Wake Boarding In Kauai

Where did you get that man purse?
Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Re: Wake Boarding In Kauai

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am

I hate to admit it (especially as a surfer myself -went out this morning and am going again this afternoon) but I never really understood how wake surfing worked.

It looks like you use a rope to pull yourself up onto the boat's wake just like traditional wake boarding, but then just toss the rope away once you position yourself on the wake. As long as the boat is making that wake, you can surf. Pretty cool.

The only thing I would be concerned about is to make sure you are using an inboard powered boat. The boarder looks to be pretty close to the boat and a stern drive would put the prop too close to the boarder for my comfort.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 am

If the link works, here is the video (quality isn't great).

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... J6eGFuSVdR

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:43 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:45 am
It looks like you use a rope to pull yourself up onto the boat's wake just like traditional wake boarding, but then just toss the rope away once you position yourself on the wake. As long as the boat is making that wake, you can surf. Pretty cool.

The only thing I would be concerned about is to make sure you are using an inboard powered boat. The boarder looks to be pretty close to the boat and a stern drive would put the prop too close to the boarder for my comfort.
You make your own waves with the boat. If i recall you can weigh down the back of the boat with water bladders so it makes bigger waves. You aren't really that close to boat at all. Just in the pics it looks that way from the angle.

Oh and it is now called wakesurfing.

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:44 pm

A video from Malibu about their wakesurfing tech. And to think I started out on an "El Diablo" wooden ski.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_wRtgs5tI4