vs $300 for the OP wallet in the same pattern.

So far his original archbishop pattern has proven great for George Costanza receipt storage.